NPCs & Enemies "Upgraded" versions of enemies should replace their weaker counterparts in the spawn table.

Ethacon

Queen Bee
When I'm down in the Underworld looking for Red Devils, I don't want to see normal demons. Post-Mech Bosses, I should only want to see Red Devils. This should probably be for enemies that are clear upgrades, not just functional/spiritual successors. Additionally, upgraded enemies should drop everything their weaker counterpart drops at the same or higher chance (I.E, Red Devils being able to drop Demon Scythe), as to avoid locking content, even if it would be kind of useless at that point. I don't know, it kinda just makes sense. Agree? Thanks for reading.

No support. This used to be the case for worms and spiders (among a few others, I think), but the problem is that if someone didn't get the weaker enemy's banner in pre-hardmode, they'd be locked out of getting the banner or other exclusive-to-weaker-enemy loot in that world without using statues (if the enemy had a statue in the first place).

this used to be the case and was changed because enemies used to become unavailable after a certain point, which prevented them from being registered in the bestiary and made it impossible to complete, which was problematic due to some items being locked behind it.

this used to be the case and was changed because enemies used to become unavailable after a certain point, which prevented them from being registered in the bestiary and made it impossible to complete, which was problematic due to some items being locked behind it.
No support. This used to be the case for worms and spiders (among a few others, I think), but the problem is that if someone didn't get the weaker enemy's banner in pre-hardmode, they'd be locked out of getting the banner or other exclusive-to-weaker-enemy loot in that world without using statues (if the enemy had a statue in the first place).
There are probably simple solutions for this. Allow the banners of the upgraded enemies to transmute into the weaker counterparts and allow the upgraded enemies to fill the bestiary entries for them.

There are probably simple solutions for this. Allow the banners of the upgraded enemies to transmute into the weaker counterparts and allow the upgraded enemies to fill the bestiary entries for them.
still... i don't think people who just beat the mech bosses want to fight an army of Red Devils when they're trying to refight the WoF for loot.

Another issue is guide voodoo dolls, which only drop from voodoo demons. If you made red devils drop voodoo dolls it could result in more unwanted wall of flesh fights, among other things.

Back
Top Bottom