Weapons & Equip eel whip

We are already getting an eel-like whip according to some snapshots

1709085683910.png

got from oceanic creates while fishing in hardmode. 0 summon tag. Gives your minions/Sentries a buff which increases its attack speed.
This isn't easy to implement because tag effects are currently limited to special effects triggered when the enemy gets hit. This would require custom AI changes to minions and would be messy.

An easier and more thematically appropriate effect would be to turn it into basically a pre-Hardmode Dark Harvest.

This isn't easy to implement because tag effects are currently limited to special effects triggered when the enemy gets hit. This would require custom AI changes to minions and would be messy.

An easier and more thematically appropriate effect would be to turn it into basically a pre-Hardmode Dark Harvest.
I was thinking of it like that first too but when a mac player like me uses the dark harvest it ends up lagging the game soo much its un useable.

I think this could work tbh, Summoner is the only class to not have a weapon gotten from fishing, so maybe it could be caught at the Jungle, similar to the Crystal Serpent, Baldetongue and Toxikarp, I actually have a sprite for an item like this (though it was obtained in Early Hardmode as an alternative to the Cool Whip and Firecracker that slowed enemy movement down) that I made back in 2020, here it is (with substantial revisions)!

Terraria Eel Whip.png

(it's supposed to be kinda like Durendal where it's a segmented sword instead of a proper whip, though idk if that's communicated well in the sprite lol)

It could also drop from blood eels. I know it's not balanced, getting both whips and summons but it gives you decent weapons early hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom