Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Darkness can kill you while golfing even if you have a light source like Magiluminescence and standing in The Underworld where there's no Darkness.

When me and my friends were playing GetFixedBoi, one of my friends was golfing in The Underworld while standing on the roof of a building and had Magiluminescence when he suddenly died to Darkness even though it wasn't dark.

This bug is very problematic for Hardcore players and I hope this gets fixed.

I would call it more of an edge case in the way The Constant Darkness killing the player is calculated. I cant find any documentation on this in the official wiki but I know it works similar to when The Constant Darkness kills you while you are tabbed out.

The Constant calculates darkness and light by what is on screen. When tabbed out the lighting engine stops running for whatever reason and so when The Constant will still kill you no matter the lighting conditions. You will similarly die while golfing as your view is aligned to the ball, and so the light is technically zero if the ball is in darkness even in broad daylight.

Back
Top Bottom