Items Graviton Crystal - Master Gravity!

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Note: This has been changed from a potion to a crystal

The Gravitron Crystal is similar to the Gravity Potion, and allows the advanced control of gravity. It is worldwide, but does not effects monsters. Unlike the Gravity Potion, the Gravitron Crystal allows the gravity to be switched from all generic directions, including the up, down, left, and right arrow keys. With this property, there are a few things that apply:

1. This crystal applies to items and players.

2. This crystal will not work on bosses.

3. Turning left or right will allow the player to fit through 'walls' two blocks high.

4. This obviously will not effect gravity effected blocks or liquids.

5. This crystal, once used, lasts a mere 3 minutes.

6. If 2 players or more use it at a time, each time someone uses it, the other will be overridden. Teams apply to this.

If in multiplayer, the potion will only effect players on the same team. Thus it can not be used on unsuspecting players to throw them up in the air and let them fall to their death(But it can be done with your team-mates:naughty:). the buff picture would be 4 arrows pointing in different directions. The Gravitron Crystal itself would look like a hot pink crystal with shards protruding from all sides, pulsating with a magenta glow.

It is made with the following:

1 Soul of Fright
1 Soul of Sight
1 Soul of Might
1 Lihzard Power Cell
20 Crystal Shards

This may seem extremely overpowered but the requirement of a lihzard power cell makes it costly and difficult to mass produce. However it is renewable as lihzards have a 1/100
chance of dropping a lizard power cell. If it was overpowered in any way, I would say that it would be that it affects players on your team.
Feel free to leave comments or ideas below, and if anyone would like to sprite something for the crystal and buff icon, it would be muchly appreciated!

Last edited:
I honestly can't support this. I like the idea of controling gravity more. But the control of mob gravity isn't something I see being added. That's a lot of coding my friend. A lot. I think if you took that and the lizhard power cell out it would be good. Its a summon item, why put it in a potion?

Things Needed;
[] Replace the Lizhard Power Cell
[] Stop the control of mob gravity

I honestly can't support this. I like the idea of controling gravity more. But the control of mob gravity isn't something I see being added. That's a lot of coding my friend. A lot. I think if you took that and the lizhard power cell out it would be good. Its a summon item, why put it in a potion?

Things Needed;
[] Replace the Lizhard Power Cell
[] Stop the control of mob gravity

I decided to change it from a potion to a crystal, and mobs are no longer controlled by the gravity. :)

Um, you don't seem to be able to make up your mind about whether or not it can control monsters...
The Gravitron Crystal is similar to the Gravity Potion, and allows the advanced control of gravity. It is worldwide, but does not effects monsters. No?

1. This crystal applies to everything, including items. Yes?

If in multiplayer, the potion will only effect players on the same team, but will affect the monsters near them. Yes.

If it was overpowered in any way, I would say that it would be that it can be used to control monsters, although the potion is short and controlling them would allow the players to throw them into lava, let me remind you that only players take fall damage and monsters will be left unharmed. Okay, that's definitely a 'yes.'
The idea would be a lot better if you could decide what it is. Also, using Lihzard Power Cells in the recipe to balance it? Absolutely not.

Please don't take this the wrong way, either. I'm not criticizing your thread because I don't want to change mine. I have a problem with the crafting recipe and I'm a little confused about what it does and doesn't do.

Um, you don't seem to be able to make up your mind about whether or not it can control monsters...

The idea would be a lot better if you could decide what it is. Also, using Lihzard Power Cells in the recipe to balance it? Absolutely not.

Please don't take this the wrong way, either. I'm not criticizing your thread because I don't want to change mine. I have a problem with the crafting recipe and I'm a little confused about what it does and doesn't do.

Whats wrong with lizard power cells to balance it? It effectively gates it past plantera and makes it expensive but not too hard to get. Also fixed that nonsense with the monsters. Herpa derp. Anyways the potion affects the entire world, but not gravity affected blocks, liquids or monsters. So only players and items will be affected.

Whats wrong with lizard power cells to balance it? It effectively gates it past plantera and makes it expensive but not too hard to get. Also fixed that nonsense with the monsters. Herpa derp. Anyways the potion affects the entire world, but not gravity affected blocks, liquids or monsters. So only players and items will be affected.
Affecting items seems kind of pointless. And why would it need to be gated past Plantera? It's really not all that powerful, it just lets you switch in more directions and move some items around. Power Cells don't need to be in the recipe. They have nothing to do with what the crystal does and only serve to make it more tedious to craft.

I think it would be better if it was a potion just like the gravity potion. but with more materials needed.

After a bit of thinking about this, I would say it should simply be an upgraded gravitation potion. No need for all that "server-wide control of players and items" stuff. The trolling would be intense.

If you follow this, decrease the expensiveness of the recipe.

Pretty good idea. One thing though.

I :red:ing hate using crystal shards to craft anything.
(20 seems a bit much seeing as how there are all of the other materials. I would change it to somewhere around 10-15)

Pretty good idea. One thing though.

I :red:ing hate using crystal shards to craft anything.
(20 seems a bit much seeing as how there are all of the other materials. I would change it to somewhere around 10-15)

20 isn't very much. Besides, this thing is supposed to be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom