Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

How to create light when swinging a sword (like the excalibur), what I tried to do was using MeleeEffects method to creat light with Lightning.AddLight, it works, but when the sword stop swinging the light decade without a smooth transition, how can I make the light decay softly?

How to create light when swinging a sword (like the excalibur), what I tried to do was using MeleeEffects method to creat light with Lightning.AddLight, it works, but when the sword stop swinging the light decade without a smooth transition, how can I make the light decay softly?
Thing is: I think it's the dusts the Excalibur sword creates that produce the light; not the sword effects themselves.
So my advice: Create a ModDust, spawn it in the MeleeEffects method and make that Dust produce the light you want.

Thing is: I think it's the dusts the Excalibur sword creates that produce the light; not the sword effects themselves.
So my advice: Create a ModDust, spawn it in the MeleeEffects method and make that Dust produce the light you want.
Ok thanks

Anyone got a list for the tileIDs and itemIDs acceptable for coding. That or could you tell me what I type in for any iron bars?
Look here.
That's a link for the tModLoader wiki. In the right tab you can find both 'Vanilla TileIDs' and 'Vanilla ItemIDs'.
If you want to add any Iron bar (or tier 2 ore) to your recipe, you will want to look into RecipeGroups.

how can i make dust trail after a projectile and be opaque. like the terrablade

Last edited:
The Mod Browser is not working for me. I'm on Mac.
Mod Browser has always been an issue, it's fun, but at the same time much of a hassle to keep up. I highly recommend installing mods manually, and if there are no seperate downloads available, ask the mod author(s) for one.

Back
Top Bottom