Blocks & Decoration Accessories and Dyes for Mannequins

Count Yum

Official Terrarian
Although you can place a mannequin to display armor or vanity sets, there is no way of applying dyes or vanity accessories to the mannequin. Allowing the player to paint mannequins would not extend the functionality of all dyes and would not not allow the use of accessories on mannequins.

A feature that could be added to fix this could be right-clicking on a mannequin to open an inventory/equipping interface similar to the player's vanity menu (pictured below) that armor, accessories, and dyes could be applied to.

mannequinsuggest.png

I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this and I am open to any other ideas that could be added to this suggestion to improve it

Although you can place a mannequin to display armor or vanity sets, there is no way of applying dyes or vanity accessories to the mannequin. Allowing the player to paint mannequins would not extend the functionality of all dyes and would not not allow the use of accessories on mannequins.

A feature that could be added to fix this could be right-clicking on a mannequin to open an inventory/equipping interface similar to the player's vanity menu (pictured below) that armor, accessories, and dyes could be applied to.

View attachment 89959

I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this and I am open to any other ideas that could be added to this suggestion to improve it
I am glad to see that I'm not the only one in desperate need for this. A possibility would be that you could add a single weapon to that mini-interface, so that if the mannequin is activated with wire, it would display an attack, which could work well in maps.

Honestly, I don't see why Mannequins don't work like this now, this is how it should be!

You should also be allowed to right-click the vanity pieces in this interface to quickly swap with what you're wearing! That would be helpful!

Wow, what a nice thinking! This would be increase the usefullness of mannequins, their decorative functions all leveled up a lot by this! I can't imagine how people would use this thing to make very good decorations! All takes my support, Devs, please see and add this into the game!

Would make worlds much more lively. Support!

And can I add this idea to my Target Dummy suggestion as well? I'll give credit to you!

I do agree with this idea. I want to see Mannequins be able to be dyed or have accessories. FYI, Paint can be applied to mannequins, but they don't go over the armor slots.

FYI, I wonder if there is a global limit to the number of Mannequins in a world. Because mannequins have some storage functions (which would be expanded here), I can imagine there being a limit on them in the world like how there is a limit on the number of chests/storage containers in a world.

Back
Top Bottom