tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,452 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,587 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
So, in a multiplayer world (As Revengeance characters), a friend and I can't summon the Calamity Mod bosses - I tried spawning the Desert Scourge during both day and night, in the desert, and the noise played, and the item consumed, but the boss didn't spawn. We repeated this with Crabulon, again, in the Underground Glowing Mushroom - he spawned for a split second and then immediately despawned. For neither it said 'Bossname has awoken!'.

My current mod list is:
Calamity
Thorium
Tremor
Antisocial
Fargo's Mutant mod and Summons
Omniswing
imkSushi's Mod
imkSushi's Death Counter Mod
Shader Library
Item Customizer
Boss Checklist
Infinity - Endless Items
Solutions Mod

Before posting, I checked if any had an update. None did. Help would be appreciated - thanks!

Edit:
I remembered two other errors, and I'm not immediately assuming that it's this mod's fault but -
Ranged Weapons sometimes can't shoot. There seems to be no specific trigger - sometimes it's when the ranged user dies, sometimes it's on join.
Another is, again, possibly not Calamity's fault, but on hit, some enemies just despawn completely. Again, no specific trigger, it's just totally random.

Last edited:
So, in a multiplayer world (As Revengeance characters), a friend and I can't summon the Calamity Mod bosses - I tried spawning the Desert Scourge during both day and night, in the desert, and the noise played, and the item consumed, but the boss didn't spawn. We repeated this with Crabulon, again, in the Underground Glowing Mushroom - he spawned for a split second and then immediately despawned. For neither it said 'Bossname has awoken!'.

My current mod list is:
Calamity
Thorium
Tremor
Antisocial
Fargo's Mutant mod and Summons
Omniswing
imkSushi's Mod
imkSushi's Death Counter Mod
Shader Library
Item Customizer
Boss Checklist
Infinity - Endless Items
Solutions Mod

Before posting, I checked if any had an update. None did. Help would be appreciated - thanks!

Edit:
I remembered two other errors, and I'm not immediately assuming that it's this mod's fault but -
Ranged Weapons sometimes can't shoot. There seems to be no specific trigger - sometimes it's when the ranged user dies, sometimes it's on join.
Another is, again, possibly not Calamity's fault, but on hit, some enemies just despawn completely. Again, no specific trigger, it's just totally random.
Since I can't sleep, might as well reply to your post to save Absol the trouble.

This is the result of a mod conflict. Tremor is a likely cause of this, as Zadum himself said, it's a mod that has & causes many bugs. Try disabling it and then try again. If this doesn't work, try disabling other mods and pinpointing the culprit. It'd be appreciated if you could post your results in here so I can message the owner of the mod to work out the problem.

Since I can't sleep, might as well reply to your post to save Absol the trouble.

This is the result of a mod conflict. Tremor is a likely cause of this, as Zadum himself said, it's a mod that has & causes many bugs. Try disabling it and then try again. If this doesn't work, try disabling other mods and pinpointing the culprit. It'd be appreciated if you could post your results in here so I can message the owner of the mod to work out the problem.
Okay, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Edit: It was Item Customizer, which runs on Shader Library - the creator or some moderators may have to figure out compatibilities between Calamity and the Shadelib + Item Customizer.

Last edited:
Ayy, another music update:
It's finally here. "Scourge of The Universe", the new theme for the Devourer of Gods, has now hit the shelves. I dunno about you, but this song will generate a lot of sugar and salt. That's how I feel, anyway; the song itself should be available in the next Calamity update. As for the queue, the next song up on the list is "Unholy Insurgency", the theme for Providence, The Profaned God. Expect some heavy orchestra mixed in with some head-rockin' drum & bass.

Thanks for reading/listening.

If everything goes according to plan we're making the start of hardmode a lot less of a pain in the :red: in 1.2.

I despise the start of hardmode so we're making hardmode enemies easier to take down if you haven't smashed any of the demon altars yet in that world.

Also @orangepecan the DoG mechanic in revengeance is because it makes the boss more interesting and difficult. It's also just something I really wanted to implement because it sounded unique.

There is also the fact that it's revengeance mode...a mode on TOP of expert mode...so pretty much anything goes as long as players can still defeat it.

If everything goes according to plan we're making the start of hardmode a lot less of a pain in the :red: in 1.2.

I despise the start of hardmode so we're making hardmode enemies easier to take down if you haven't smashed any of the demon altars yet in that world.

Also @orangepecan the DoG mechanic in revengeance is because it makes the boss more interesting and difficult. It's also just something I really wanted to implement because it sounded unique.

There is also the fact that it's revengeance mode...a mode on TOP of expert mode...so pretty much anything goes as long as players can still defeat it.
Maybe create a limit of extra spawns (4 or 5) so there's multiple tactics to defeat him.

It's finally here. "Scourge of The Universe", the new theme for the Devourer of Gods, has now hit the shelves. I dunno about you, but this song will generate a lot of sugar and salt. That's how I feel, anyway; the song itself should be available in the next Calamity update. As for the queue, the next song up on the list is "Unholy Insurgency", the theme for Providence, The Profaned God. Expect some heavy orchestra mixed in with some head-rockin' drum & bass.

Wow, the song is AMAZING! My two personal favorite bosses have got their theme songs and they're awesome! Great job!

My friend has been having an issue with calamity mod recently. I noticed someone else in the forum has also had this problem but hasn't been answered yet.
Here's the link to the picture.
https://images.discordapp.net/attac...296/20170713144615_1.jpg?width=784&height=441
I'm pretty sure EnemyMods is Prefixes for Enemies, so i don't think that's related to calamity
MineCat is correct. Also if you go to that thread right now, you'll see the name "Kenneth" keeps popping up in everyone's error messages while using that mod as well.

It's great that Prefixes for Enemies has been updated, but I wouldn't recommend using it for now. There are some really nasty bugs in it at the moment, and currently isn't compatible with many (or any) other mods that add NPC's.

imAYyCB.png

Can somebody tell devourer of gods to stop trolling me?
and how to deal with this?

I have a question or two about that. What if you don't smash any demon altars? You know, getting all your metals and ores from crates? That has its advantages of not spreading corruption/crimson outside of its containment and means you don't have to scour the entirety of your world searching for that last tiny block. In such a case, I do hope you've something to keep that from breaking the difficulty of enemies if you've simply avoided doing that.:merchantwhat:

Another thing that kind of makes me kind of selfish, can you make the Celestial Onion a Revengeance mode exclusive item? It'd make sense given that the Demon Heart, another +1 accessory slot item, is locked behind Expert mode. I guess that's just me being a bit selfish since when Expert mode was released, the elite game mode at the time, I never went back to normal. I feel much the same way about your Revengeance mode.:merchanthappy:

I want to see some proper separation between the plebs and the pros.:merchantcool:

jk:merchantwink:

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been mentioned already but I'm playing on revengeance mode of the latest version and had the Vehemence drop for me from the WoF, I was wondering why it felt so op and looked it up to realize it's supposed an end game item.

It would be cool if revengence mode devour of gods would summon his sentinels during the fight, and also will there be more post moon lord bosses or even after supreme calamatas?

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but I'm playing on revengeance mode of the latest version and had the Vehemence drop for me from the WoF, I was wondering why it felt so op and looked it up to realize it's supposed an end game item.

It's possible that you might not be using the latest version of Calamity. Make certain that you are. Otherwise, if your world was create prior to the creation of Revengeance mode and the migration of Vehemence from the WoF to Supreme Calamitas, it's possible that your world may simply be bugged. Make a brand new world and kill the WoF to see if it happens again.

EDIT

Another detail I've left out. You might want to create a new character to do this given that Revengeance mode is exclusive per world meaning you'll need a new character that spawns with the Revengeance item. Then just use the item while on that world and kill the WoF with whatever character you please. Without doing so, it won't be count as being a Revengeance kill.

It would be cool if revengence mode devour of gods would summon his sentinels during the fight, and also will there be more post moon lord bosses or even after supreme calamatas?
More bosses are incoming, don't worry. Although the sentinel suggestion for the DoG would be interesting.:merchantwink:

Last edited:

FINALLY! :)
I already listened to it and it sounds much better than Last Battle (Ballos Mix).

Can't wait for Unholy Insurgency.

Amazing, better then Last Ballos definitely.

I can't initialize the mod...
There's some kind of error which says something like "Error loading song for example:EaterofGodsSong" or something like that.
This actually happened also to Tremor,Thorium and Spirit mod.
Anyone has any idea what might cause this?

No problem! I guess what made me raise my eyebrow was when you said that you made Revengeance mode for yourself. That implied to me that if you wanted to make it virtually impossible for your enjoyment, you would push that out publicly. I sure hope that doesn't happen.

That being said, I am now very confused about the way DoG works in Revegeance. I actually have zero issues with the way it's implemented, as long as the Wiki is correct:

Devourer of Gods: Spawns another Devourer of Gods at 300,000 life. Summoned Devourers of Gods can also summon Devourer of Gods when reduced to 300,000 life. A new Devourer of God cannot spawn if two Devourers of Gods are still alive.

Someone earlier suggested that there was a time limit to killing both DoGs before another would spawn anyway. Is this actually the way it works or is the wiki correct?

Someone earlier suggested that there was a time limit to killing both DoGs before another would spawn anyway. Is this actually the way it works or is the wiki correct?

Nope, no timer. I did a bit of further testing, but I can assure you there isn't one. For now...

Back
Top Bottom