Official Console and Mobile updates ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

505Games

Publisher/Developer
Staff member
505 Games
Hello console and mobile Terrarians!

We are in the home stretch! The teams are submitting the updates to the various platforms this week. This includes XB1, X360, PS4, PS3, PSVita, Windows Phone, iOS, Amazon, and Google Play. If all goes well, you should be playing the update by Christmas! Once we have approvals, I will try to update you with the details.

Mobile users will be 100% up-to-date with PC 1.2.4, barring any technically-impossible things.

Consoles (XB1, X360, PS4, PS3, PSVita) will be missing a handful of content (listed below) that will be added during Q1 of 2016 due to the new and improved QA team being rockstars. This ultimately left us with a choice: more content with more bugs, less content with fewer bugs, or an approximate 2 month delay. We decided that providing a more stable game within the time window that we gave is most important, so we prioritized the bug fixing over the missing content or the delay. Again, our plan is to add the missing content – along with any additional fixes needed that come up post-launch – as soon as possible in early 2016. We feel it's the best path overall and will continue to keep you as up-to-date as we can.

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
  • Wearable Accessories
  • Chest Naming
  • Infinite Wiring
  • Ability to change Hair Style in-game
  • Ability to change your default clothing at a dresser
  • Vanity Wings (dyable)
  • Ability to place Switches and levers on a wall

MECHANIC CHANGES/BALANCE
  • BALANCE: Reintroduce Re-Spawn timer
  • BALANCE: Other Balance changes
  • Reintroduce Coin Gun (loot – pirate invasion)
  • IMPROVEMENT: Overwrite console auto-dig code with PC auto-dig code
  • BUG: Reduce ore sparkles brightness
  • BUG: Don't show enemies names when they are in darkness.
  • BUG: Only auto-place 1 torch per press
  • BUG: Heart crystal plays shatter sounds every hit, instead of when it breaks
  • Remember hits for tiles
  • ART: Update splash screen
  • BUG: Fix minion sacrificing code (bug: The Tempest Staff fails to summon Sharknado if another minion is already present.)

NPCs
  • Stylist

ITEMS
Firefly in a Bottle
Lightning Bug in a Bottle
Mallard Duck Cage
Monarch Butterfly Jar
Purple Emperor Butterfly Jar
Red Admiral Butterfly Jar
Ulysses Butterfly Jar
Sulphur Butterfly Jar
Tree Nymph Butterfly Jar
Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly Jar
Julia Butterfly Jar
Spectre Mask
Diamond Ring
Crimson Cloak
Mysterious Cape
Red Cape
Winter Cape
Bee Headgear
Bee Breastplate
Bee Greaves
Hornet Staff
Imp Staff
Queen Spider Staff
Spider Mask
Spider Breastplate
Spider Greaves
Slimy Saddle
Bee Wax
Sail
Honeyed Goggles
Optic Staff
Spider Staff
Pirate Staff
Slime Hook
Sticky Grenade
Molotov Cocktail
Spider Fang
Slime Gun
Seashell
Starfish
Blue Dungeon Chandelier
Green Dungeon Chandelier
Pink Dungeon Chandelier
Weapon Rack
Fireworks Box
Firework Fountain
Music Box – Pumpkin Moon
Music Box – Alt Underground
Music Box – Frost Moon
Music Box – Underground Crimson
Life Hair Dye
Mana Hair Dye
Depth Hair Dye
Money Hair Dye
Time Hair Dye
Team Hair Dye
Biome Hair Dye
Party Hair Dye
Rainbow Hair Dye
Speed Hair Dye
Hair Dye Remover
Ducky Wallpaper
Confetti Block
Confetti Wall
Confetti Block - Black
Confetti Wall - Black
Living Fire Block

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY glad that everything is in submission! Congrats on the milestone for everyone. Now we wait on the Apples and Sonys and Microsofts of the world. :)

On the console front - quite unfortunate, but I would have made the same choice. Glad there is at least a plan to fast-track the missing stuff. Also glad the extra time on bugs was taken - really hoping that yields a cleaner and more stable game in the end.

I am beyond excited to see all the console and mobile Terrarians finally get their hands on all this amazing content! Be sure to share all the amazing builds and experiences that you have (plus any issues) once you do! :)

Yes! I'm gonna love this update, I can do frostmoon (if updated then) and get some good loot from it, I wonder what other seasonal events will be created for Terraria, we have Halloween, Christmas, maybe we could do something like a holiday more offbrand? I cant really think of any right now.

Great! Going to create a new world when the update rolls out, and start from pre-hardmode with a new character! Hope they fixed random crashes on android though, or the update wont be enough enjoyable.

:( dang i was looking forward to dyable wings and accesories. at least we get mounts.

on a bright note... THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH 505!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE BEEN WAITING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG FOR THIS! EVEN IF WE HAVE TO WAIT TO PLAY ALL OF 1.2.4 WE GET SO MANY NEW SICK THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom