Items Ascension Medallion: Massively buffs weapons from Pre-Hardmode in Hardmode.

IcecreamBeGood

Terrarian
Ascension Medallions exist as permanent upgrades for weapons, which makes them ascend the progression line. The catch is that they can only be applied to pre-Hardmode gear; attempting to use Ascension Medallions on Hardmode gear yields a "this item is covered in the spirits you freed from the seal".

They can be gotten in a way I'm unsure of. Crafting a weapon with the medallion allows you to apply it to it, consuming the item. As was said earlier, Ascension Medallions cannot buff Hardmode gear.

For example, say you have a Wand of Frosting in one of your chests (in a non getfixedboi world). Apply the medallion to it, and it becomes ASCENDED. Ascended items gain a special purple gradient text with pink subtly. The title also becomes *modifier name* Wand of Frosting (Ascended).

Ascended Pre-Hardmode weapons become massively stronger and more fortified. They will deal 2 times the base damage of the original weapon, and will also attack 1.5 times as fast. This gives you the ability to fight with some Pre-Hardmode gear in Hardmode.

There are downsides to balance it. Getting these medallions would logically be hard, for example, and require earning them. Another downside is that Ascended weapons don't exactly buff weapons that are crafted with them. For example, if you were stupid enough to boost a copper shortsword, the ascended shortsword will not increase the strength of the Zenith.

Finally, Ascended weapons do not sell for much more than their regular counterpart, being only 20 percent more valuable than the regular tool, so farming with these is not smart.

Tooltip: Boosts gear gotten from before you broke the seal, Can only be applied to Pre Hardmode weapons

Last edited:
Where in hardmode progression that would be, coz the beginning of hardmode all all about Knocking player down to the ground, and later in hardmode you'd have weapons that are better than just dps boosted pre hardmode gear

I don't like this idea. I don't really like any ideas that want to bring early weapons into the lategame, because Terraria is built around the concept of replacing old weapons as you go along. There's also the fact that just doing more DPS isn't enough to make most early weapons competitive. Later weapons have other things that make them good.

I don't like this idea. I don't really like any ideas that want to bring early weapons into the lategame, because Terraria is built around the concept of replacing old weapons as you go along. There's also the fact that just doing more DPS isn't enough to make most early weapons competitive. Later weapons have other things that make them good.
That's understandable.

I absolutely agree.
This idea becomes even more unbalanced if you actually look at a good PHM Weapon like Nights Edge.
40 dmg would be buffed to 80 dmg, more than True Excalibur, a post-mech weapon.
25 spd to 18 spd, tied with True Excalibur.
Then add buffs from HM armor and you got yourself a broken progression system.
So, no Support.
+ forgot about star cannon

(Sorry if i seemed rude)

I absolutely agree.
This idea becomes even more unbalanced if you actually look at a good PHM Weapon like Nights Edge.
40 dmg would be buffed to 80 dmg, more than True Excalibur, a post-mech weapon.
25 spd to 18 spd, tied with True Excalibur.
Then add buffs from HM armor and you got yourself a broken progression system.
So, no Support.
+ forgot about star cannon

(Sorry if i seemed rude)
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking with this.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking with this.
It seems like you're just throwing out a lot of ideas and seeing which will stick, which is fine a lot of people here do that but please do take in consideration with balancing and how your suggestion will overall affect the game. In this case, the suggestion massively buffs pre-hardmode weapons but they're either super insane or do absolutely nothing.

It seems like you're just throwing out a lot of ideas and seeing which will stick, which is fine a lot of people here do that but please do take in consideration with balancing and how your suggestion will overall affect the game. In this case, the suggestion massively buffs pre-hardmode weapons but they're either super insane or do absolutely nothing.
I'm gonna take a break from this site.

Nothing personal, just uh..realizing I've been putting out a lot of nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom