PC A question for the creative people~

Kats

Pixel Pirate
(1.4.0.5)
I am currently trying to make my "little" storage area but have run into a problem~
Capture 2020-06-10 13_17_38.png

Above is a picture of what I'm trying to do, and if you look closely, for some of these they are just dyed versions of other blocks, for example clay is just dirt wall dyed pink (which I now saw I need to change), and sand is just dirt wall dyed yellow, Ash Block is just Snow dyed Grey. Quite proud of thinking about this haha.
However...
The problem comes with the corruption, crimson and hallow blocks, in particular the hardened sand and sandstone, as I'm worried about these spreading I of course dyed all of these but, as you can probably tell, 4 walls in particular look out of place.
I made do with Pearl being dyed gray (for hardened sand its "perfect" but Pearlsandstone when placed is more the color of purple ice, which I couldn't replicate).
However, Corruption and Crimson are the two that really bug me...
Hardened Sand and Sandstone for these two become so exceedingly bright no matter what I do.
And so, here comes the question, are there any other types of walls that look very similar, but are dyed darker, similar to the darkness of the corresponding "sand" (dyed dirt wall purple/red) wall?

OR if I craft these walls, do I not actually need to worry about them spreading at all? I read up on the wiki and it says they can spread to pure walls but not blocks.
However since there are 3 crafted walls and the dyed dirt wall between the Hardened Sand Wall (as in, if I made the corrupted one) maybe its fine?
Or can it spread to/through dirt wall even if dyed?

Last edited:
After taking a look at the wiki myself, wall spreading shouldn't be a concern. Wall infection range is only 2 tiles (5x5 square), and wall infection can only occur if there is a foreground block of the corresponding biome within 20 tiles (41x41 square). So as long as this storage area is in a pure area away from any infectious blocks, there shouldn't be a problem. And you can keep a 2 tile gap between infectious walls and vulnerable walls just to be safe.

After taking a look at the wiki myself, wall spreading shouldn't be a concern. Wall infection range is only 2 tiles (5x5 square), and wall infection can only occur if there is a foreground block of the corresponding biome within 20 tiles (41x41 square). So as long as this storage area is in a pure area away from any infectious blocks, there shouldn't be a problem. And you can keep a 2 tile gap between infectious walls and vulnerable walls just to be safe.

Ahh thank you thank you! :D

Back
Top Bottom