NPCs & Enemies Air Attack

Ptzery

Empress of Light
Basically what this suggestion is, is a load of air mobs in a hardmode invasion. I guess I'll just put a bunch of things down below, read them if you want to.

You can summon this invasion with a very rare drop from any flying enemy in hardmode, the Li'l Ol' Aeroplane. You can also craft this at a Mythril/Orichalchum Anvil, with 3 Iron Bars, 3 Glass, 5 Souls of Flight and 1 White Paint.

Evil Magic Carpet

The Flying Carpet accessory, but then Black instead of Yellow, and Purple instead of Red. Flies around above the player, and occasionally charges after the player.

Health: 250
Melee Damage: 62
Defense: 34
Magic Carpet AI

Gale Bat

Basically just a light grey coloured Bat that occasionally fires a white air projectile similar to the Ice Queen, but smaller, and it can get destroyed by weapons..

Health: 200
Melee Damage: 66
Projectile Damage: 60
Defense: 20
Bat AI

Flying Worm

A small worm that looks like the critter, but then he has tiny little wings, and flies around. Always take 5 hits to kill.

Health: 5
Melee Damage: 72
Defense: 65535
Flying Fish AI

Baby Dragon

A little baby dragon that flies above the around player, and occasionally fires a ball of fire that can inflict the On Fire! debuff.

Health: 340
Melee Damage: 57
Projectile Damage: 53
Defense: 30
Hovering AI

Soul Stealer

Basically the boss of the invasion (Like a Pirate Captain or an Eyezor). It looks like an empty cloak with red eyes coming out of the hood. It behaves like a Wraith, but can freely move around in air too. It frequently shoots black beams that behave similarly to the Shadowbeam Staff, but when it hits a block, it goes straight through it. A second attack is every so often it will position itself and float around high above the player for a few seconds, and then ram downwards at a fast speed.

Health: 1666
Melee Damage: 66
Projectile Damage: 60
Defense: 24
Hovering AI

Carpet Hook

Rare drop from Evil Magic Carpets. Basically a hook with Carpet-y aesthetics. It functions like the Ivy whip, has 4 tendrils and a range of 28 tiles.

Bat Staff

Rare drop from Gale Bats. It summons a Gale Bat that whips up strong whirlwinds, which only do 35 damage, but it knocks all enemies back 5 tiles, regardless of knockback resistance (unless it's 100%)

Worm Stew

50% drop from Flying Worms. Provides the user with the "Badly Fed" debuff for 2 minutes, which slightly increases movement speed, but slightly decreases defense. Y'know, like when you try to run away from someone force-feeding you a food you don't like.

Wormhole Blade

Rare drop from Flying Worms. It's a sword that creates wormholes :O No no no! Not those kinds of wormholes, the kind that look like wormholes, but actually it's just a thing a bunch of worms come out of. The sword itself does 57 damage, swings at a fast speed, and creates a 'wormhole' where your cursor's at. The wormhole lasts for about 5 seconds. When first initiated 5 Worms come out, each dealing 15 damage and only able to jump and crawl over the ground. 2 seconds later, 5 Flying Worms come out, dealing 20 damage, and able to fly around and stuff. There should only be one wormhole at a time from each player, so putting a 5 second cooldown on the wormhole thingy would work I think. But you can still swing the sword while there's a wormhole on screen, of course.

Dragun

Rare drop from Baby Dragons. It looks like a gun and a dragon, kind of like how the Megashark is. Does 40 damage, fires at a mediocre speed, and causes the target to be inflicted with the On Fire! debuff for 3 seconds.

Book of Souls

Rare drop from Soul Stealers. It's a book, like the Water Bolt, or Book of Skulls, but white and grey with a black soul on it. Shoots out souls, looking like Souls of Sight or something like that, but then black. They stay there, floating in midair for 1 minute, and do 50 damage. They have no knockback, however, as that would completely unbalance them. You can have a maximum of 3 souls on screen at once. Costs some amount of mana, whatever seems balanced.

There's an NPC that moves in after the invasion, just cuz NPCs! You'll need to build a Sky house for him to move in to, but when that's all done, the Pilot will move in! He sells a few things and stuff, but yeah, more spoilers down below for the dude.

Like most NPCs, the Pilot will have a shop which sells items. Said items are listed below.

Old Chopper Whistle

Platinum_Coin.png
Gold_Coin.png

Summons a helicopter mount that can fly around. It's not too fast, but it can take you up to the sky pretty easily. A player without any upgrades to movement speed or Hermes/Flurry/Lightning/Spectre/Frostspark Boots would move just a bit slower than it.

Jet Plane

Gold_Coin.png

Some wings that look like a plane strapped to your back, they have 200% ascension speed but can only go up 50 blocks.

Propellor Hat

Gold_Coin.png

This is a helmet which belongs to the Pilot armor set.
Slows your fall by about 50% unless you hold the down key, makes ascending 20% faster. Also gives a 5% increase in movement speed and 1 defense.
When equipped, the set bonus of the pilot armor is 22% increased movement speed.

This helmet also belongs to the Pilot armor set, and it's craftable by combining the Propellor Hat with 10 Iron/Lead bars, 20 Crystal Shards and 5 Souls of Flight at a Mythril/Orichalcum anvil.
It slows your fall by 40% unless you hold the down key, makes ascending 15% faster and gives 8 defense.
When equipped, the set bonus of the Pilot Armor is 10% increased movement speed and 8 defense.

Pilot Shirt

Gold_Coin.png

The body piece of the Pilot set.
It gives you 10% increased movement speed, plus 20% velocity, and 9 defense.

Pilot Boots

Gold_Coin.png

I bet you didn't expect this, but these are the boots from the pilot set! WHOA!
It gives 14% increased movement speed, an increased jump height/height of ascension of 10%, and 5 defense.

Air Dust

Silver_Coin.png

Material - Used to craft Gale Bullets.

Made by combining 50 Empty Ammo things and Air Dust. The bullets do 10 damage, and they have Average knockback. The bullet looks like a crescent, like air stuff would look like. If you play pokemon, it's like those things from Air Cutter or SonicBoom or something like that. It also grows in size the further it goes as if it's absorbing the air, and it deals a bit more damage the bigger it gets. It'll probably grow to twice the size by the time it goes across 1 screen, and then it'll do about 15 damage. (Maybe a bit OP? I don't know really...)

Cloud Block

Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Sunplate Block

Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

• Chip
  • Greg
  • James
  • Jim
  • Max
  • Miles
  • Tim
  • Ty
  • Wade
  • Wayne
Yeah, I'm aware all the names are 1 syllable long. I just think they sound better on a pilot.

• "You know who's a fly guy? Me."
  • "My prices would be sky high if you were in space!"
  • "What's this daft 'Aerodynamic' thing some punks came up with all about?"
  • "Being this high has that good feeling to it, y'know?"
  • "When life gives you lemons, throw them at the sky. Wyverns find them surprisingly tasty."
  • "Buy my goods, or I'll send you flying!"

So yeah, there you have it. The Air Attack. Not sure if it's too well balanced or not, but constructive criticism is welcome (not like it wouldn't be welcome, I mean, it obviously always is...). Suggestions for a melee weapon would be helpful too, because I have no ideas right now.

Last edited:
The suggestion seems overall balanced and seems like a fun event. The Carpet Hook is awesome. However, the flying worm seems annoying to deal with due to it's size and power and doesn't give something very useful. Dropping defense and upping movement speed seems like a bad thing (to me, atleast). Also, what about a NPC that spawns after the event? Since it's not a random event, it could be cool. Maybe make some kind off NPC Pilot spawn that gives you more flight options which are about on par or a bit better than the demon/angel wings?

That's what I think, anyways. You can always prove me wrong!

The suggestion seems overall balanced and seems like a fun event. The Carpet Hook is awesome. However, the flying worm seems annoying to deal with due to it's size and power and doesn't give something very useful. Dropping defense and upping movement speed seems like a bad thing (to me, atleast). Also, what about a NPC that spawns after the event? Since it's not a random event, it could be cool. Maybe make some kind off NPC Pilot spawn that gives you more flight options which are about on par or a bit better than the demon/angel wings?

That's what I think, anyways. You can always prove me wrong!

The reason behind the Worm Stew is giving the player with a more agile setup an advantage. Being an agile player, I thought this would be cool to add, just cuz speed is key etc. You may not like it, but I'd use it. The point behind the Flying Worm is that it's a unique concept, and again, some people will like it and some people will hate it. An NPC could be a good idea, I'll work on that after my brother stops nagging me to watch videos with him -.-

Thanks for liking the general idea though! Have a poop-filled day... or night, depending on when you read this. That applies to everyone on and not on this forum, including that kid from the Space-Time continuum's sock holders which are held up by socks with crocs above a pool of crocodiles. #tangent #crocodilecrocs #thatkid #sockholders #poop-filledday

Back
Top Bottom