Pressurized Steam Canister
'This stuff packs a punch.'
Damage: 10
* Short range.
* Knocks enemies back.
* Shoots a powerful blast of steam.
* Works under water.
Recipe:
I don't really like the bonuses much, the bullet version is high velocity, so I guess this version can have a decent velocity too.

I don't really like the bonuses much, the bullet version is high velocity, so I guess this version can have a decent velocity too.
1) H.V. Bullets do have high velocity, but they also have a huge amount of knockback for bullets.
2) Flamethrowers have limited range, and velocity mostly just affects that range. Firing steam wouldn't have more range than spitting fuel.
3) While I love H.V. Bullets, they aren't really up to par with their tier, which is why I dedicated a suggestion thread to fixing that problem.

Flamer%20Fuel_Brass.png

Pressurized Steam Canister
'This stuff packs a punch.'
Damage: 12
* Short range.
* Knocks enemies back.
* Shoots a powerful blast of steam.
* Works under water.
Recipe:
Flamer%20Fuel_Empty.png
Empty Fuel Canisters (20)
Cog.png
Cog
Bottled_Water.png
Bottled Water
@ a Steampunk Boiler. Recipe makes 20.
This is a TF2 Pyro's dream.
Just because of this, WE NEED THIS SUGGESTION NOW.

I think the canisters should be more expensive to fill, meaning at least one gel per canister. After all, they do more damage than firing straight gel, so why should they use less of it? Other than that I like the idea quite a bit, the flamethrower is alot of fun, but a bit underpowered compared to other hardmode weapons.

I think the canisters should be more expensive to fill, meaning at least one gel per canister. After all, they do more damage than firing straight gel, so why should they use less of it? Other than that I like the idea quite a bit, the flamethrower is alot of fun, but a bit underpowered compared to other hardmode weapons.

Probably because

1) You'd no longer be able to straight fire gel with this (I assume so, anyway)
2) Gel is already annoying to get large amounts of for flamethrowers

Idea with canisters good, though I think there shouldn't be any non-flame ammo - only real fire creating ones, this means:
- Normal
- Frostburn
- Cursed Flame
- Shadowflame (Don't really know how to craft it. Maybe it could be bought from goblin?)
EDIT: sorry, forgot about Napalm and Spectral; they would be nice as well.

But it's Flamethrower. I know that steam or crimson counterpart would be good, but this :red: just doesn't fit the thing. Ichor is cool, but you shall remember that it's still liquid. It won't fulfill all roles of Cursed Flame, and vice versa. It could get something in exchange though, like ichor rockets or sth like taht.
Generally though, I support Your idea.

Last edited:
Idea with canisters good, though I think there shouldn't be any non-flame ammo - only real fire creating ones, this means:
- Normal
- Frostburn
- Cursed Flame
- Shadowflame (Don't really know how to craft it. Maybe it could be bought from goblin?)
EDIT: sorry, forgot about Napalm and Spectral; they would be nice as well.

But it's Flamethrower. I know that steam or crimson counterpart would be good, but this :red: just doesn't fit the thing. Ichor is cool, but you shall remember that it's still liquid. It won't fulfill all roles of Cursed Flame, and vice versa. It could get something in exchange though, like ichor rockets or sth like taht.
Generally though, I support Your idea.
Flamethrowers don't actually spray fire. They spray a liquid which is then ignited. I can see being iffy about confetti, but most of the other ones are fluids, so I don't really see a problem.

Flamethrowers don't actually spray fire. They spray a liquid which is then ignited. I can see being iffy about confetti, but most of the other ones are fluids, so I don't really see a problem.
Not all, in fact. While combat flamethrowers used during WWII were shooting liquid, nowadays napalm rockets are used instead. In fact, flamethrowers are still used, not in combat though - they are used mostly to clear out dangerous animals' nest (like snakes in southern China). These flamethrowers do not spray liqud (but they often contain liquid oxygen/other gas in tanks), but stream of flammable gas, sometimes mixed with (un)compressed oxygen. The key difference is that liquid-squirting flamethrowers were meant to set something aflame by drowning it in dense burning liquid, while the ones which use gas are meant to burn things with flame fired out of "barrel" (if I can call it that way). In fact, in older flamethrowers, burning liquid traversing to target was just side-effect, not really wanted due to some problems (which wasn't flame in fact). They also coudn't maintain continuous fire, as they shot all tank at once. Only gas-based ones can burn continuously.
BTW, flamethrowers in Terraria seem to be gas-based judging by effects (penetration, continuous fire), but liquid-based judging by ammo (gel) :D

Not all, in fact. While combat flamethrowers used during WWII were shooting liquid, nowadays napalm rockets are used instead. In fact, flamethrowers are still used, not in combat though - they are used mostly to clear out dangerous animals' nest (like snakes in southern China). These flamethrowers do not spray liqud (but they often contain liquid oxygen/other gas in tanks), but stream of flammable gas, sometimes mixed with (un)compressed oxygen. The key difference is that liquid-squirting flamethrowers were meant to set something aflame by drowning it in dense burning liquid, while the ones which use gas are meant to burn things with flame fired out of "barrel" (if I can call it that way). In fact, in older flamethrowers, burning liquid was just side-effect, not really wanted due to some problems. They also coudn't maintain continuous fire, as they shot all tank at once. Only gas-based ones can burn continuously.
BTW, flamethrowers in Terraria seem to be gas-based judging by effects (penetration, continuous fire), but liquid-based judging by ammo (gel) :D
You learn something new everyday. Still, I think that these ammo types are fun enough to ignore IRL logic.

I think I remember this one from TO . Can't believe I forgot it considering I love the flamethrower and would completely enjoy all those sweet, succulent, tanks of ammo to cause such beautiful infernos.

Honestly I like Terraria's flamethrowers because they're close to the range of a real one. Want to see more of that in video games.

You're propably right. Though I still think ichor is not a good idea for flamethrower. It could have some equivalent, though (like ichor grenades or something). Besides that, all's right for me ;)

You're propably right. Though I still think ichor is not a good idea for flamethrower. It could have some equivalent, though (like ichor grenades or something). Besides that, all's right for me ;)
Terraria's Ichor is actually very flame-like (due to its being a counterpart of Cursed Flames and needing to be used in the same kinds of items). How else would Ichor Torches, Campfires, and Living Ichor Fire Blocks make any sense? :p

Other than that, Cursed Flames is just as deserving of a Grenade as Ichor is.

Back
Top Bottom