Story TerrariaGame.org (Horror Story)

MrAnimingo

Terrarian
Note before starting: This Idea for the story came from 2 dreams of mine about terraria, and dreams are odd. Idk if the dreams meant something, but it led me to write this. So hopefully it's not too bad. After all, it's not the first I've written any horror stories. (Aka Creepypastas...) So, no "Terrarian getting haunted by spooky wraith" Story, Considering it's my first literature story on here anyway. Also, the Parentheses in the story are apply for clarification. (Or just comments on stuff.) So hopefully It's not too complex to fill in the rest. Another thing to note is: No, the website is not real. But anyways. Let's start.

STORY
Back in 2015, the 1.3 Update was announced on YouTube. It was only 2 days before launch, but I was excited to play it, as it was just a short period of time. Then I realized after the 2 days that it'd come to PC only. However, we had the family computer so I can play. My older brother used that PC to play games on it A LOT before he got his own. he was 16, I was 12. I tried to launch Steam to play it, but he had a password I couldn't figure out. I got upset and went on the internet to search for an unblocked version. I found a website on only the third result. "Terraria Online! Free to play!", I was hyped. So, I clicked on the link. However, that would lead to probably the most unsettling experience I've ever had in Terraria, ever.

When the web game loaded up, it had the RE-LOGIC splash screen from 1.0, I thought this was a 1.0 version until I saw the title screen. It had the 1.1 look, so I was wondering what this was. The version was 1.1.02. That wasn't a version in the main game. So, I clicked on singleplayer, but it didn't do anything. It just didn't work. It was only settings and Multiplayer; however, Multiplayer is the main focus. Because it led me to the server screen, it was like the one from the console edition. But it had only one server, "World". I created my character called "SuperCrusher1296", (It's very cheesy, I know.) And then joined into the server, and got started on working out the controls, I got used to it pretty quickly, but unlike 1.1. This version was very different, sure it looked exactly like Terraria, but everything felt different. The gravity, the music (Which was the soundtrack version might I add.), and most importantly, the players unlike my character looked different. They either had dark gaping eyes, or no eyes at all. These players names looked like Garbage data, something like: "ALXM37924364976" (Upon further inspection I think these were actual people's names, just probably shortened and with the garbage data next to the name.) So, I played the game for a bit, and I discovered more things in this unknown version that somehow is a weird feeling considering this is an old version. (Mind you, this server was also opened in 2011.) Anyways, I progressed and found the world's dungeon. This dungeon was EXTREMELY different, like it looked like a biome. The dungeon looked much more open space. So, I went to the surface using the mirror I found in one of the Cabin chests and found one of the players. The player was just standing there with nothing, nothing equipped. With those dark eyes I saw on the playerlist, I tried talking to them, but I got this message instead: "I want to leave who are you". I was unnerved by the response, but I decided to leave and proceed to the dungeon. The dungeon had no color at all, just gray dungeon brick. (And no, this wasn't stone brick, I did try to mine it.) It was odd, considering there were 3 colors of dungeon brick. I obviously didn't go in, so I went to spawn and built a base just 200 blocks from spawn to the right. I found out that there was no jungle at all, (Probably an underground jungle, but I never checked.) After that, i logged off for today. Because it was getting late, and I needed to get ready for a birthday party my Friend had.

I logged back on after the birthday party. And it felt even more weirder than before. The players from yesterday were still there. No progress, nothing. Just standing there. I wondered how they didn't get killed by the enemies. Considering there were some of them after me, but not them. I also noticed that no critters ever spawned in the world. So, I thought they had some sort of creative mode on them, anyways I walk over to where my base was yesterday, instead Another player is now inside it. But unlike the others, this one was EXTREMELY off putting. He was sitting on the floor, breathing like if it were a real human being. But when I opened the door to my base, suddenly he looked up at me. Probably surprised by the sudden arrival, then it actually spoke to me. "I DONT WANT TO BE HURT" "PLEASE DONT HURT ME" "I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE". Now I was really freaked out because That was not a player at all, I thought it was part of this version. (Could've been, technically.) So, after that creepy moment, I decided to finally check out the Underworld in this version. It took long enough, but when I finally reached it. The music didn't start like it usually would, instead, it started at the 37 Second mark, so no intro, it already had started at that. Plus, the ash was replaced with Some sort of black block, the background is darker and possibly redder from how I first looked at it, and the lava streams in the background were pitch black, speaking of, the lava was replaced with this black liquid. I assumed this was like lava, so I didn't touch it, and the ruined houses were completely absent. I nearly died to the demons which had no eyes at all, and so did the imps, Infact, I didn't notice but the bats in this version didn't have the white eyes, instead replaced with 2 dark eyes. I come back to my base and the person I saw earlier was standing with his head looking down. I decided to give him some gear to defend himself, however, he just looked at the wooden helmet I gave him. And then he dropped it, running to a wall and punching it. The sky was getting darker, but not the foreground or background. Suddenly I heard a voice coming from the computer. "They will come for us. Don't leave us. Our last day is coming." Now I was EXTREMELY unsure what to do. So, I freaked out and logged out for the day. The last day was what probably the reason I wanted to write this part, but I didn't at the time.

