Items Cap Sidearm - an Upgrade to the Phoenix Blaster!

On a scale of 1/5, how much would you like this to be added?

• Can't answer that, 6 isn't between 1 and 5!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 5/5

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 4/5

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate this. Don't add it. (Explain why in comments, please..)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Count Yum

Official Terrarian
Ok, to start out, I will clarify the name. I got "Cap" from the top part of a mushroom (Due to Shroomite bars being used in crafting), and "Sidearm" is a generic name for smaller weapons such as pistols or other small firearms.

Next, a sprite, next to the Phoenix Blaster and the Handgun for comparison.

index.php

Onto the crafting...
To craft it, you would need:

Phoenix Blaster (x1)
Shroomite Bar (x10)
Eye of the Golem (x1)

I included the Eye of the Golem so it wouldn't be obtainable at the same time as the Venus Magnum, plus, I figured it would go along with the fact, since it IS and eye, that the sprite I made for it has a "Red Dot sight" on it. (If something would be more suitable than the Eye of the Golem for this, please tell me.. :sigh:)

Its statistics would be as seen below:

Damage - 39
Velocity - 15.5
Knockback - 4
Rarity - Yellow
Use Time - 8 (Insanely Fast)
Value - 10 gold

I gave it a bit better stats than the Venus Magnum, due to it being craftable later than the VM. I gave it higher damage than the S.D.M.G and Chaingun's stats due to it not being auto-fire-able.

It would have the added effect of bullets piercing up to four/five enemies. (Again, suggestions for this are very welcome!!!)

Of course, I would love it if I could get suggestions and/or comments on this. All feedback is welcome!

Attachments

• pb1.png
    pb1.png
    534 bytes · Views: 323
  • pb.5.png
    pb.5.png
    453 bytes · Views: 325
  • capsidearm.png
    capsidearm.png
    557 bytes · Views: 915
Last edited:
I can't see why not, seems good to me. I like the piercing effect. By the way, you might want to remove the Eye of the Golem and replace it with ectoplasm, since that is also post-planters and difficult to get. As well as that, the sprite is okay, but you might want to have it fit the shroomite feel more.

Shroomite_Bar.png
Shroomite_armor.png

Basicaly just make it more technological and shiny.

Alright, I changed the sprite's color pallet to match that of the shroomite equipment.

I couldn't find a way to make it look more techy.. Any suggestions?

I think you should lower the use time to 10 or 11, because hitting an enemy with a piercing weapon gives it ten frames of invincibility.

The Venus Magnum is already the upgrade, we might as well just add Shroomite to the Venus Magnum, which wouldn't be too bad.

I can see you've worked a good bit on this suggestion, and you've thought the concept out and included a name that actually means something, instead of something that comes to mind in barely a second. The problem is, this seems to me like another generic weapon suggestion. There is nothing really special about the idea, which makes it as dull as dishwater.

I'm sorry, no mean to offend, it's just this idea doesn't strike me as much as other suggestions might do. You've got things elaborated to a good standard, but I can't find anything new or original.

I can see you've worked a good bit on this suggestion, and you've thought the concept out and included a name that actually means something, instead of something that comes to mind in barely a second. The problem is, this seems to me like another generic weapon suggestion. There is nothing really special about the idea, which makes it as dull as dishwater.

I'm sorry, no mean to offend, it's just this idea doesn't strike me as much as other suggestions might do. You've got things elaborated to a good standard, but I can't find anything new or original.

Yeah, it isn't new, but it was meant to just be an upgrade to the Phoenix Blaster, which is actually pretty old...

(If something would be more suitable than the Eye of the Golem for this, please tell me.. :sigh:)

Its statistics would be as seen below:

Damage - 39
Velocity - 15.5
Knockback - 4
Rarity - Yellow
Value - 10 gold

I gave it a bit better stats than the Venus Magnum, due to it being craftable later than the VM. I gave it higher damage than the S.D.M.G and Chaingun's stats due to it not being auto-fire-able.
This isn't a phoenix blaster upgrade, its a venus magnum upgrade. Just because it looks similar too the PB doesn't mean it is. The VM is almost the exact same as the VM. Now lets look at all four stats stats together:
First, the Handgun
Damage 15
Knockback 3
Max stack 1
Velocity 10
Rarity
Use time
11 (Very Fast)
Sell 1 Gold
No Pierce
Then, the PB
Damage 23
Knockback 2
Max stack 1
Velocity 13
Rarity
Use time
10 (Very Fast)
Sell 1 Gold
Also No Pierce

And now, the VM
Damage 36
Knockback 5.5
Max stack 1
Velocity 13.5
Rarity
Use time
9 (Very Fast)
Value 5 gold
No pierce

Then yours
Damage - 39
Velocity - 15.5
Knockback - 4
Rarity - Yellow
Value - 10 gold
It would have the added effect of bullets piercing up to four/five enemies.
Notice something? The only thing worth it about this upgrade is the piercing, if one compares the stats, all it earns you for all that grinding for materials is the 1 extra gold to sell it for and piercing, extreme piercing, by the way. That is HUGE, and it frankly makes fighting crowds a breeze.

Notice something? The only thing worth it about this upgrade is the piercing, if one compares the stats, all it earns you for all that grinding for materials is the 1 extra gold to sell it for and piercing, extreme piercing, by the way. That is HUGE, and it frankly makes fighting crowds a breeze.

So, other ranged piercing weapons like the Pulse Bow, which pierces five times, and the Stake Launcher, which pierces up to TEN times make stuff way too easy?

Plantera drop = VM
Stake Launcher = Pumpkin Moon
Pulse Bow = Rng on top of Rng and costs money plus plantera.
I kinda see your point with the PB, but the SL is extremely endgame. It needs a buff to stats and less pierce.

Back
Top Bottom