Terraria Community Forums

Ufeia
Ufeia
If both are added, the world gets to choose where you end up, some testing has to be done but it seems it chooses the furthest teleporter from your house. It's simply a prototype right now but Eternalserenity - continued in next comment
Ufeia
Ufeia
and I have been doing some experiments with gem locks and teleporters. I could probably build one that disables teleportation in the case of both gem locks being unlocked, look out for a private message later.
Ufeia
Ufeia
I've run into a problem during testing, I'm trying to fix it but it'd be a huge pain. It seems that the switch is toggle (obviously), and this can teleport you when you put the large gem in. This is a flaw I didn't realise until now. Subsequently, you will get smoke if you using the logic gate itself to disable that lamp. It will also create an inequality where one side is on and one side is off.
Hundjäger18
Hundjäger18
How about this ? I think it works fine, the gem is the choice of teleporter and when more than one are on, none is allowed, is this what it should do?
GGRxKdy.png

nsTgrg8.png
Hundjäger18
Hundjäger18
Oh wait, unless, you want them to teleport you to one randomly if more than one or all the gems are in, and the games keeps choosing the one farther away of the spawn point, right?
If that's really what you wanted then I guess what I did is not just useless, but also an insult to your intelligence (all I did was add 2 lamps ) and for that I'm sorry.
Ufeia
Ufeia
The problem with a lot of these engines is the smoke that is produced when you try to force the teleportation to stop. I've done a similar thing a few times but I've always been plagued by a simple problem.
Ufeia
Ufeia
The problem is that the switch actually toggles that first bottom lamp. You might think it's fine because it'll get turned off when one side is opened. The big problem is this doesn't work. One side will turn off and the other will :red: up. It's all screwed up at this point. I've tried a lot of things like including a giant engine that EternalSerenity helped out on but it never works. I've given up at this point.
Ufeia
Ufeia
If you really want to help Obrovskis, feel free to continue. Here's my work thus far,
fo5EOlk.png
Ufeia
Ufeia
On the left and right lamps, the AND gates, they should be from top to bottom, 1010 by default. Ignore that 1011, it's my mistake and I forgot to change it. The middle bottom lamp connected by the weird yellow wires is a faulty gate, it should be 0 by default. Top gate is 010 AND gate.
Ufeia
Ufeia
The major problem is how that toggle part on the sword allows you to teleport the moment you slap the gem on which wasn't the original intention and ruins what Obrovskis wants.
Hundjäger18
Hundjäger18
I didn't get any of that, other than what sounds like the problem I was having when I started to build it without the faulty lamp, so in order to understand what you both want, i would like "yes" or "no" answers to the next questions:
Hundjäger18
Hundjäger18
1-is Obvrovskis looking for something different to what Ufeia is working on?
2-is the setup only for 2 gems?
3-should it teleport the player when there are both/more than one gem activated?
4-should the player only be teleported when using the switch, not when placing the gems?
Hundjäger18
Hundjäger18
Since I'm not getting any answers I did this following (1-?,2-any,3-no,4-yes)
ApJnwNH.png

MsplYPD.png
Hundjäger18
Hundjäger18
Ufeia, i've seen many of your comments, and I really value your opinion, so please let me know if this works, right now I think this is what you both are looking for but I could be confused.
Ufeia
Ufeia
1. Obrovskis is looking for what I'm working for.
2. This setup is only for 2 gems.
3. The gem is where you want to teleport to. It is meant to fail when none are in.
4. The teleporter should only work when the switch is used.
Ufeia
Ufeia
And holy :red:, I think you did it! I didn't think of that at all. Thank you! I might make a video on it. The use of this is mainly for adventure maps, but there are uses. You could set up this before a boss fight. It'll let you choose where to go. So you don't have to click the right switch out of six in current teleporter hubs.. Congratulations again!
Back
Top Bottom