Items Cloak of Feathers

First off, I might want to change the name but have no other name for it. It'll come. Maybe.
Now for the actual suggestion!

The Cloak of Feathers!
Crafted with 200 Silk, 30 Feathers, 1 Giant Harpy Feather, 1 Ice Feather, and 1 Fire Feather.

What does it do, you ask? Well, first, it makes Harpys harmless mobs! It's the Royal Gel of the sky! As well as that, it prevents wyverns from spawning, so that your floating city can be re-populated.
Also, it appears during flight, no matter what. The Cloak will be fluttering out behind you. It gives you a 25% increase in flight time, as well as a 8% increase in flight speed.
The last thing it does is it changes gliding. Now, as you glide, your sprite turns into a bird with all the feathers used in the recipe. You fall slower and move forward faster.
The vanity for this item is strange. if you put it in the top vanity accessory slot, it will just appear as a cloak all the time. However, as you put it in lower slots, your character begins to look more and more bird-like, peaking at the forth, when they look much like an Avian from Starbound. If you put it in the fifth slot, your sprite changes to a large bird.
It can also be combined with the Celestial Shell to make a Celestial Cloak, which combines the abilities of both. (maybe too OP?)

I am terrible at balancing, so if you would like, leave some constructive criticism in the comments.
(also, if anyone could sprite, I would be thankful:))​

Last edited:
Currently it seems massively underpowered, requiring post plantera things to protect against prehardmode enemies. Something that would make many people happy would be warding against Wyverns, however.

Good so far as said above a bit UP. maybe it should apply to wyverns bodies but not the head or tail. Or perhaps It doesn't need fire feather, bone feather, and ice feather. Also it should be able to be able to be combined with the celestial shell. Lastly, I think the winter cape should be replaced by lots of silk because sometimes, the travelling Merchant just hates everyone.

Currently it seems massively underpowered, requiring post plantera things to protect against prehardmode enemies. Something that would make many people happy would be warding against Wyverns, however.
Well, actually, what I was thinking was that Harpys are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!! I hate them. I really do.
But, yes, that is a good point. I will add that in.

Good so far as said above a bit UP. maybe it should apply to wyverns bodies but not the head or tail. Or perhaps It doesn't need fire feather, bone feather, and ice feather. Also it should be able to be able to be combined with the celestial shell. Lastly, I think the winter cape should be replaced by lots of silk because sometimes, the travelling Merchant just hates everyone.
Yes. Those are some good points. But... well... I don't really understand about the wyverns.

Sounds like a useful thing, not only are harpies annoying, it is a cool flight boost as well.
I support. Bonus points if you can put one in vanity to look like a bird all the time.

I think this needs to be buffed or tweaked in some way, as it seems to be quite a grind for a very situational utility. The flight boost is nice, sure, but the rest of it's functions seem too specific for me to want to grind for it.

Back
Top Bottom