Weapons & Equip Improvements to several early game tools and weapons for later game

MrD108

Official Terrarian
I recently came up with an idea to upgrade some tools from the pre-hardmode stage to better versions in the hardmode stage, here they are:

1. Axe of Regrowth upgrade with Chlorophyte Bars

2. Gravedigger's Shovel upgrade with Hallowed Bars

3. Umbrella upgrade with Spectre Bars (this improved umbrella keeps us at a constant height when held, we cannot fly up or fall down, only move left and right at a certain speed, the only exception to changing the height is when there is a block one square higher in front of us.

4. Breathing Reed upgrade with Chlorophyte Bars (a very long stick that glows slightly)

5. Lawn Mower upgrade with Luminite Bar or post-Moon Lord shimmering (can mow any type of grass)

6. Trimarang upgrade with Hellstone Bars

7. Finch Staff upgrade with Feathers

8. Flaming Mace upgrade with Ice Torches

Some of these items really do not need upgrades. The Axe of Regrowth is the best axe in the game. The Breathing Reed is completely and entirely outclassed by the Neptune's Shell and even Gills Potions. There's already a Hellstone boomerang.

Some of these items really do not need upgrades. The Axe of Regrowth is the best axe in the game. The Breathing Reed is completely and entirely outclassed by the Neptune's Shell and even Gills Potions. There's already a Hellstone boomerang.
However, Axe of Regrowth would benefit from an increased mining speed and range bonus, and also more damage + more importantly, more knockback would be a nice addition.

Just because Breathing Reed is outclassed doesn't mean it can't be funny. I would like to see a player walking underwater with a very long tube that could also attack enemies from a huge distance.

Yes, we have Hellstone Boomerang, and we craft it with Enchanted Boomerang, which is also a component of Trimarang combined with two very rare boomerangs, and yet Hellstone Boomerang is better than them, so I guess Trimarang has the right to have its own upgrade?

You’d probably need a limit to how far the breathing rod weapon can extend. I was just thinking about how cool it sounds. It could be obtained from an ocean chest which spawns in a small submerged ruined temple or something at the bottom of one of those sea caves that could be unlocked post plantera using an ocean biome key. It would make the ocean cave actually feel cooler exploring instead of only get a few water chest at the bottom of it (also the ocean caves are quite dry and don’t have any point other than making the ocean look phallic on the map).

The upgraded breeding reed could be called the “bloop flute” ( bc flutes kinda look like metal reeds). When in water it could extend up to a maximum of 75 blocks in height (bc that’s roughly how deep most terraria oceans are) depending on how far down in the water you are. When the flute is at its maximum of 75 blocks high you could be able to use it as a weapon and swing it to deal really high dmg and stunlock enemies for a brief time. But when you exit the water the flute will start shortening to its normal height again and the shorter it becomes the less dmg it deals.

Better upgrade for the finch staff idea: Wyvern Staff
Crafting recipe:
1 Finch staff
20 Feathers
15 Souls of Flight
5 Souls of Light
5 Souls of Night
10 Mythril/Orichalcum Bars
Summons a mini wyvern to decimate your foes
20 damage
Works very similarly to the Stardust Dragon Staff, as instead of summoning more wyverns, it just gets longer and STRONGER. Its essentially a weaker stardust dragon

Really im only doin this just to see how they could be theoretically upgraded if they need upgrades not saying they do

However, Axe of Regrowth would benefit from an increased mining speed and range bonus, and also more damage + more importantly, more knockback would be a nice addition.

Just because Breathing Reed is outclassed doesn't mean it can't be funny. I would like to see a player walking underwater with a very long tube that could also attack enemies from a huge distance.

Yes, we have Hellstone Boomerang, and we craft it with Enchanted Boomerang, which is also a component of Trimarang combined with two very rare boomerangs, and yet Hellstone Boomerang is better than them, so I guess Trimarang has the right to have its own upgrade?
Ima make the upgrades cause why not lol
Also I love making ideas even if sometimes my brother may add power trip concepts like he did in mrD108’s Hercules Emblem thread

Planteras Multitool
100% Hammer Power 160% Axe Power
40 dmg melee
6 knockback
4% crit chance
25 use time
13 tool speed
Bonus +3 Range
Creates grass on dirt
Increases alchemy plant collection when used to gather
Plants acorns when cutting down trees
Axe Of Regrowth + 15 Chlorophyte Bars at a Hardmode anvil

Exorcist’s Shovel
“You Shouldn’t Dig It”
25 damage
4 knockback
4% critical chance
20 use time
14 Tool Speed
Has 40% pickaxe power but isnt a pickaxe
Instantly mines any Soft Tiles
Digs In a 4x4 Tunnel when killing undead enemies with it they turn into a burst of light stunning all mobs around it helpful when mining with it
Has normal gravedigger shovel stats in ftw
Gravediggers Shovel + 12 Hallowed Bars + 10 Souls Of Light at a Hardmode Anvil

It would be cool if the upgrade umbrella with spectre bars lets you dash a phase through blocks and deal damage. Very cool ideas.
Great idea I’ll add that

Ghastly Umbrella
“Ghosts Need Fashion Too”
30 Damage
4% crit chance
22 Use time
You can hold down the left click when you release it you dash through blocks and damage enemies you pass through dealing double the weapons base damage can’t be spammed due to having to charge it and it has about a few seconds of charge before being able to dash (it’s a post plantera tool/weapon why not)

The Ethereal umbrella keeps the player at a constant height when held, you cannot fly up or fall down, only move left and right at a certain speed, the only exception to changing the height is when there is a block one square higher in front of us.
Crafted With Umbrella + 10 Spectre Bars at a hardmode anvil

Mourning Umbrella
35 damage
4% crit
22 use time
Same function as ghastly umbrella but different design
Shimmer Ghastly Umbrella
Chlorophyll Reed
“Can’t do photosynthesis”
30 Damage
4 knockback
4% crit chance
25 use time
Increases breathing time to 1 min and 46 seconds
Allows breathing in water
Crafted with Breathing reed + 10 Chlorophyte Bars at a Hardmode anvil

Olympus Mower
30 use time
“Made with Ambrosia And Adamantine”
Can deal significant damage to god like entities in terraria and cut any grass mowed grass reduces enemy spawn further than og lawn mower
Crafted with Lawn Mower + 10 Luminite Bars at a Ancient Manipulator

Frostburn Mace
18 damage
4.6 knockback
4% crit
45 use time
11 velocity
Attacks inflict frostburn when spinning or launching
Crafted with 99 ice torches + Mace at a anvil

“Fire Nation?”
45 Damage
10 knockback
21 use time
14 velocity
Throws a quad armed boomerang inflicts Frostburn and On Fire leaves behind dirt stone fire and ice and enchanted particles the arms are colored based off the tris components and flamarang
Trimarang + Flamarang + 150 Dirt + 150 Stone at a Demon Altar

Done finally

Better upgrade for the finch staff idea: Wyvern Staff
Crafting recipe:
1 Finch staff
20 Feathers
15 Souls of Flight
5 Souls of Light
5 Souls of Night
20 damage
Works very similarly to the Stardust Dragon Staff, as instead of summoning more wyverns, it just gets longer and STRONGER. Its essentially a weaker stardust dragon
Nice idea
Just reformatted it a bit

Ethan2 on forums
Wyvern Staff
20 Damage can go up to 45 when at 5-6 Minion Slots
Works very similarly to the Stardust Dragon Staff or desert tiger staff , as instead of summoning more minions, it just gets longer and STRONGER. Its essentially a weaker stardust dragon

1 Finch staff
20 Feathers
15 Souls of Flight
5 Souls of Light
5 Souls of Night
At a hardmode anvil

Last edited:
The only one of these ideas I think could work would be an umbrella upgrade, every other item is either completely outclassed or completely unecessary.

Even then though, it would be much better as a parachute accessory that lets you open it by tapping up midair and put it away by tapping down, that way you could use it to better effect with wings and have it be an actually useful accessory. Because it's literally just a featherfall potion accessory at this point.

The only one of these ideas I think could work would be an umbrella upgrade, every other item is either completely outclassed or completely unecessary.

Even then though, it would be much better as a parachute accessory that lets you open it by tapping up midair and put it away by tapping down, that way you could use it to better effect with wings and have it be an actually useful accessory. Because it's literally just a featherfall potion accessory at this point.
Check above your message I made one

Also true why not just add the hellstone boomerang to trimarang tho?

Also true why not just add the hellstone boomerang to trimarang tho?
The Trimerang is a pre-boss item. It only requires that you explore underground, mushroom, and underground ice. Adding the flamarang to the mix would bump it to post-evil boss.

Its main purpose is to be a very easy boomerang to use, and highly forgiving. Making it stronger would defeat the purpose of the thorn chakram and flamarang, who are stronger, but require more skill to use.

The Trimerang is a pre-boss item. It only requires that you explore underground, mushroom, and underground ice. Adding the flamarang to the mix would bump it to post-evil boss.

Its main purpose is to be a very easy boomerang to use, and highly forgiving. Making it stronger would defeat the purpose of the thorn chakram and flamarang, who are stronger, but require more skill to use.
What I I mean is a upgrade to it that adds the flame boomerang to it I’m not saying this upgrade needs to exist

Back
Top Bottom