NPCs & Enemies Desert boss- Antlion queen!

Good?

• Total voters

Braquen

Dungeon Spirit
The desert is boring. Nothing exciting ever happens there. So I figured that a boss would certainly spruce things up!
The antlion queen appears as a worm enemy with an elongated body and large mandibles.

Summoning
The boss is summoned by using an antlion egg, a 5% hard mode drop from antlion enemies (chargers etc.)

Phase one
Max health-5000
100 damage (melee)
76 damage (projectiles)
5 defense
The antlion queen has a "mixed AI". It jumps around and attacks like a worm, occasionally stopping and attacking like a clinger.
The queen fires sand balls and will sometimes fire an antlion egg that hatches into an antlion enemy. It has a 50% chance to become an antlion, a 35% to become a charger, and a 15% to become a swarmer.

Phase two
Max health-6000
110 Damage (melee)
90 damage (projectile)
15 defense
The antlion queen grows spines all over her body and now fires quick, five shot bursts of sand balls. Melee attacks (excluding beams from swords, flails and yo-yos) will cause the player to take 40 damage. Antlion eggs now have an even chance of each antlion enemy.

Drops
Antlion staff
Summons an antlion to fight for you!
35 summon damage
Sentry style
Sand balls dissipate on contact with the ground, an enemy or a hostile player. They do NOT spawn sand.

Sand storm (spell book)
Attack your enemies with the desert's wrath!
42 magic damage
Slow speed
Weak Knockback
Fires a slow cloud of dust that pushes back enemies and projectiles

Antlion mandible
10-15

Gold coins

That's all for now. Give me your feed back!

I had the same idea about the desert being boring. I made a post about my Enraged Cactus boss about a month ago. Good to see someone has the same idea as me. :)

I like the see that the Antlion Queen idea's revived. Perhaps you could add more to the throwing class (similar to my suggestion)?

Back
Top Bottom