Mobile Chaos Elemental

Scorpion05

Terrarian
It stands on the wiki too but i will now say it to all that the Chaos Elemental Spawning is too low...
i farmed like 400-500 Light Souls ... and there was no message: (player) killed 50 Chaos Elemental
i want to farm the Rod of Discord, but how i told its not possible!
And i looked like always on the screen... no message... i swear!

It stands on the wiki too but i will now say it to all that the Chaos Elemental Spawning is too low...
i farmed like 400-500 Light Souls ... and there was no message: (player) killed 50 Chaos Elemental
Does mobile even have "killed 50 X" messages at all? I thought that was a version 1.3 thing.

Hi Scorpion, there is a little bit of a trick to getting the Chaos Elementals to spawn in the mobile version. Part of the trick is to not have too much Hallow. Here is a good post that explains more. Pay special attention to Post #31, it shows that they can spawn quite a bit.
Rod of Discord

Does mobile even have "killed 50 X" messages at all? I thought that was a version 1.3 thing.
Yes, mobile does have the kill messages for every 50. Displaying banners does not give the buff that 1.3 introduced though.

I'll go ahead and say this to clear things up, it works way better to be in a "purity" area right beside hallow, i actually achieved this by digging out a 160ish wide by maybe 50-70 tall area, making rows of pure blocks on one side and pearl of the other, i used a 3block gaps (filled in with wood platforms) to switch between them. For ease i used alternating actuators on all the blocks (to drop everything to the bottom most row) went and filled in all the area below this farm 30 blocks deep to foce spawns inside.
Then walked around just high enough to see the lowest level. (Also IMPORTANT to make sure rows are 4 or 5 tall as they require that hight to teleport around) then all you ned to do is walk around in the purity side and find where hollow slimes and bats don't appear, inch yourself over and find that block, mark it and stay on the pure side. Helps to block the row near yourself and use a tile phasing weapon like the death sickle.

This works better because the elementals you want have a better chance to spawn with the purity mobs then hallow. As well they spawn on hallow blocks that fit their 4tall air requirements. I recently heard that lizhard bricks might increase overall spawn rates and caps not sure how that would work in this setup, but it may very well help.

I'll be honest with you, i probably killed 5,000 b4 i got one, but i did that on a device (in the latest update) with only 470ish mb of ram. So crashes may have cost me a few, and it took forever until i finally said :red:-it and built the full farm.

Ok. I purified some of it since then..but it was only the right side until the wood. The bottom area i filled in with silt and gave it an outer wall of stone bricks 3 thick. I used a 5 second timer to swich the actuators. (Used 2 wire types to split the actuation)
Screenshot_2016-10-18-13-55-11.png
Screenshot_2016-10-18-13-56-19.png
Screenshot_2016-10-18-13-55-34.png

Note dryad in the spawn shack to the right beside a helivator

Back
Top Bottom