Game Mechanics Character Presets

Terra B Welch

Empress of Light
After 1.3.1 was released, I noticed one of the changes was that now clothing style can be changed via a dresser, which is awesome, however I also would love to see character presets.

Character presets would simply be this, the ability to save your existing characters as presets and use them for new characters, much like with Dark Souls 3.

Character presets would save Hair Style, Hair Color, Clothes Style, Clothes Colors, Skin Color, Eye Color and Gender. It would not save the character's inventory, just the look of the character as if he/she just started off.

I feel like this is something needed, especially for people with certain characters they like and would love to be able to easilly make them as a new character again, especially since colors arent shown as numbers anymore, rather just color bars, it's hard to recreate your character in exact detail to your old one, so the ability to save characters as presets would be really nice to have in my opinion.

Nice suggestion. The amount of same characters I wanted to create lately, and the time I spent to make them all look the same... ughhh. You have my support!
70bdbb.jpg

Yes, I support this. This would be an amazing and convenience-adding feature. One question, though. Would it work like having an option above the --core you want as presets, where all the presets are listed? And could you name them, like Jeff('s preset), Gary('s Preset)?

Yes, I support this. This would be an amazing and convenience-adding feature. One question, though. Would it work like having an option above the --core you want as presets, where all the presets are listed? And could you name them, like Jeff('s preset), Gary('s Preset)?

The idea would be there would be a new button on the character select screen (near the existing cloud, play, etc buttons), when clicked you can type in the name that you want to save the preset as.

The character creation menu will have a new option, "Load Preset" which when selected will load up your list of saved presets, after that just click the one you want to load and it loads it.

looks good, i support! i usually use inventory editors to get my preferred character, but this would be great.

oh yeah, and this is kind of off-topic, but would you mind telling me which minecraft mods you use?

Yeah, I hate how they don't show the numbers any more. They should have left the numbers in so you can change it by typing in the numbers, or moving the slider. I hate it being just the slider now. `:mad:

Another way this could work, and accomplish basically the same thing, is a button on the character creation screen to copy the looks from an existing character.

Back
Top Bottom