Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Trying to install tModLoader for the first time, but I'm getting some problems.

First up, the .jar executable tell me that it "Could not find place to install to!". So I do the next step from the README file and manually extracted the entire .zip into my terraria folder. (Mine is located on my D: drive)

But when I copied all the files, it asked me if I wanted to rewrite the terraria.exe with the one from the .zip file. I clicked Yes, but it then gives me an error code that says:

C:\Users\BUSH\Desktop\tModLoader.Windows.v0.8.3.5.zip: Cannot create D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
! Access is denied.

Anyone got any ideas? If it's just that tModLoader hasn't been updated yet, I'll wait, but if it's something else I'll take any advice.
(might just be that I'm stupid)
First, redownload tmodloader, then paste it into the folder that has the terraria.exe (you might want to back it up), note: it is not currently working bcause its being updated to latest version, but when tmodloader update comes out, just repeat this! hope this helps

I'm not sure what you meant @CATMAN , not sure what is supposed to not work because it does work : the only thing is that tmodloader is running on version 1.3.3 of terraria, while vanilla terraria is 1.3.4.x
so without further ado ...
@silversonic82
the jar error I got too and I got everything working.
the reason for your access denied is the application that is used to unzip doesn't have write rights to the destination location and apparently doesn't request the temporary admin rights like it should.
so what you actually need to do is :
1 - go into your zip file & unzip it in a temporary place (documents, desktop, whereever...)
2 - you should now have a regular folder (NOT a zip file, those are not folders even if windows may seamlessly make them appear like it) with all the tmodloader stuff in it
3 - rename terraria.exe from that tmodloader stuff into : tmodloader.exe
3 - copy paste all that stuff into your terraria directory
5 - finished : now use tmodloader.exe to access terraria 1.3.3 with tmodloader enabled,
6 - optionally create a shortcut to your desktop for it
7 - use your vanilla terraria as usual

notes: if anyone wants, which executable you want to rename is interchangeable. e.g. you can instead have : "terraria.exe" & "terraria.original.exe" (for example)

pls update it wtf

It will be updated when it is updated. Being rude doesn't help anyone, is against the rules, and could earn you points and a ban from this thread if it continues.

I'm gonna punch somebody

This response was completely unnecessary. Treat every member with respect and if you think someone is misbehaving, then use the report button, ignore the post, and let us handle it.

It will be updated when it is updated. Being rude doesn't help anyone, is against the rules, and could earn you points and a ban from this thread if it continues.

This response was completely unnecessary. Treat every member with respect and if you think someone is misbehaving, then use the report button, ignore the post, and let us handle it.
Soz.
While I'm waiting, time to do a little dance! :rslime::rslime::rslime::joy::joy::rslime::rslime::rslime::hoppinjack::hoppinjack::hoppinjack::brain::brain::brain:
YES:joy::bluslime::gslime::pslime::pinky::yslime::bslime::cslime::islime::lslime::sslime::hoppinjack::rslime::kingslime::kingslime::kingslime::kingslime::kingslime::kingslime::kingslime::pumpking::pumpking::nymph::zombie::golem::brain::kingslime::redspin::redspin::redspin::redmunch::redmunch::red2:`:D:nursewink::merchantgrin::dryadhappy::indifferent::kingslime::brain::golem::lslime::islime::bslime::pslime::gslime::joy:

Good news is that I don't have too many errors on the tModLoader so it's not possible that I gonna made a mod.
Edit: Also please stop asking where's the update of the tModLoader, you had to wait until it released if not then idk what you guys are doing when you waiting.

I've been working on some mods, any suggestions? I have made THIS work of art however.
:redmunch:
WARNING WARNING WARNING
Terraria: sistemic anomaly detected object is too absurdly to be considered as an item.
CRASH terrariaexe. as stopped working currrent object (name of object) is too stupid to be considered as an item
only option: close program an delete object that causes anomaly to make terraria work properly

this is comment is for fun no to be taken seriously. oh and LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Back
Top Bottom