3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES totally agree (on multiplayer) our worlds have been fine for a while then it crashes and deletes stuff but recently it had crashed after only about 5 minutes.
How about instead of playing multiplayer make a world on both 3ds' and race each other to EoC or WoF or maybe even first to get Excalibur. I'd do it if any of my had terraria and are close enough to see each other play.

you guys gonna do anything about the crashes because I was in the middle of fighting both the eye of cthulu and just got done beating Skeletron in one of my world's then suddenly *BAM* crashed and this happened in a previous world that i made also

Last edited:
What exactly was included in this update? Fishing is still broken beyond belief ha!
They fixed some bugs, like hardmode enemies spawn in the mushroom biome, insects are not all that rare anymore, and the music is more better because it doesn't cut off when like to say, a goblin evasion happens, ETC

you guys gonna do anything about the crashes because I was in the middle of fighting both the eye of cthulu and just got done beating Skeletron in one of my world's then suddenly *BAM* crashed and this happened in a previous world that i made also

We are looking, I promise. We can't fix what we can't reproduce, so any steps you can provide could really help us.

We've got a team of people playing the release version trying to make it crash like we see in reports here.

I know that this may not be a bug, but is there a way to rebind controls?

No, it's not really a feature we thought was high priority. PC games are used to it of course, but it's less of a thing on 3DS.

WVW69i9Fg-AL7wKEmc

Found a bug. When I went to tutorial mode, i came back to my game and my hearts is only 5 and not yellow.
WVW69i83xBIqsQWUbJ

Then this bug. I was fishing and I used the magic mirror. Then the fishing rod casted itself and it landed on my banner.

Hope these bugs get fixed.

Can I get some more details on this? Since you played the tutorial with a game in progress, you are now back to five hearts? Does this fix itself after a reload, or is this permanently broken for you?

Any word on the Wii U release date?

Wii U, as you've probably worked out, is a bit behind schedule. We've submitted the game for Nintendo approval, and will have an update on the release date soon.

Can someone fill me in on the issues with the Fishron trophy so I don't need to go back through all 74 pages of this thread?

Are people seeing that it doesn't spawn AT ALL, or that there's an issue when it does spawn? Help me to help you, please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone fill me in on the issues with the Fishron trophy so I don't need to go back through all 74 pages of this thread?

Are people seeing that it doesn't spawn AT ALL, or that there's an issue when it does spawn? Help me to help you, please!
People have not seen Duke Fishron droping His trophy, i for one have not beaten him enought times to see if it does drop.

Hopefully all you did was put the SD Card in the wrong way. Try taking it back out and putting it back in, then look to see if your character is back. If this doesn't work, check some of your other games that save data to the SD Card to see if you still have your content.
i tried taking it out and putting it back in... i SO wish there was a way for me to hack items back in, it took forever to get all of those items... my brother's character was still there, as well as my worlds, just my character was gone, the one with all my items. if you know a way to hack, please tell me. i think this wouldn't be considered cheating, since i am doing it because of a glitch
[DOUBLEPOST=1457372040,1457371782][/DOUBLEPOST]
We are looking, I promise. We can't fix what we can't reproduce, so any steps you can provide could really help us.

We've got a team of people playing the release version trying to make it crash like we see in reports here.

No, it's not really a feature we thought was high priority. PC games are used to it of course, but it's less of a thing on 3DS.

Can I get some more details on this? Since you played the tutorial with a game in progress, you are now back to five hearts? Does this fix itself after a reload, or is this permanently broken for you?

Wii U, as you've probably worked out, is a bit behind schedule. We've submitted the game for Nintendo approval, and will have an update on the release date soon.

well, i have fought duke fishron countless times (with an invincibility booth! XD) and he never dropped his trophy. this could be the rng hating me, as broken hero swords dont spawn for me either. he hasnt dropped his wings either, but i heard that items with a value over 1866 or something dont drop, so that could be the problem. it certainly looks to be the problem with the beetle shells and golem, cuz he doesnt drop those either. :/

I reset the game and i got my hearts back, but i just hope this will be fixed.

i tried taking it out and putting it back in... i SO wish there was a way for me to hack items back in, it took forever to get all of those items... my brother's character was still there, as well as my worlds, just my character was gone, the one with all my items. if you know a way to hack, please tell me. i think this wouldn't be considered cheating, since i am doing it because of a glitch
[DOUBLEPOST=1457372040,1457371782][/DOUBLEPOST]
well, i have fought duke fishron countless times (with an invincibility booth! XD) and he never dropped his trophy. this could be the rng hating me, as broken hero swords dont spawn for me either. he hasnt dropped his wings either, but i heard that items with a value over 1866 or something dont drop, so that could be the problem. it certainly looks to be the problem with the beetle shells and golem, cuz he doesnt drop those either. :/
Beetle shells aren't in the 3ds version yet. You are just very unlucky with the Broken hero Swords and the Duke Fishron Wings (I have the wings equipped myself)

Beetle shells aren't in the 3ds version yet. You are just very unlucky with the Broken hero Swords and the Duke Fishron Wings (I have the wings equipped myself)
Is the Broken hero swords and the Duke Fishron Wings that rare? Wow. I can't even get 10 Souls of night because they made them a little too rare.

Please reply about the bugs and glitches I'm reporting.

It just doesn't drop (the trophy). Also I know I've said this already but I want to make sure you heard. I think the game still registers as underground everywhere. I have a theory for this actually. I think the game is the same everywhere until you reach a certain height. When at this height the game will just change spawns and background but not anything like fishing (armored cave fish being caught on surface but quest fish that have to be caught on the surface can't be caught) souls of light/night being found on the surface and possibly the despawning of goblins, pirates, and some solar eclipse mobs.

Also I've noticed the dungeon on registers near a light source which is the problem with dungeon and may connected to the no real surface glitch. This lighting glitch is also in the snow biome but underground snow biome will only bring up its background which might explain the lacking of ice chests.

Use a godly tempest staff. Has to be godly. Now have fun with the lacking of being able to use anything for 10 seconds. You'll see why. In case you haven't noticed it is a doa of pow.

Again please reply and tell me if any of this helps.;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1457376188,1457376025][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is the Broken hero swords and the Duke Fishron Wings that rare? Wow. I can't even get 10 Souls of night because they made them a little too rare.
Every thing you have leashed I can confirm is in the game and at normal drop rate (broken hero sword is just hard to get because of a bug that despawns some mobs.

@Deanzor I've killed Duke Fishron over 100 times and have never seen his trophy.

And I don't believe you're trying hard enough (or at all), because all you need to do to find a crash on multiplayer is play the game. Seriously. Sit two or more people in a room on multiplayer, and get them to progress through the game. Play for a few hours, it will crash.

My girlfriend won't even bother with the game anymore because she's fed up of losing all her data. :( Good luck finding those bugs! :)

I've got one fishrons TROPHY but fought him countless times over 100
POST IT ON MIIVERSE!!! I WON'T BELIEVE UNTIL I SEE IT!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1457402357,1457402078][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Deanzor I've killed Duke Fishron over 100 times and have never seen his trophy.

And I don't believe you're trying hard enough (or at all), because all you need to do to find a crash on multiplayer is play the game. Seriously. Sit two or more people in a room on multiplayer, and get them to progress through the game. Play for a few hours, it will crash.

My girlfriend won't even bother with the game anymore because she's fed up of losing all her data. :( Good luck finding those bugs! :)
Its not that simple. I've done some programming of my own and I'd bugs where the source of it wasn't really related to it. You can't just play the game and find the problem. You have to go through ALL of the programming and hope you get lucky and find the problem on your 10th look in the script of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom