Re-Logic Statement Regarding Unity & the Future

Donating nearly a third of a million dollars (and it will be over a third of a million with the monthly donations) to help develop game engines that won't screw over game devs made me realize something. Terraria isn't an amazing game because it's made by people that love Terraria. Terraria is amazing because it's made by people that love games!

Jesus Christ, I come back froma short hiatus due to my mood and sleep being up and down and throwing me out of balance to find Unity of all people have succumbed to corporated greed and are going to be introducing fees, I'm sorry mods, admins but what the :red: is wrong with people, is nothing scared these days now, is nobody able to resist corproate greed, what next?¬

View attachment 427931

View attachment 428399

Re-Logic is very interested and supportive of this new direction for Monogame - an open source project with so much potential. After our announcement earlier this week, we had many people asking us whether or not we would also choose to support Monogame. Barring anything unforeseen, it is our intention to support Monogame with the same level of donation that we provided to Godot and FNA earlier this week. By necessity, this donation will need to wait until all of the foundational setup steps they outlined in today's announcement. We hope this will give the next era of this project a nice running start, and we look forward to seeing how it will evolve in the time to come.
for those who are unaware unity is making you pay money if your game gets over I think 10,000 downloads. You now have to pay 40 cents for every download after 10,000 downloads

for those who are unaware unity is making you pay money if your game gets over I think 10,000 downloads. You now have to pay 40 cents for every download after 10,000 downloads
Geez, thats really gonna add up if you get tons of downloads. 40 cents might not seem like much but it adds up.

I think theyre making some changes now, I googled it and I think theyve realzied they just royally :red:ed themselves, though that the damage is already done, and it will take a long time to repair the reputation if they ever manage to.

Back
Top Bottom