Pixel Art Beginner Spriting Guide

This thread helped me none. I'm using paint.net and I didn't see where any of this tells me how to use paint.net. Very poorly made if I do say so myself. If anyone can teach me how to use paint.net I'd appreciate it.
They don't even use paint.net in the tutorial, they use GIMP.
If you want a paint.net tutorial, find a paint.net tutorial. This isn't a paint.net tutorial.

They went over the program they were using. A recommendation doesn't warrant another tutorial inside the tutorial.
Do you want them to make a tutorial for the other two programs they reccomended too? Or do you just want a paint.net tutorial because you're too lazy to spend three seconds looking for one?
http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/18-tutorials-publishing-only/

Touchy much? Calm down man I don't know who peed in your corn flakes but you can keep it to yourself. All I wanted was a paint.net guide in a SPRITING GUIDE. Make sense yet? Your hostility is unwanted and unnecessary so take it somewhere else please.

Touchy much? Calm down man I don't know who peed in your corn flakes but you can keep it to yourself. All I wanted was a paint.net guide in a SPRITING GUIDE. Make sense yet? Your hostility is unwanted and unnecessary so take it somewhere else please.
I'm not being hostile. I'm telling you that a tutorial that doesn't even use paint.net doesn't need to include a tutorial for paint.net.
Make sense yet?

I'm not being hostile. I'm telling you that a tutorial that doesn't even use paint.net doesn't need to include a tutorial for paint.net.
Make sense yet?

Why make a sprinting guide and not take the time to make a guide for everything you recommended? Seems poor to me. I'm not saying this guide is bad. Just saying it could be better.

Why make a sprinting guide and not take the time to make a guide for everything you recommended? Seems poor to me. I'm not saying this guide is bad. Just saying it could be better.
Literally the first sentence of the preface Balduranne says they made the tut cause they couldn't find any good pixel art tutorials. They don't need to make a tutorial for pixel.net/photoshop/gimp/MSpaint because there are already tonnes.

Literally the first sentence of the preface Balduranne says they made the tut cause they couldn't find any good pixel art tutorials. They don't need to make a tutorial for pixel.net/photoshop/gimp/MSpaint because there are already tonnes.

All I need to do is learn how to sprite. I don't have internet at my house so I had to stand outside in 34° weather in a church parking lot (lol) and download paint.net . So apparently I need gimp?

All I need to do is learn how to sprite. I don't have internet at my house so I had to stand outside in 34° weather in a church parking lot (lol) and download paint.net . So apparently I need gimp?
You don't need gimp. Many people here use MS paint and add transparency through Paint.net

You don't need gimp. Many people here use MS paint and add transparency through Paint.net

I'm not good with high tech download a bunch of :red: to do this with that. I can't understand half the stuff in the op. I need one app I can do spriting easily with. What is recommended?

I'm not good with high tech download a bunch of :red: to do this with that. I can't understand half the stuff in the op. I need one app I can do spriting easily with. What is recommended?
MS paint is a default windows program...

Hows this look?````````````````
Throwing Spear.png
``````````````````````` A "Spear that can be thrown"

Back
Top Bottom