PC Terraria takes excessive time to open with no internet connection.

Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi there! :)
I'm sure that I've seen posts similar to this somewhere, but I can't play terraria properly because it takes an extremely long time to launch. Steam launches the game nearly instantly, as I can see it running as a background app in task manager, but the game takes a unfunny amount of time to load afterwards. This becomes a large problem considering that Terraria also crashes when its output audio device is disconnected.
This was only an issue after a minor 1.4.4 update, and it's infuriating to try and play with.
Some people might argue that it's in place to check for internet connection before launching, but there's no point, it's more effective to check through steam or refresh manually by rebooting the game.
Some others might say that it's getting fixed in 1.4.5, but it'd be nice to have it as a small patch update.

Thanks team! <3

As extra points, my laptop has the following specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS
RAM Storage: 16 GB
GPU 1: AMD 780M
GPU 2: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060
Wi-Fi Card: MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card

This issue will persist if steam is in online OR offline mode, as long as there is no/no valid internet connection.
As soon as internet is connected, Terraria will launch nearly instantly, regardless of what steam says.

Another issue I'll bring up is terraria not launching unless my GPU is on..?
For some reason launching terraria with only my AMD unit will result with an error, but it's not anything major to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom