Terraria Community Forums

Oleg34518
Oleg34518
oh I saw the Rod of Discord's tooltip, it says: teleports to the position of the cursor, but the cursor doesn't exist on mobile.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
ok here's my summary of the mobile version:
1. constant crashes make the game nearly unplayable
2. the drop rates are too low
3. the screen is shaking so hard when im moving
4. the controller is broken
well it seems all. for now...
Treesmasher
Treesmasher
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, all those crashes and fps drops are your own tablets fault? On my tablet which I have had since 2012, I have only crashed a few times (Not in the past few months) and my fps never drops. I always play at 60 fps.
zimberzimber
zimberzimber
Thats one of the many problems of mobile gaming/programs, there are so many types with so many differences you simply can't make something work properly on all devices.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
my tab is Samsung galaxy note GTN-8000 but my friend has a newer phone and he's running even worst.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
I tried playing Terraria in my sandwich once. It didn't run as smoothly as I expected.

So, yeah. Games should be kept on gaming devices, else Terraria Mobile happens.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
oh forgot to say: most of my friends rooted their devices. I am not sure why.
in addition the have been using somewhat hacked weapons like: Venus magnum does 200 dmg, stake launcher does 300, that can only mean they're hacking weapon dmg?
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
- Because it's the cool thing to do.
- Because they think using a program someone else created to do things they don't even understand is "hacking" and hacking is cool.
- Because some mobile cheat engines need to have full access to your phone to do what they do.
- Because someone bull:red:ted them into thinking rooting is needed to play games.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Choose one, or in some cases, all of the above.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
it seems all of the above are correct, they think rooting your device makes you look cool. but really rooting puts your device in danger, system crashes, software glitches, missing system files. so don't root your device no matter what.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
And something like rooting also voids most warranties I know about. It's like fixing a PC yourself - you have to know what you're doing, and have to be aware that you'll break/damage that seal in the PC case, and once that's done, there won't be any free/cheap way to fix it if you screw up.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
oh speaking of rooting, once rooted you device becomes unstable. and once rooted, there's no coming back.
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Alternative to rooting: Use a mobile emulator on PC. Just as illegal, just as wrong, 100% less likely to :red: up your phone/tablet.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
oh and lastly, if Valve anti-cheat was enabled for Terraria?
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Valve's anti-cheat is as effective as a chastity belt in a town full of locksmiths.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
is it that useless?
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Tools as basic and easy to detect as Cheat Engine can be used without Steam being aware of them.

And even if more complex methods (trainers, mods) are banned by VAC, I've been around long enough to know how crafty gamers can be when they just want to prove you can break through game protection.
Oleg34518
Oleg34518
so that sums it up. but wait if they were hacking weapon damage why they weren't hacking their health/mana?
Kyouko Tsukino
Kyouko Tsukino
Fun thing is, values which stay fixed are easier to cheat than those that constantly change.... There's less chance of the cheat being detected by protection software if it isn't constantly active (infinite health/mana would do this, constantly returning either to their max values.)
M015TY B0Y
M015TY B0Y
Cuz its mobile
Back
Top Bottom