Re-Logic Statement Regarding Unity & the Future

Goddamn legends. The whole situation is scummy and I'm proud at how you guys are handling this.

If memory serves, the current CEO of Unity once worked as high-level EA and at one point floated the idea of charging FPS players real money for an instant reload, suggesting that's the sort of behavior devs should be doing to get money, calling them idiots otherwise.

If it smells like poop everywhere you go, check the bottom of your shoes.

Unity is making game devs pay them money for every copy of a game sold, and everyone (including me) is super mad about it.
It's worse than per sale. It's per install, so if someone installs something on their phone and computer, the devs have to pay twice even though the game was only sold once.

It's worse than per sale. It's per install, so if someone installs something on their phone and computer, the devs have to pay twice even though the game was only sold once.
What about the piracy or people spam installing games to bankrott one game studio after another? If just 100 people un and reinstall a game 100 times a day (via a machine to automate it) then that would be 10000 downloads a day and 3,650,000 downloads in a year
Or if your game or even whole OS broke down so that you have to reinstall the game?

What about the piracy or people spam installing games to bankrott one game studio after another? If just 100 people un and reinstall a game 100 times a day (via a machine to automate it) then that would be 10000 downloads a day and 3,650,000 downloads in a year
Or if your game or even whole OS broke down so that you have to reinstall the game?
I'm not sure if they didn't think about that of if they didn't care, but the fact that the CEO is shameless greedy enough to do the per download charge and not backtrack as soon as everyone united against them tells me they'd just be glad about more money.

Got to feel bad for the many Unity employees that are against this. Who needs the backlash you get for just working there when you already work for an embodiment of one of the seven deadly sins?

Do you still use FNA or migrated to a Godot/fna hybrid? Indeed there are other engines out there but they are all tools, I imagine it's not the engine you use but how efficiently you use it to develop.
The "main" version doesn't use either FNA or Godot (and would never switch to Godot, why would it), it uses XNA. Which is a very slim engine made by Microsoft, FNA is only a rewrite that is linux compatible which is used in the mac and linux versions of Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom