PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is something needed to be added: Clicking on items on your hotbar to select them. My fingers are too short to reach keys 5-0 without taking my hand off my mouse or the WASD keys. That's why you should be able to turn on a setting in the Settings that will allow you to click on your hotbar to select items. I think it was in 1.2, but was removed in 1.3. Please re-add it!

"You can now quickly move items between your chest and the inventory by using leftshift."

Literally the best change to date. I've been wanting this since I first started playing.

Here is something needed to be added: Clicking on items on your hotbar to select them. My fingers are too short to reach keys 5-0 without taking my hand off my mouse or the WASD keys. That's why you should be able to turn on a setting in the Settings that will allow you to click on your hotbar to select items. I think it was in 1.2, but was removed in 1.3. Please re-add it!
You can still do this; At least, I can. Did you turn something off accidently?

Mines a... bit awkward but repeatable. It shows there's something "off" somewhere in the code dealing with fall damage/collision detection.

So... to get this, I mined myself a hellavator.
Went back up, dropped down the hellavator with smart cursor turned on dropping wooden platforms below me and holding down (I'd had a freefall accident without water to save me, figured would clean up the platforms later to have it function normally again).
I later headed down with smart cursor on (to clean up the platforms) and was mining below me as I went down, it missed a couple of platforms which was odd but... no worries.
Falling down it again, it was 50/50 whether a certain platform it missed would make contact and cause a death or allow me to pass through it without issue.

It was a wooden platform that ended up looking like steps going up and left against the right wall of the hellavtor.

Had a few cases where another certain jump would either cause me zero, 5, 28 or instant death damage. Same jump, same height. I'll try and get something exact and replicable.

Fixed Gypsy Robe bottoms being genderbent.
RIP pant wearing Tovitaan. You will be missed as it actually looked pretty good.
FWtKOxG.png

Note: Understand the necessity of fixing this glitch for male characters but the pants of the male variant of the robes looked alright on female characters.

If there's another mini-patch coming, I'd like to suggest the option to rename my worlds. At that point I don't know if it was just an oversight or if there's some (design or technical) reason not to include this option.

While it's not a perfect option, the terria world editing software lets you do this. Just open the world, the panel on the right has info/name etc and can be edited.

Finally, the Left Shift has a better use!

Now, it would be neat if the game had a quick toolbar switch. I mean, since the Inventory and toolbar have the same row length, why not adding the ability to switch each row with hotkeys so that we don't have to pause at any time to use certain blocks? It would make the downtime in fights less problematic and would let the ESC key be used more for sorting things around to make better use of the suggested feature (besides the regular use of it for crafting and arranging your equipment slots). Ideally, this would speed up Exploration and optimizing for fights!

I'm still having the terraria+steam crash issue, where the game vanishes and them the Steam client bootstrapper crashes. It happens at random while playing, sometimes while backing up the world when saving and exiting, and some times when selecting a character.

Uhhh won't let me log on to our server now, as it is saying server is outdated. If the server host updates to 1.3.0.3 from 1.3.0.2, will the map be destroyed at all?

I'm still having the terraria+steam crash issue, where the game vanishes and them the Steam client bootstrapper crashes. It happens at random while playing, sometimes while backing up the world when saving and exiting, and some times when selecting a character.
Also would be cool if we could resize the interface while on high resolutions. Eye sight problems can make it annoying to play in 1920x, given the small text in the inventory.

I congratulate the team about the hard work paying attention to people feedback and making hotfixes for the game, but even after the 1.3.0.3 update my Multiplayer still 1 FPS. My game already have all settings on minimum (Multicore off and Frame Skip on) and my Single Player runs perfectly smooth, but any server that I join the game still 1 to 2 FPS, even after waiting some minutes the FPS won't increase.

Quick i need help. Since i updated, i can't play Multiplayer anymore because i keep getting stuck at the "Receiving tile data" screen. But i can still load up my worlds in Singleplayer :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom