can ' t donwloading url? ?

Scorpion05

Terrarian
On My samsung s3 (android) i Update terraria and when i open it i See the spinnig Thron charkram and under that Stands: Can't download url .
What does it mean? And how I can resolve the problem?

Does the game progress past that to the menu? Or does it remain on the screen with the spinning image?

My Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4 gets stuck on this too. When I try to open the game, it says "fetching download url" then "failed fetching download url." It then exits the game with an error: "Unfortunately Terraria has stopped. Report / OK."

Very frustrating.

The first time you ran it, did it go through the download and display the status bar and accompanied text as it was "installing"? Or has it always ended abruptly?

I've noticed this happens when the installation messes up and not all of the files are properly extracted into place. But the quick update process does not seem to do any kind of checking to make sure those files actually made it.

Uninstalling and clearing data before reinstall usually works... but you loose all your characters / worlds.

So will this mean I have to pay for it again if I uninstall it.

right so have done all of that and still not working, any ideas on what next?

Last edited:
How far does the game load?
Does the game load to the first or second splash screen? (the dev logos)
Or does it die immediately after the failed download message with a black background?

my phone (android) only gets to a black screen with the spinning chakram deal. I haven't been passed that point since the middle of January.

Same here, using the 2013 Nexus 7 running Lollipop, non rooted, willingly reinstalled knowing I'd lose my save but still doesn't work after reinstall

There's three outcomes it seems:
- Start the app and it hangs on the thorn chakram
- Fetching download URL - Failed to fetch download URL - app shuts down
- Fetching download URL - 505 games logo appears for a split second - app crashes

I was hoping the Easter update would address this but it hasn't

Same here, using the 2013 Nexus 7 running Lollipop, non rooted, willingly reinstalled knowing I'd lose my save but still doesn't work after reinstall

There's three outcomes it seems:
- Start the app and it hangs on the thorn chakram
- Fetching download URL - Failed to fetch download URL - app shuts down
- Fetching download URL - 505 games logo appears for a split second - app crashes

I was hoping the Easter update would address this but it hasn't

When you uninstall, manually remove these two folders:
  • /sdcard/Android/data/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid
  • /sdcard/Android/obb/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid

After you reinstall, BEFORE RUNNING GAME, check the sizes of those folders.

When you Run the game for the first time, close any running apps you don't need beforehand, as the installer does not seem to do well with any kind of latency when writing to disk.

After first run, if it continues to crash, check the directory sizes, they should both be about 52-53mb with /data having 51 files, and /obb having 1.

Then remove those two directories without uninstalling, and run game again. [took me 2 times before this fixed it on my S3]

If that doesn't work, feel free to message me and I can go into more detail and share fixes that have worked for me that require root access.

A FIX: Had uninstalled and reinstalled the game to repair it after a major glitch rendered it unplayable (later discovered glitch was possibly due to the phone randomly resetting it's date to 6 days earlier).

There was never an external micro SD card installed, so the error saying it couldn't find it starting the game didn't make sense. Checked the Android data and obb folders, yes files there with correct sizes.

The fix (s3 using jellybean), go to System Settings, Application Manager... Open Terraria... Clear cache and data. Game launchedinstantly... Kid bowed down to Mom's android skillz. :) Hope rescuessomeone else.

Back
Top Bottom