Resolved [Mobile] Can anyone tell me what this banner is?

Nilly

Terrarian
I was recently playing Terraria on my mobile and while exploring for sky islands I found one with a red banner/sign hanging from the bottom. There was a star shaped hole in the center of the sign. When I tried to break it I couldn't, and when I broke the block it was hanging from it just moved to the blocks above. I've never seen this before and was wondering if anyone knew what it is or what it means?
Screenshot_2016-01-07-16-21-57.png

It . . . looks like a housing banner. Except with a star on it.

That would explain why you can't actually break it (its a user interface element, not a piece of furniture), but I can't fathom what it is.

I went back to have another look, I placed a torch for better light and the star is actually blue, it's not a star shape hole like I previously thought. It definitely looks like a housing banner, it's strange the way it's on the island though. And I don't know what it represents, maybe it's a glitch?

I found another today! Both of them were on floating islands above the ocean on the right side of the world.
Screenshot_2016-01-13-15-25-39.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1452733111,1452733063][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe you could try to hammer it or the walls behind it.
I'll try that!

Hi, actually, I got the same banner, when the Fishing-guy wanted to be set free. It was just above him, near the ocean biome.

image.png
I've found one too and I know what it means!
It's a symbol that shows when the angler is sleeping and if you look you'll see it's right above the angler!
But when you wake the angler up it disappears!
The reason why lots of people haven't found one is because it's a small chance for floating islands to spawn right above the angler!
Hope this comment helped you!

Last edited:
Just made a new world and thought about this, so I went to check it out myself.
Screenshot_2016-05-05-16-41-52_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.png
The picture above shows the floating island just above the angler before waking him up.
Screenshot_2016-05-05-16-42-20_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.png
And this picture shows the same floating island after waking him up.

I was recently playing Terraria on my mobile and while exploring for sky islands I found one with a red banner/sign hanging from the bottom. There was a star shaped hole in the center of the sign. When I tried to break it I couldn't, and when I broke the block it was hanging from it just moved to the blocks above. I've never seen this before and was wondering if anyone knew what it is or what it means?View attachment 91674

It's the Sleeping Angler Banner. It should dissappear after interacting with the Angler.

I was recently playing Terraria on my mobile and while exploring for sky islands I found one with a red banner/sign hanging from the bottom. There was a star shaped hole in the center of the sign. When I tried to break it I couldn't, and when I broke the block it was hanging from it just moved to the blocks above. I've never seen this before and was wondering if anyone knew what it is or what it means?View attachment 91674
That's just above where the sleeping angler is

I found this banner too... but at a other position
Screenshot_2016-05-03-07-16-28.png

so i think its a development "furniture" that isn't able as item

Back
Top Bottom