Terraria Community Forums

Treesmasher
Treesmasher
Gold, I suspect that aWolfen already knew that.
aWolfen
aWolfen
don't you know an ironic strikethrough when you see it
R
Red H2O
Am I the only one that thinks it looks bad? It seems goofy as all hell.
Leinfors
Leinfors
Terraria has been known to be a goofy game, from time to time. Sometimes. Even on occasion, perhaps.
aWolfen
aWolfen
Not gonna lie, they way they kind of burst out like that does seem out-of-place.
R
Red H2O
Could it not grow in stages, as someone else here suggested?
aWolfen
aWolfen
Or at least, if that's going to happen, make the trees do insane amounts of damage to whatever walks near.
They look like nature bombs.
Leinfors
Leinfors
COULD it? Maybe. SHOULD it? Well, like my spirit-grandfather Mr. Torgue, when choosing between "a delicate miracle of life, in a slow, stage by stage process" and "TREESPLOOOSIONS!", there is really only one thing to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2bToriClBo
Azu
Azu
Terraria 1.3.2 changelog
* Trees now can grow while on screen. When they do, they make a popping noise and send anything on or above it 200 feet in the air and deal 200 damage.
Azu
Azu
Only does damage in Expert.
Leinfors
Leinfors
Death message: "A tree appeared where you used to be."
Cenx
Cenx
Grow frames would have been a pain in the butt with how random trees grow. This was the quickest most appealing way to make on screen growth happen. As for a sound I feel like that could be annoying, definitely something we can look into though. :)
Azu
Azu
As annoying as a duck making a loud human quack sound? :p
Miku Hatsune
Nakano15
Nakano15
Hum, if trees also dropped leaves sometimes...
Aurora3500
Aurora3500
Yahoo!! It will be fun to watch trees grow from now on!
Loki
Loki
This should be really nice for multiplayer servers as well....where there is likely to be someone on the screen at all times - hindering tree growth. This is what I like about the updates....its always a mix of the little QOL things that make things just a touch nicer alongside more meaty mainstream things. :)
Eli10293
Eli10293
I am just hoping Cenx will make it so that when you paint Saplings the trees become painted aswell and the growing effect too
Cenx
Cenx
That sounds a tad trickier. :p
Dg-vr
Dg-vr
Growing trees as ultimate endgame weapon? :p
Back
Top Bottom