3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of this version you need to move the honey to lava to get crispy honey blocks. And bottled honey won't work to make crispy honey blocks :p
Edit- something to add as a visual glich, honey on the world map looks like water.

Last edited:
More than one world can make ur game laggy lol but now im fine cuz i deleted my other world :) this game always makes me sleep past 12am -_- i hate it and i love it at the same time. And this is my first terraria game :D terraria 3ds :)

More than one world can make ur game laggy lol but now im fine cuz i deleted my other world :) this game always makes me sleep past 12am -_- i hate it and i love it at the same time. And this is my first terraria game :D terraria 3ds :)
Odd, I have 3 worlds, no lag, unless killing the destroyer.

I'm not sure how to check if anyone mentioned this, but I've ran into a problem after loading up my world. I've been playing for around 12 hours, and this never occurred before. The world became a slideshow. Every movement seems to run at 5 fps, and this problem occurs EVERYWHERE, except for the area around my house. The housing area is about the size of the upper screen of the O3DS. Creating a new world with the same character doesn't result in any lag whatsoever, and if it helps, I have the merchant and the guide moved in. It happens to be raining outside, but rain never caused an issue before. Moving outside of the housing area would result in the world to seemingly load (as in the ground/minerals in the ground, can be seen for a brief second then fade to shadows), even though I've already been to the area several times.

I'm not sure how to check if anyone mentioned this, but I've ran into a problem after loading up my world. I've been playing for around 12 hours, and this never occurred before. The world became a slideshow. Every movement seems to run at 5 fps, and this problem occurs EVERYWHERE, except for the area around my house. The housing area is about the size of the upper screen of the O3DS. Creating a new world with the same character doesn't result in any lag whatsoever, and if it helps, I have the merchant and the guide moved in. It happens to be raining outside, but rain never caused an issue before. Moving outside of the housing area would result in the world to seemingly load (as in the ground/minerals in the ground, can be seen for a brief second then fade to shadows), even though I've already been to the area several times.
never experianced this, do you mean N3ds?

No I have an Old 3DS.
useally people just say 3ds, or 3dsxl, or the 2ds, i think something in the world is useing so much ram(or fps) and thats why its happening. while i never experianced it because i have a N3ds which has twice the ram and fps.

The moment I step out of the area around the house is when the lag kicks in. Like there's a line dividing the playable section and the lagging section.

I have had a goblin invasion pre-hard mode. Also I'm not getting any other drops from presents except candy cane blocks - you'd think I'd have something else before gaining a stack of 999 candy cane blocks, so I'm pretty sure it's not extreme bad luck.
Goblin invasions are supposed to occur pre-hardmode.

The same happend to me. I summend EOW 2 times, the first time he disappeared after a few seconds ,the second time i managed to lure him out of the corruption to the surface and fought him for about a minute or two but he disappeared again. Good to know that this is a bug i thought you have to fight him underground in the corruption or else he despawns.
If you go to high above the corruption he'll despawn because you won't register as being in the corruption anymore.

Could u guys remove the character glowing feature? :) Please add the favorite item feature and the sunflower buffs and banner buffs :D
The stuff you're asking to be added was added in 1.3 for PC.

Minecarts appear automatically when you press 'A' while standing next to a minecart track that you have crafted and placed. Minecarts are not crafted in the 3DS version.
This is how minecarts work in all versions. PC you can find and craft custom skins for your minecarts but that was only added in 1.3.

For the most part, I haven't had too many issues that detract from gameplay, but there are two specific ones I'd like to see dealt with:
  1. Wraiths spawning inside the NPC house (in hardmode)
  2. The 'X' button being used for both trashing items and taking them out of chests. If 'X' was used to move an inventory item into/out of a chest, and 'Y' was used to trash items. Honestly, using the touchscreen for stacks is fine.
Are you sure they're spawning inside? Wraiths can pass through blocks, so if your house is on the ground they'll spawn outside of it and then just float right in.

Crispy honey blocks! Apparently, I can't craft them. Is there another easier way make them -- like pouring a jar of honey into a lava pit or something? I found one bee hive and its pretty far from any lava.
Get some buckets, you can make them from 3 iron bars. Fill them with Honey then go pour it out on the lava, or the other way around.

Well I got Terraria 3DS for Christmas and I've been playing it a ton, just beat Skeletron, so let me discuss the bugs I have found.
1. Goblin invasion was acting weird: The goblin invasion (happened during the day, if that's important) kept starting and stopping with enemies not spawning too much. Made it quite annoying to do the invasion. It seemed I had to move left to get it going and if I didn't it wouldn't even go.
That's the only bug I can remember I've encountered so far, I've probably encountered more but I don't remember them at this exact moment. I'll update this post or just comment again on any more I find.

EDIT: Just remembered, I have the glowing mushroom hardmode enemy bug too, same enemies the OP mentioned. I also got a crash once right after I beat eye of cthulhu, not sure why but it was a while ago so I don't really remember :p

EDIT 2: Also, bosses don't seem to make any noises besides their spawner making a small noise. I like hearing the eye of cthulhu go RAWRRRRR or whatever it is :p

Last edited:
Well I got Terraria 3DS for Christmas and I've been playing it a ton, just beat Skeletron, so let me discuss the bugs I have found.
1. Goblin invasion was acting weird: The goblin invasion (happened during the day, if that's important) kept starting and stopping with enemies not spawning too much. Made it quite annoying to do the invasion. It seemed I had to move left to get it going and if I didn't it wouldn't even go.
That's the only bug I can remember I've encountered so far, I've probably encountered more but I don't remember them at this exact moment. I'll update this post or just comment again on any more I find.

EDIT: Just remembered, I have the glowing mushroom hardmode enemy bug too, same enemies the OP mentioned. I also got a crash once right after I beat eye of cthulhu, not sure why but it was a while ago so I don't really remember :p

EDIT 2: Also, bosses don't seem to make any noises besides their spawner making a small noise. I like hearing the eye of cthulhu go RAWRRRRR or whatever it is :p
only happens with the goblin and pirate, becomes normal when it's night, frost legion is okay, also when you get hit by a choas ball shows the Gore of a goblin and counts as a invasion kill.

Okay I usually don't go out of my way to get on the forums and complain about a bug that needs to be fixed, but this issue has truley RUINED the game for me. I have now defeated the Wall of Flesh now 5 TIMES and not ONCE, did the pwnhammer spawn, which is a vital tool to continue through the game. This has seriously made me get so close to snapping my 3ds in half mainly due to the fact that online the forums say the drop rate for said hammer is 100% so each time I shouldve gotten one. I have spent hours just preparing to face the wall especially since after the first time I beat it, hardmode begun making it even harder to beat the next 4 TIMES. I seriously wasted a whole day preparing and facing that goddamn wall just to end up still hammerless like I was initially. IM BEGGING YOU IF ANY TERRARIA EMPLOYEE IS READING THIS PLEASE FIX THIS GAME RUINING BUG BEFORE I REACH THE BRINK OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Thank you, other than that great game especially on the 3ds.

Okay I usually don't go out of my way to get on the forums and complain about a bug that needs to be fixed, but this issue has truley RUINED the game for me. I have now defeated the Wall of Flesh now 5 TIMES and not ONCE, did the pwnhammer spawn, which is a vital tool to continue through the game. This has seriously made me get so close to snapping my 3ds in half mainly due to the fact that online the forums say the drop rate for said hammer is 100% so each time I shouldve gotten one. I have spent hours just preparing to face the wall especially since after the first time I beat it, hardmode begun making it even harder to beat the next 4 TIMES. I seriously wasted a whole day preparing and facing that goddamn wall just to end up still hammerless like I was initially. IM BEGGING YOU IF ANY TERRARIA EMPLOYEE IS READING THIS PLEASE FIX THIS GAME RUINING BUG BEFORE I REACH THE BRINK OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Thank you, other than that great game especially on the 3ds.
Nobody else seems to have had this happen to them. I've gotten the hammer multiple times. What possibly could have caused this?

Can anyone confirm or deny this: Underground snow biomes don't have ice chests? I spent 5 hours last night crawling underground snow biomes (multiple different worlds) and didn't encounter a single cabin or ice chest. I'm using a n3ds if that makes any difference, oh and pre-hardmode.

WOF dont drop items on lava or the stone line bridge u made :D after u defeat wof there will be a box made out of kinda stone and all the loots are on there :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1451319334,1451319264][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can anyone confirm or deny this: Underground snow biomes don't have ice chests? I spent 5 hours last night crawling underground snow biomes (multiple different worlds) and didn't encounter a single cabin or ice chest. I'm using a n3ds if that makes any difference, oh and pre-hardmode.
Theres an ice chest to every world but it took me a day to find a blizzard in a bottle lol
[DOUBLEPOST=1451319455][/DOUBLEPOST]Im so happy i just made a two mushroom biome :D one underground and one above ground hahahah i like the sound of its biome and the two different background when on underground and above ground :D i didnt use the clenlinator idk if i spelled it right hahah :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkvtnvOtw

I'm glad to finally hear I'm not the only one. I've randomly had butterflies spawning, but all other insects are scarce in all my worlds.
That happened to me on PC when I made these huge lakes in the latest version (as of this post). That was EZ (yes that was intentional)

My daughter got the game for Christmas and it is constantly crashing back to the 2ds home screen. She says that it only happens to her in one of the worlds she has created and not any others. It does not seem to matter what she is doing in game and appears to be completely random. Both of my sons play the game on their 2ds's as well and rarely experience this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom