Items Drunk Mans Flask _ Auto Potion Consumption

I mean, maybe, but if it only holds one stack of potions, it's probably not worth much. You can just press the quick-buff button.

Maybe slight modification to this: make it so it's an accessory that causes you to automatically keep refreshing any buffs that expire that you have active. (IE: if you have ironskin potions, it wouldn't constantly consume them until you've consumed one, and would consume another one when it runs out. This would continue to happen until you either run out of that potion, or manualy clear the effect.) It would work for as many potions as possible. (If you had your ironskin potions in that loop, and then consumed a regeneration potion, the regeneration potions would then begin to loop, while not stopping the ironskin potion's loop.)

I mean, maybe, but if it only holds one stack of potions, it's probably not worth much. You can just press the quick-buff button.
When I have multiple buffs on or I'm doing a task I often miss when a single buff runs out, this would rebuff that automatically even if I missed it. Also I don't always wanna drink every potion I have in my inventory, if I am caving and my shine potion runs out quick buff would make me drink one of every potion I gathered while caving instead of just the shine potion I wanted to drink. The item is not meant to increase the amount of potions you can carry but to make it easier to use the ones you want active all the time.

Maybe slight modification to this: make it so it's an accessory that causes you to automatically keep refreshing any buffs that expire that you have active. (IE: if you have ironskin potions, it wouldn't constantly consume them until you've consumed one, and would consume another one when it runs out. This would continue to happen until you either run out of that potion, or manualy clear the effect.) It would work for as many potions as possible. (If you had your ironskin potions in that loop, and then consumed a regeneration potion, the regeneration potions would then begin to loop, while not stopping the ironskin potion's loop.)
While I don't dislike that idea with how many accessories there are in the game and how important they are to a characters build I would never use one for a quality of life feature.

Shimmer permabuff then? (It'd probably be toggleable, kind of like Torch God's favor, despite that item not being something involving the shimmer.)
Not a permabuff but like how you said it simply consumes a potion whenever your buff runs out (as long as you have potions to consume). The only differences between your idea and mine is mine is placed in your inventory instead of an accessory slot and and it only works for the one potion at a time.

I'm thinking something like a void bag but it only has one slot and when you place a stack of potions or other consumables in that slot it will automatically consume that item when ever that buff runs out as long as it still has items to consume.

Maybe there could be a better version that could be acquired later game which has more slots just to save some inventory space if you are using a bunch of potions all of the time.

Not a permabuff but like how you said it simply consumes a potion whenever your buff runs out (as long as you have potions to consume). The only differences between your idea and mine is mine is placed in your inventory instead of an accessory slot and and it only works for the one potion at a time.

I'm thinking something like a void bag but it only has one slot and when you place a stack of potions or other consumables in that slot it will automatically consume that item when ever that buff runs out as long as it still has items to consume.

Maybe there could be a better version that could be acquired later game which has more slots just to save some inventory space if you are using a bunch of potions all of the time.
So, a pouch that automatically consumes only the potion inside that pouch? It would be very convenient for avoiding drinking the wrong potion and running out of an effect. And I could see it being upgraded with more slots.

Great idea. "Drunk Man's Flask" is a bit on the nose, I'd recommend "Hip Flask" or "Beer Hat". It can't be sold by the Tavernkeep because he has a completely full shop inventory post-Golem, so some other NPC maybe (demolistionist if we want to keep the drunkard theme, otherwise witch doctor).

Great idea. "Drunk Man's Flask" is a bit on the nose, I'd recommend "Hip Flask" or "Beer Hat". It can't be sold by the Tavernkeep because he has a completely full shop inventory post-Golem, so some other NPC maybe (demolistionist if we want to keep the drunkard theme, otherwise witch doctor).
Umm… PIRATE!!

Back
Top Bottom