Items Biome Teleportation Potions

Should these be added to the game?

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Have you ever wanted to get to a certain biome as soon as possible? Here is a quick and easy solution that helps effectively solve that problem and several others!

I present to you...

Biome Teleportation Potions!
kdcROYP.png

Forest Biome Potion
Forest.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Daybloom.png
x1
Salmon.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1

Teleports the player to a random location identified as a forest biome. The player will always appear on the surface.

Snow Biome Potion
Snow.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Shiverthorn.png
x1
Frost_Minnow.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location identified as a snow or underground snow biome.

Desert Biome Potion
Desert.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Waterleaf.png
x1
Antlion_Mandible.png
x2
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location identified as a desert or underground desert.

Jungle Biome Potion
Jungle.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Moonglow.png
x1
Neon_Tetra.png
x2
Variegated_Lardfish.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location identified as a jungle or underground jungle.

Ocean Biome Potion
Ocean.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Waterleaf.png
x1
Pink_Jellyfish.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to the shore of either of the 2 oceans.

Corruption Biome Potion
Corruption.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Deathweed.png
x1
Ebonkoi.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1

Teleports the player to a random location identified as the corruption.

Crimson Biome Potion
Crimson.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Deathweed.png
x1
Crimson_Tigerfish.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location identified as the crimson.

Underground Biome Potion
Underground.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Blinkroot.png
x1
Armored_Cavefish.png
x1
Blue_Jellyfish.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location in a neutral underground biome. aka The Underground or Caverns.

Mushroom Biome Potion
Mushroom.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
Glowing_Mushroom.png
x15
Blinkroot.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location identified as an above or underground mushroom biome.

Underworld Biome Potion
Underworld.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1

Fireblossom.png
x2
Hellstone.png
x5
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location identified as the underworld.

Hallow Biome Potion
Hallow.png

Bottled_Water.png
x1
18px-Crystal_Shard.png
x15
Chaos_Fish.png
x1
Specular_Fish.png
x1
Teleports the player to a random location identified as the hallow or underground hallow.

kdcROYP.png

Why do we need these?
We don't, but they are a relatively cheap way to travel to a biome, requiring that you've already been there, collected it's resources, and fished there.
I feel this is unbalanced.
Post your suggestion to balance it out in the comments.
What problems does this solve?
It adds new uses for almost every biome fish and adds a new way to get to a biome fast! (If you can afford it)
What if there is none of a biome left to teleport to?
The potion will fizzle up.
Can they be found anywhere?
Yes, biome potions can be found in chests in their respectful biomes.

And that concludes this suggestion for biome potions. Please leave constructive criticism instead of simply saying that the idea is bad. :)

Last edited:
The idea of teleporting to a specific biome is a good one, but provided recipes look hard to obtain. Also I'd like to mention that Exxo Avalon implemented an item similar to this, called the Shadow Mirror. It had Dungeon, Jungle, Underworld, Spawn, Left and Right oceans, and Random. This item was particularly useful for getting to the dungeon, so if no other potion was suggested here, then it should be dungeon. But as there's no dungeon exclusive fish, this is problematic.

Like you said, there only really there for you if you haven't set up a teleporter, you're too lazy to walk there, and you have the required fish. But why should "fishermen" only be allowed to this ability?

I also don't like dealing with running out of consumables. I think this should be in mirror form.

So to solve the problem of the dungeon, the fish, and the consumables, I came up with a recipe for the "Biome Mirror." It's basically materials from every biome suggested above.
Biome Mirror = 20 Bones, 5 Shark fins, 10 Vertebrae/Rotten Chunks, 30 Hellstone, 20 Pixie Dust, 100 Stone, 10 Jungle Spores, 40 Wood, 10 Antlion Mandibles, 40 Boreal Wood, 40 Glowing Mushrooms, 1 Magic Mirror.

Ocean biome(and underground) potion might be difficult to get because of the rarity of jellyfishes.
I've got the golden fishing rod (50 quests pre-1.3) and about to defeat the Moon Lord, but haven't caught a single jellyfish (let alone the pink version).

The idea of teleporting to a specific biome is a good one, but provided recipes look hard to obtain. Also I'd like to mention that Exxo Avalon implemented an item similar to this, called the Shadow Mirror. It had Dungeon, Jungle, Underworld, Spawn, Left and Right oceans, and Random. This item was particularly useful for getting to the dungeon, so if no other potion was suggested here, then it should be dungeon. But as there's no dungeon exclusive fish, this is problematic.

Like you said, there only really there for you if you haven't set up a teleporter, you're too lazy to walk there, and you have the required fish. But why should "fishermen" only be allowed to this ability?

I also don't like dealing with running out of consumables. I think this should be in mirror form.

So to solve the problem of the dungeon, the fish, and the consumables, I came up with a recipe for the "Biome Mirror." It's basically materials from every biome suggested above.
Biome Mirror = 20 Bones, 5 Shark fins, 10 Vertebrae/Rotten Chunks, 30 Hellstone, 20 Pixie Dust, 100 Stone, 10 Jungle Spores, 40 Wood, 10 Antlion Mandibles, 40 Boreal Wood, 40 Glowing Mushrooms, 1 Magic Mirror.

I could try something like that sometime. :)

I like the idea, but some critique

This looks a lot like... Another potion, I wanna say wrath potion.

This looks a lot like healing potion.

Both of these are just imo, but the rest of the suggestion is support
I thought that it looked pretty different from a healing potion.
No, it looks like the inferno potion.

IT LOOKS LIKE THE CHAOS POTION BECAUSE IT IS THE CHAOS POTION! I WAS LAZY! :confused:
Have you added a new fish(hallow one), I don't remember fishing it.
Nope, thats a chaos fish. It's used in the teleportation potion.

I thougt the same as azu that how was this gonna be useful then i thougt my thougt and i came up to this: YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE EQUVALENT POTION FOR THE BIOME YOU ARE IN IN ITS CHEST (under ground potion in underground chest) and yes it should nearly replace teleportaion and recall potion (I would want this)
But after steampunker this pretty much becomes non useful

Some of these are too expensive.
For the fact that they teleport you instantaneously to any biome, these are actually not much more expensive than most potions are.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445745216,1445745170][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thougt the same as azu that how was this gonna be useful then i thougt my thougt and i came up to this: YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE EQUVALENT POTION FOR THE BIOME YOU ARE IN IN ITS CHEST (under ground potion in underground chest) and yes it should nearly replace teleportaion and recall potion (I would want this)
But after steampunker this pretty much becomes non useful
Sure I guess.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445745409][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, it looks like the inferno potion.

Have you added a new fish(hallow one), I don't remember fishing it.
Thats because it is an inferno potion. I ended up getting lazy with the sprites.
Also the hallow fish there is a chaos fish. It is rare.

What if someone uses a potion for a biome that doesn't exist in the current world? I think the debuff chaos state should be given to them.

This is amazing :D
maybe have underground variants for the hallow? an underprepared player using a hallow potion and getting teleported deep into the underground hallow would basically just be a rage inducer.
so maybe a requirement needs to be set to teleport to underground? same with corruption/crimson
i dunno. thinking for the players who are just wanting pixie dust from the surface. for potions.
but other than that this is awesome
@SnailsAttack

Back
Top Bottom