Weapons & Equip Beetle Sword

zenithspeed

The Destroyer
hell yes
beetle husks are literally only used for armor, would be nice to have extra uses for them
and, for the heck of it, since it's a melee armor set, why not a beetle sword? very big and fairly slow speed (a bit faster than that of TNE), but shoots beetles outwards in all directions (i'd say like 12 or more) from its swing that deal 50% base damage and can't pierce but move fairly quickly and can bounce off walls twice so that the ones that get fired into the floor or wall aren't wasted
(i'll make a seperate suggestion for this if enough people want that)
I've previously discussed this on a thread about blocks made of beetle husks (alongside more uses for them in general) and came up with the idea of a sword made with them. I've basically taken my original comment seen above and modified it a bit.

The Beetle Sword would be crafted from 20 Beetle Husks and 12 Chlorophyte Bars at a Mythril Anvil. It could be a Zenith crafting material but that thing already has enough and the Terra Blade is fairly close in terms of progression anyway.
Its sprite is obviously mainly composed of the lightly desaturated purple that Beetle Husks have, but also some metal or even lizard brick on the sword's handle. The blade would be similar to the Bone Sword, with a dark indentation in the middle, but maybe in a square wave pattern to match the design of Beetle Husks.
It would be one of the biggest swords in the game, rivaling the Breaker Blade, but would also have an aura effect like the 1.4.4 reworked swords, and in fact would have two of them opposed to eachother, giving full coverage behind the player. However, it wouldn't extend very far from the blade, for reasons you'll see later.
For the stats, it would be a slower-swinging sword, with its speed being around that of the True Night's Edge, possibly faster. Its damage would be fairly high, somewhere in the 120-160 range. Possibly even higher, as the Flying Dragon, another post-Golem sword, deals 180 damage and has a significantly higher fire rate. Knockback would be pretty high but not insane.
Now for the fun bit. The projectiles. On every swing, little beetles (sprites can be reused from Beetle Armor set bonus) are spawned on the player and almost immediately move to the edge of the Beetle Sword's aura in a circle pattern and fly outwards from the player at a constant, relatively fast speed (41 mph, maybe). The number for them is up to debate, but 12 seems decent for me. They would deal 50% base damage due to their quantity, but I could easily see lower percentages than that, especially if the damage is higher than the 120-160 range I suggested above. The beetles cannot pierce, but they can bounce off of blocks, and this also means that your beetles won't be wasted if you're standing on the floor and/or are next to wall, as they will simply bounce back. I originally suggested a maximum of two bounces, but I think raising that much higher would not only make it look cooler, but also make it a force to be reckoned with in tight spaces, including the Lizard Temple and the Dungeon. Their behaviour is similar to the Scourge Of The Corruptor projectiles but I actually intended the Beetle Sword to be more of a support weapon, to fire a "shield" of beetles around you when needed.

One suggestion on that thread to make the beetle weapon unique was that instead of a sword, it would be a mace/flail. It would work the same as you described, but its sprite would be a stick with a ball/Diamond on top. I personally Lu would prefer the mace version since there are already an over abundance of swords in the game.

One suggestion on that thread to make the beetle weapon unique was that instead of a sword, it would be a mace/flail. It would work the same as you described, but its sprite would be a stick with a ball/Diamond on top. I personally Lu would prefer the mace version since there are already an over abundance of swords in the game.
true
i saw that original comment and liked that idea as well

Back
Top Bottom