3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm kinda new to what belongs to what update, and so i was wondering if optic staff isn't in the game due to a bug or if 3DS isn't in that update yet. I have all of the ingredients that the Terraria wiki shows and i am using the Orichulam ( i believe that's how you spell it) anvil. But it won't show up. Any info would help, Thanks.
Terraria for 3DS was made using 1.2 as a base version, meaning it has all content availible to the game up until 1.2. From there, it has bits and pieces of content from later updates, like Duke Fishron and the Pumpkin Moon event. As far as I know, the Optic Staff is not part of it.

Last edited:
So i'm kinda new to what belongs to what update, and so i was wondering if optic staff isn't in the game due to a bug or if 3DS isn't in that update yet. I have all of the ingredients that the Terraria wiki shows and i am using the Orichulam ( i believe that's how you spell it) anvil. But it won't show up. Any info would help, Thanks.
It doesn't exist in this version
[DOUBLEPOST=1454382282,1454382063][/DOUBLEPOST]Really annoying thing that isn't a bug but i would like removed/patched. My copper and silver coins quick stack with my gold and platinum coins and then items like potions will try to quick steak to fill stacks of the same item. It is annoying as heck and i would really appreciate it being removed in the next update

Really annoying thing that isn't a bug but i would like removed/patched. My copper and silver coins quick stack with my gold and platinum coins and then items like potions will try to quick steak to fill stacks of the same item. It is annoying as heck and i would really appreciate it being removed in the next update
Seeing that quick stacking items into nearby chests is a 1.3 feature, it's bound to have some quirks that need to be worked out. It probably wasn't fixed in the recent patch because they wanted to fix critical issues before messing with the minor things. I also don't like how that works, but I can put up with it until the next patch.

Did you ever get it to work or does it crash every time? My friend is interested in getting it so we can play but he doesn't really want to play it single player, so I'm trying to keep him in the loop of how stable the multiplayer is. Let me know if you can get it to work, and what causes the crash if possible.

It crashed for no apparent reason just moments into playing. After the crash we were able to play the game for an hour or so with no major issues (unfortunately we lead quite busy lives so we're not able to play for too long). She was hosting the world and her game completely crashed back to home menu with the error message - so I'm leaning towards it being an issue with the host.

(We both use New 3DS XLs)

At first the game was doing really well - I was able to control my character by watching her screen with pretty much no lag. Unfortunately this didn't last and it got a bit laggy but for the hour or two we played it was playable, minus the crash of course (and a bit of lag).

It must be said though that I'm in Europe so I am using the vanilla pre-patched version. Also, I haven't logged back in to check to see if I lost any items (as reported by some guys here)

We'll give the multiplayer a proper go when we next get the chance. I will post if any more issues pop up. Due to my experience combined with the reports on here (about crashes and lost items) I wouldn't call the game stable by any means. I would play under the realisation that you might have to start again the next time you play...

-

Under the Consumer Rights Act in the UK (passed on the 1st of October 2015) we (the consumers) are entitled to a full refund on faulty digital content. The definition of faulty is 'not working or made correctly; having defects'. Terraria on 3DS is most definitely faulty. Gimme my money back plz.

It crashed for no apparent reason just moments into playing. After the crash we were able to play the game for an hour or so with no major issues (unfortunately we lead quite busy lives so we're not able to play for too long). She was hosting the world and her game completely crashed back to home menu with the error message - so I'm leaning towards it being an issue with the host.

(We both use New 3DS XLs)

At first the game was doing really well - I was able to control my character by watching her screen with pretty much no lag. Unfortunately this didn't last and it got a bit laggy but for the hour or two we played it was playable, minus the crash of course (and a bit of lag).

It must be said though that I'm in Europe so I am using the vanilla pre-patched version. Also, I haven't logged back in to check to see if I lost any items (as reported by some guys here)

We'll give the multiplayer a proper go when we next get the chance. I will post if any more issues pop up. Due to my experience combined with the reports on here (about crashes and lost items) I wouldn't call the game stable by any means. I would play under the realisation that you might have to start again the next time you play...

-

Under the Consumer Rights Act in the UK (passed on the 1st of October 2015) we (the consumers) are entitled to a full refund on faulty digital content. The definition of faulty is 'not working or made correctly; having defects'. Terraria on 3DS is most definitely faulty. Gimme my money back plz.
Alright, good to hear the problems you've had are pre-update. Hopefully the update fixed the crash problems with multiplayer!

Thanks for the quick response guys. So is Terraria 3ds considered Mobile, Console of something on its own. Because I can get the valentine Ring although I thought it was mobile only. I always thought it was console but that one item lead me to doubting myself.

Thanks for the quick response guys. So is Terraria 3ds considered Mobile, Console of something on its own. Because I can get the valentine Ring although I thought it was mobile only. I always thought it was console but that one item lead me to doubting myself.

It's the mobile port, ported to a console. So yeah, it's mobile and console. I guess?

Alright, good to hear the problems you've had are pre-update. Hopefully the update fixed the crash problems with multiplayer!

Hopefully!

I've noticed that whenever you put down something in a jar or terrariums the game will always crash on that world.
I've had my terrariums work fine and golem trophys place and break fine pre update.
It's based off of mobile yet on console but it's more based on Mobile ( it's really confusing ).

so any estimate on when this patch will go live in Australia? does Australia fall under the releases for NOE?
In most cases AU falls under NOE, for Terraria that's a yes.

If you contact Nintendo in your region they should arrange a refund for you, if they don't you can slap them with info about this act which will make them give you a refund, works everytime with Steam.

Which wiki are you using?
If you're on gamepedia (Offical wiki) scroll to the bottom of the item page and click history, if the item was introduced on version 1.2 or earlier it should be in the 3DS version.

On Wikia look under Update Info.
Terraria for 3DS was made using 1.2 as a base version, meaning it has all content availible to the game up until 1.2. From there, it has bits and pieces of content from later updates, like Duke Fishron and the Pumpkin/Frost Moon events. As far as I know, the Optic Staff is not part of it.

Frost Moon is not in this version.

Last edited:
so any estimate on when this patch will go live in Australia? does Australia fall under the releases for NOE?

Australia does fall under NOE, yes. I hope it won't be long, but I would be guessing if I gave you an exact date. Nintendo needs to tell us before I can tell you.

I've noticed that whenever you put down something in a jar or terrariums the game will always crash on that world.

Are you still seeing this in the patched version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom