Console Console Update Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RAGNAR - I also think last Gen may not get 1.3, but as long as those consoles can handle the rest of 1.2.4, I'll be happy. That's not implying I'm not happy now because as far as Terraria goes, I am happy. This game has come a long way since its release, and in that time become one of my most played games on the 360. The fact that updates may get delayed isn't going to diminish how I feel about the game itself.

I'm just hoping that the 'no news is good news' thing holds true and they're wrapping things up to submit the update for approval.

I was extremely excited the day 1.2.4 came out, and was distressed to find out many of the features I was waiting for didn't even release with the update. It has been quite a few months now since that update came out. I realize they have other projects, I realize this Terraria on Xbox One isnt a huge priority. I realize that they need to basically rewrite code for a lot of the game, but seriously, this game hasn't been appealing to me on Console as of yet. I expected support when I bought this game. They release half an update, one of the most anticipated updates as of yet, and take what, 5-6 months to release what I would assume would pertain to the other half of the update? Like not even 1.3? Just the other half of 1.2.4... I feel like I've wasted my money on the product. I shouldn't have to wait over a year to play the updates that actually made the game good. I guess promising support and future updates these days is something that is easy to procrastinate on. And don't try and tell me that it takes 6 months to release half an update. I'm just going to assume the dev team actually working on this is either one man, or a small 2-5 man team. Either way, I am not impressed, I wan't to play this game, I want to get my moneys worth. Release the update already!

I was extremely excited the day 1.2.4 came out, and was distressed to find out many of the features I was waiting for didn't even release with the update. It has been quite a few months now since that update came out. I realize they have other projects, I realize this Terraria on Xbox One isnt a huge priority. I realize that they need to basically rewrite code for a lot of the game, but seriously, this game hasn't been appealing to me on Console as of yet. I expected support when I bought this game. They release half an update, one of the most anticipated updates as of yet, and take what, 5-6 months to release what I would assume would pertain to the other half of the update? Like not even 1.3? Just the other half of 1.2.4... I feel like I've wasted my money on the product. I shouldn't have to wait over a year to play the updates that actually made the game good. I guess promising support and future updates these days is something that is easy to procrastinate on. And don't try and tell me that it takes 6 months to release half an update. I'm just going to assume the dev team actually working on this is either one man, or a small 2-5 man team. Either way, I am not impressed, I wan't to play this game, I want to get my moneys worth. Release the update already!

Couldn't agree more.

Like I previously said, it doesn't matter if its for us or not when they take so long and show such disregard that people don't want to play their game anymore.

I mean the content should have been already out twice, instead we don't even have a release date yet, at this point its more likely that the Wii U version will come out with the full 1.2.4 patch before we even have it, and that's ridiculous considering the time that has gone by since we received the first part of the patch.

On top of that look at the bigger picture, PC is at patch 1.3.1 now and we don't even have 1.2.4 completely yet, if mere bugs take them more than 6 months to fix than how long will it take for the console versions to even reach the 1.3.0 patch.

At this point I don't even believe anymore that its ever going to happen and if it does happen it will likely be after Terraria 2 is not only released but several patches in, in which case it won't even be relevant anymore.

No matter how you look at the situation, its undeniable that PS and Xbox players are getting shafted here, and its hardly something new too considering the fact that this has been the case since the game released on said platforms.

Disregard us? The fact that you would say that proves how little you know. This is not me insulting you but correcting those idiotic and uninformed statements. And once again I must say that the only reason for any of this, and I cannot emphasize this enough,is because they care about us and what we want and think. These mere bugs (which by the way if they don't fix every single bug, many of which can be game-breaking, I could guarantee that you and almost everyone else on this forum would throw a tantrum that isn't perfect) are not the only problem. One major reason for them being slow is that the game was not designed to be on console, and because of this, terraria is very difficult to port. Another reason is that this game is not their only priority. To be honest I don't expect to convince you of anything nor will I make any further atempt to try, however I will always correct and disaprove of such rude, disrespectful, and foolish comments.

-Your Friendly(or today not so friendly) Neighborhood Gamer

aka Drewman the Useless Mage

Disregard us? The fact that you would say that proves how little you know. This is not me insulting you but correcting those idiotic and uninformed statements. And once again I must say that the only reason for any of this, and I cannot emphasize this enough,is because they care about us and what we want and think. These mere bugs (which by the way if they don't fix every single bug, many of which can be game-breaking, I could guarantee that you and almost everyone else on this forum would throw a tantrum that isn't perfect) are not the only problem. One major reason for them being slow is that the game was not designed to be on console, and because of this, terraria is very difficult to port. Another reason is that this game is not their only priority. To be honest I don't expect to convince you of anything nor will I make any further atempt to try, however I will always correct and disaprove of such rude, disrespectful, and foolish comments.

I get what you're trying to get across. Really, I do. But the majority of negative comments are accurate, rather than idiotic or uninformed. In fact, you're comment has failed to disprove anyone's theories here. Your one point, the porting difficulties, doesn't prove how little we know. You know, I know I should use what I know to show you don't know you know. Y'know?

And in no particular order, your words;
  1. Mere bugs. Answer: console 1.2 launch. PsViTerraria with its crashing on saving. Sure, these two have been sorted now, but problems everyone had that impeded playability in the past, were not "mere bugs". These were the most memorable, but other issues of such a scale have arose. Even adding just the campfires before that cause a poopnado.
  2. Terraria is difficult to port. Answer: No s**t mate, welcome to the word of video game development. a lot of games aren't designed for console, but their ports are highly received because the developers take their time. Relogic take their time too, and their updates are well executed. A few bugs here & there, but nothing majorly game breaking. 505/engine however, 1.2 launch, PsViTerraria, you get the idea.
  3. They care about us. They only recently switched to a different QA team, I believe only after the constant request of the almighty Loki and some other members of the Relogic team grabbed pitchforks. Only a few years too late, but 505/engine got there. We can begin to hope for a better future
  4. ...And what we want. What do we want? A stable update! When do we want it? You'll get the second half of the stable update in q3 of 2016 (jokes on you, our calendars in binary)
  5. Throwing a tantrum if it isn't perfect. Perfect and playable are two different things. We're fighting for the latter, rather than the former.
  6. This is not me insulting you, but I'll do so anyway a few words after. Hmm, speaks for itself.
  7. This game is not their only priority. But it was before. And now it's likely second to Otherworld (which is understandable), but the game wasn't exactly the shiniest tile on the wall.
  8. I will always try to correct and disapprove of such rude, disrespectful, and foolish comments. Irony.
  9. I don't expect to convince you of anything nor will I make any further attempt to try. You tried to? I must have missed it among the other clichè arguments defending 505. What next, you'll tell me to do a better job of porting it?
I've already done that. Here's a rather old screen grab of an attempt at getting 1.1 to work on a GameBoy Advance. It worked, with a framerate that Mircosoft PowerPoint would be proud of. It had its issues, like worm enemies snapping to other entities and the world starting in hardcore for the character, but at least I could save the game to the one save file available without it crashing
image.jpeg

Now whose statement is uninformed?

It's rediculous how long this takes, besides, they said that there would be more interaction with the community regarding updates and such.
I'm about done too, lots of promises but nothing delivered, ugh game developers.

First off, you ARE insulting me you're calling my comments idiotic and uninformed without providing ANY valid argument as to why that is or what you base that on other than your own speculation on why they're supposedly doing this which in all honesty comes across as completely biased might I add.

Second, Plenty of games have bugs and still function properly, and if you really believe that it has so many game breaking bugs that the content cant be put into the game after they have supposedly been working on them for more than 6 months than you really are naive.

Third, you can guarantee that myself and all the other people you don't know would throw a temper tantrum when faced with a few bugs, get off your high horse, you don't know me nor do you know the people you're making baseless assumptions about, you're only making yourself look more like a mindless fanboy by making these petty claims.

I can tell you right now that I'd happily put up with some bugs or even crashes from time to time if it meant that they would finally put the content in the game.

Fourth, Right Terraria is not made to be on console, that's why the Wii U version is releasing with the full 1.2.4 update a platform that's arguable inferior to even the Xbox 360 and the PS3

Your points are getting less logical with every new one you make.

Fifth, "This game is not their only priority"

And the fans are supposed to care about that because?, years ago they made promises to their consumers that they would do a better job, update a lot more regularly and actually communicate with them and keep them updated, they claimed that the console players "Wouldn't be forgotten"

That you believe "Having other priorities" is even a valid argument after they said that is beyond me.

Finally "I don't expect to convince you of anything nor will I make any further atempt to try, however I will always correct and disaprove of such rude, disrespectful, and foolish comments."

You don't expect to convince me because you know that you haven't made a single valid counter argument.

You wont make any further attempts to try because you know I'm right about this.

You're being rude disrespectful and foolish yourself so that's the pot calling the kettle black.

Now seeing as you closed your comment off with an insult Ill go ahead and do the same.

You're really showing the "useless" part of your name considering the fact that your comment contained nothing of substance, just ad hominem nonsense because you clearly can't disprove what I had to say.

People need to calm down when addressing each other. We understand the frustrations with the console delays, but taking shots at other peoples' opinions (or their replies to yours) are not helpful at all.

Talk about the topic, not each other, please. Thanks.

People need to calm down when addressing each other. We understand the frustrations with the console delays, but taking shots at other peoples' opinions (or their replies to yours) are not helpful at all.

Is the 1.3 update for console and mobile going to be a high priority for the game developers of 505? People are getting pretty crazy and angry...

Fair enough, my apologies.

Is the 1.3 update for console and mobile going to be a high priority for the game developers of 505? People are getting pretty crazy and angry...
I'm not involved with that, I'm only the forum admin. I can't tell you what the plans for 1.3 are on mobile/console, and even if I knew it's not my place to say. It's also not really the topic of this thread.

My concern is that emotions are boiling over here and people are starting to take it out on each other. We cannot allow that to happen, whatever the situation with delays or lack of news. My understanding is that there IS no news to relay at this time. That's all I know.

For those who are calling for 505Games to 'release the game already' - they can't simply do that. The process requires approval from Sony/MS/Nintendo on the respective platforms for any major release/update, and without their say-so it just ain't happening. I'm not trying to shift blame here, just giving facts.

Fair enough, my apologies.
Appreciated.

My words were meant for everyone in the thread, not just you. I hope that everyone is as willing to dial it back a bit as you seem to be.

Can I ask one more question to everyone who is on this thread. Do you have even a hint of hype in your system for 1.2.4. The only reason why I am still waiting for 1.2.4 is so that I can play with my Xbox friends when it releases. I'm not hyped anymore and I think a lot of you are losing hype. I can just tell.

Can I ask one more question to everyone who is on this thread. Do you have even a hint of hype in your system for 1.2.4. The only reason why I am still waiting for 1.2.4 is so that I can play with my Xbox friends when it releases. I'm not hyped anymore and I think a lot of you are losing hype. I can just tell.

1.2.4 is the current version that the Console edition has. It was released for Console around 6 months ago, I believe.

1.2.4 is the current version that the Console edition has. It was released for Console around 6 months ago, I believe.

The December release was MOST of 1.2.4....with a large handful of items missing (Summoner stuff, stylist, a ton of furniture)....which is what people are waiting on. So, console both has and does not have 1.2.4....

The December release was MOST of 1.2.4....with a large handful of items missing (Summoner stuff, stylist, a ton of furniture)....which is what people are waiting on. So, console both has and does not have 1.2.4....

Okay. Is there a set release date for the rest of the 1.2.4 update?

Plus, isn't Terraria coded in C whilst the Xbox uses C++?

I could be wrong and it's probably coded in multiple languages but to translate code into another language and make sure there aren't any translation errors would take ages. I know it's frustrating b/c my ex coded as a hobby and he used to tell me all about it.
He said he hates using Sass and ratchets Less.

If it has to take this long for the rest of 1.2.4 to come then I don't even want to try and make any sensible estimate on 1.3.
Sheesh man nobody can't deny that this is taking ridiculously to long for an addition to an update that was postponed because of bugs.
What did they do, cut their 2 man team in half to spread out their workforce?
Ugh, gamedevelopers, always an excuse and they always get away with it. If I would have come up with so many excuses and delays in eta's I would have been homeless by now but that's business, my clients could've sued me (I'm retired now) if I was to late, no single gamer can use that pressure so gamedevs are free to change eta's as they see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom