Weapons & Equip Some more Spell books because we only have 9

Tanukimario

The Destroyer
Now its no secret that there are way to few Spell Tomes (a grand total of 9) in the game. Because of this i came up with 12 more spread everywhere in progression.
Sorry there are no Sprites this time.

Coral Bomb
20 Magic dmg.
Very Slow spd.
Very Strong kb.
Shoots a Coral-Infested Rock that deals Contact damage and Explodes after 5sec. dealing 150% dmg.
15 Coral + 30 Stone + 20 Palm Wood @ Bookcase

Poison Sting
10 Magic dmg.
Fast spd.
Average kb.
Shoots a poisonous stinger that inflicts poison for 3sec.
10 Stinger + 25 Rich Mahogany wood @ Bookcase

Hellflames
27 Magic dmg.
Fast spd.
Average kb.
Shoots a Flame Orb that explodes into a flaming sphere that inflicts Hellfire for 4sec. and persits for 7sec. when making contact with and enemy or block
20 Hellstone Bar + 1 Book @ Bookcase

Constalation
15 Magic dmg.
Average spd.
Very weak kb.
Shoots up to 5 Stars that follow the coursor until the player lets go of LMB. The Stars will then the Hover there for 3.5 minutes before despawning. If more than 1 Star is present the Stars will conect to the
one that was spawned last (1 conects to 2, 2 conects to 3, ..., 5 conects to 1) by spawning blue, damaging rays.
10 Meteorite Bars + 5 Stars + 1 Book @ Bookcase

Aerial Gleam
55 Magic dmg.
Slow spd.
Weak kb.
Summons a slow-moving Gleam that slowly expands for 1.5 minutes before fading away. The Gleam gains +2% dmg. per 5 seconds (+60% max)
10 Souls of Sight + 20 Cloud + 1 Spell tome @ Bookcase

Book of Thorns
47 Magic dmg.
Slow spd.
Strong kb. (pin)
Spawns a slowly expanding vine that "homes" in on enemys. (works like a Vilethorn)
30 Stinger + 15 Chlorophite Bar + 1 Spell Tome @ Bookcase

Aurora Borealis
62 Magic dmg.
Slow spd.
Average kb.
Summons a buffed Gleam that slowly moves towards enemys and shoots magnet beams that deal 80% dmg.
1 Aerial Gleam + 1 Magnet Sphere @ Bookcase

Phantom Whrath
69 Magic dmg.
Slow kb.
No kb.
Spawns a Phantom spirit that homes onto enemys and haunts them for 15sec. / until they die.
2% drop from Dungeon Spirits

Venom Shot
45 Magic dmg.
Fast spd.
Weak kb.
Shoots a Acid Orb that inflicts Acid venom for 4 sec.
1 Poison Sting + 20 Vial of Venom + 10 Chlorophite Bar @ Bookcase

Script of the Confused
50 Magic dmg.
Insanly fast spd.
Very weak kb.
Shoots a rapid stream of Nanites that have a 5% chance to inflict cofused.
150 Nanites + 1 Spell Tome @ Bookcase

Cultists Spell
98/57/73/66 dmg. (Multiclass)
Fast spd.
Strong/Weak kb.
Shoots a Voley of 4 Homing Fireballs/Shoots 3 Lightning bolts/Summons 5 Ancient Dooms which turn into 4 Prophecys End around you/Shoots 2 Voleys of 5 Ancient Lights
Press RMB to switch to the Next Mode.
18 of any Celestial Fragment + 1 Spell Tome @ Ancient Manipulator

First Remnant
190 Magic dmg.
Slow spd.
Strong kb.
Shoots the First Fractal Projectile at the Coursor (this is the First Fractal colored differently)
1 Terrablade + 10 Luminite Bar + 1 Spell Tome @ Ancient Manipulator

The designation of "spell tome" is meaningless. They don't function differently from any other magic weapon. I'm not saying that these are bad ideas, but the premise is strange to me. It's not as though there's a "spell tome" subclass.
That is true although they, at least to me, feel different in some way (cant put my finger on it). I personaly consider Spell Tomes only a Subclass and mainly came up with these to make Spell Tomes only runes more bearable and exiting instead of using all the same weapons because there are next to no options.

It's not as though there's a "spell tome" subclass.
There have been people who have played "spellbook only" challenges. It's definitely quite tough, considering there are hardly any in PHM. The HM options are quite spread out too, and the challenge basically ends at Fishron since there aren't any other spellbooks worth using after Razorblade Typhoon (other than Lunar Flare, but then the challenge is literally over).

That aside, this idea is quite cool! Hoping for a bit more variety in the attacks, but I think this is an interesting concept.

Back
Top Bottom