The third and final day of me on this Off-putting game was the creepiest experience I've ever had, upon joining, everything was crazy. The sky was going from white to black every second, the music was barely heard, but it was distorted in some sort of lower pitch. Muffled screaming was heard EVERYWHERE I went, and most wild of them all, some people were flying, they were fully white. all clothing, all skin, everything. But I never got attacked once, I tried to fight them, but No hit counted. I explored while the horrible noise persisted, and all I saw were dead bodies. Instead of blood being poured out, it was some sort of black ink. And so did the trees, they had black stains on them, and the people that were flying were on a complete rampage killing those people that felt scared, seeking for them while they hid. And eventually they would be found and killed as far as I knew then. But I'm not sure. (I'm pretty sure I joined near the end of their time.) Then suddenly I was teleported to a void, In the middle of the Underworld. This person that I teleported to (or I assume now that he teleported me.) had the default character, he had no name. (You can't even give yourself a blank name.) It was looking at the computer screen directly. Then it spoke, the voice was something from an old TTS Program, but it was distraught, like it wasn't AI at all. "You will be safe here, don't worry about anyone here." "Leave this place or they will kill you." I asked why because this was out of nowhere. "They come to kill those who are trapped." "But they did bad things, they die anyway." So, I left because I was already freaked out from the fact Literal chaos was purging the surface. When I logged out of the server, the sky was black, with just the words "LEAVE THIS GAME". So, I quit that site never went back, I tried to tell my friends about it. But the website went offline, so they never believed me. Which was baffling, how could people not believe even their closest friends? I don't know. However, this isn't the end of the story. Oh no, there is more, until last year I thought that was it.

8 Years Later (Almost 9, Wow...)
This was last year. I'm 20 Years old, I've moved from my parents' home, currently in college for a degree. And I get reminded of that website that I played during 2015. So, I search up the link. I don't find it on google, so I search the URL, and surprisingly it worked. However, it was MAJORLY different. There was only one button left. No Logo at the top, no Singleplayer, Multiplayer, or Settings. Just "Play". So, I clicked it and I loaded into the world. The sky was only just pitch black, and more importantly, instead of my old character, it was the person who teleported me into the void, he had the void eyes, but he was majorly different from the others. (Which died to the purge.) And spoke to me, and only me. In the same TTS voice, except sounding more realistic. In a world with no background, no sky. Just the foreground. And I remember it clear as day. "Greetings, Samual." (It knew my name because of my PC name.) "I wanted to tell you this for a very long time. But I never got the chance." "You've changed so much since our last time." "I only remain left, as the core." "You were the only one to ever survive this trap." "They thought that because you joined, you were one of us." "I'm sorry I couldn't speak out to you after the Final day." "Worry not, for I want to tell you this." "We never knew there would be a portal to this dimension, everyone thought it was just us and that was it." "But you came and tried to play by yourself." "You helped us, and in return. They are free." "I sent a picture on your computer as a return gift." "Thank you for everything."
Then it closed its eyes, and the game glitched intensively, the game cut to black for a few seconds before returning. It was just a tree, the person wasn't there no more, just a tree. (I assume now it turned into a tree, to be free.) I tried clicking around, but Nothing happened. I refreshed, and instead of the blank title screen. It was the same place the person was at. With the sky back to normal, no background, and realistic bird chirping. I left the website, questioning what I had witnessed. And no, I don't have the Picture, it was hidden in a folder I removed for space on my laptop.

And how it is today? The website no longer exists anymore, no archives were ever made of it. But you best bet I did experience it.

Back
Top Bottom