Official Terrarian Community Feedback Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only time I check the forums is to find out if ps3 is getting an update. I'm old so I don't have time to mess around in here so I was wondering if maybe 1-maybe every 3 weeks you could give us a heads up on update information (I know it takes a lot of hard work and time and understand fully but just say "we're half way there and might be pushed back" would be great) 2 can you (if you don't already) post that information to the front page so I don't have to dig around looking for update info. Thanks and keep killing it. This game is ridiculous.
Leinfors is right. Your best bet is to go to the 505 Console news section and watch that forum. This option is up in the top right corner of the box containing the threads list. You can even set it to email you whenever a new thread is posted (these will be sent to the email you registered with). Almost all major updates get their own threads, though sometimes they're posted in a pre-existing one.

To what? And why is said font better than the current one?
Maybe Andy Bold would be the best font to use, for obvious reasons, what with it being the official Terraria font and all.
It should at least be added to the font list...

Question: since the TCF rules don't actually touch upon this in depth, what is the general stance of Re-Logic and TCF against decompiling Terraria? I know (or strongly assume, if you will) that it's not technically legal, and I know and fully understand that posting source code is an obvious no-go area, but considering how instrumental it is to modding, I do have a few questions to which clear answers elude me, and I'm not planning to get them answered through trial and error.
  • Are we allowed to discuss decompiling Terraria at all?
  • Are we allowed to advocate decompiling Terraria for the sake of using it as reference for modding?
  • Are we allowed to admit to having decompiled Terraria?
  • Are we allowed to publicly confirm certain in-game mechanics through analysis of the source code?
    • If so, are we allowed to prove it through directly copying (nothing but) the relevant code?
  • Similarly, is there a complete restriction on posting source code, or are snippets allowed? If so, where is the approximate line?
And this one is specifically for Re-Logic (maybe @Safeman can help with this):
  • Is decompiling Terraria for personal use only (e.g using it for reference for mods, without distributing any of the source code) illegal but do you simply not take any action, or is it actually permitted by you in some way or form?
I understand that this is a very sensitive subject from a legal point of view, and not something that has clear, black and white answers and guidelines. Nevertheless, I really, really do not want to get into the :red: on this one. Not that I personally feel I'm anywhere near crossing the line, but I prefer not to be proven the opposite after the fact.

Question: since the TCF rules don't actually touch upon this in depth, what is the general stance of Re-Logic and TCF against decompiling Terraria? I know (or strongly assume, if you will) that it's not technically legal, and I know and fully understand that posting source code is an obvious no-go area, but considering how instrumental it is to modding, I do have a few questions to which clear answers elude me, and I'm not planning to get them answered through trial and error.
  • Are we allowed to advocate decompiling Terraria for the sake of using it as reference for modding?
  • Are we allowed to publicly confirm certain in-game mechanics through analysis of the source code?
    • If so, are we allowed to prove it through directly copying (nothing but) the relevant code?
  • Similarly, is there a complete restriction on posting source code, or are snippets allowed? If so, where is the approximate line?
  • Is decompiling Terraria for personal use only (e.g using it for reference for mods, without distributing any of the source code) illegal but do you simply not take any action, or is it actually permitted by you in some way or form?
I understand that this is a very sensitive subject from a legal point of view, and not something that has clear, black and white answers and guidelines. Nevertheless, I really, really do not want to get into the :red: on this one. Not that I personally feel I'm anywhere near crossing the line, but I prefer not to be proven the opposite after the fact.
This seems like something @D-Town would know about, so I'm going to tag him into this for you.

I for one have no idea about any of this, so you're probably going to need a Re-Logic answer.

I started to give an unofficial response, then thought better of it.

I think a better and more complete answer would come from @Yoraiz0r or @Arkhalis on this - both former Terraria modders and current Re-Logic personnel.

We will discuss this internally then get back to you. :)

We have the plugins to remove most likes and most posts leaderboards at will (assuming they still function). I asked long ago if people wanted this but received no answer. :)

I was not aware there was a discussion about whether to remove the Leaderboards or not until now. (Considering I was very new to the Forums while that discussion was taking place) I think one of the suggestions from what I read in the link Ppowersteef posted, was to make a dedicated thread for it with a poll in this Forum section so more TCF users could weigh in their input about the Leaderboards with more details as well who don't know about this discussion. Since creating a thread for it will bring it more visibility.

Then we simply weren't notified that it was until now. I'm sure you can see how that can cause controversy. So the only question left is when are you going to remove the leaderboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom