Items Artificial Blood Sphere and Martian Terrain Scanner. [Summon Blood Moons and Martian Invasions!]

snarkel

Steampunker
There are so many events in terraria and almost each one has a respective item to summon them, even though they can also appear naturally. The Pirate Invasion has the Pirate Map, Solar Eclipse has the Solar Tablet, etc.
The only two events (unless I missed one) that don't have a summon item are Blood Moons and the Martian Madness event. So I thought of this maybe good, maybe bad idea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First the Blood Moon.

The summon item is called the "Artificial Blood Sphere" (alternate name suggestions are appreciated)
crafted with...
99 Martian Conduit Plating.
1 Bucket of Red Paint.
Tooltip: "Albeit fake, this item can somehow start a blood moon."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, now for the Martian Madness.

This particular item cannot be crafted, instead its a drop from killing Martian Probes, its called the "Martian Terrain Scanner"
Now I know you are probably thinking "why not just trigger the event when the probe is right there!" Well sometimes when you find a probe you may not want to trigger it, say if your building or you don't have and weapons in your hotbar/inventory. You can kill the Probe, take the item and save it for later when you are ready.
Now this may not be the best/creative idea. But I though it would help with grinding Drops from both events.
Criticism is greatly appreciated!
Thanks for checking this out! Feel free to share your opinions in the thread.

For the Blood Moon summoning item, this would be cool if it would be a bucket of blood, and a tooltip 'I need a huge ladder to paint the moon with this blood...' :)
And you should change how to get that item. My idea is: 1 percent chance to get that item from the Blood Zombie, they spawn only during Blood Moon.

For the Martians summon, better if you can craft that. With 50 Martian Blocks and an UFO Mechanism, which is an item that has a 50 percent chance of dropping from Martian Saucer and it doesn't drop instead other items, so you can get main item from Saucer and this material at the same time, you can craft Martian Terrain Scanner.

Reactions: Ori
I don't really like the idea of the summoning items requiring items from the events. Also, not sure if you count them, but Rain and Slime Rain :p

good idea especially martian events, i hate to roaming around waiting for the ufo comes.

Back
Top Bottom