Weapons & Equip Emblems are Music Boxes: The Final Fix

Dang, I had this idea forever ago...should'a made it into a thread...Anyway, nice job Baconfry, you've done it again.:happy:
Seal of Approval.png

Am I really the only person that thinks the Avenger Emblem, an ingredient for an incredibly powerful endgame accessory, isn't too easy to get. I know grinding isn't fun but you have to have some dedication to get said accessory. Giving an emblem for sure plus one of the weapons is going to give you a head start in Hard Mode or about double the cash from WoF.

This is on the same level as suggestions to increase the drop rate on [item x]. Making the game easier doesn't make it more fun.
I don't really see what you're getting at, because killing the WoF four times (finding four Voodoo Demons) still isn't easy enough for you to say it requires "no dedication". If you define "dedication" as "killing the same boss repeatedly dozens of times over and over"... well, I shouldn't have to say that. No one does.

Nevertheless, I will specify a sell price of 10 Silver for the Trainee Emblem, just to address the second issue you brought up.

I dislike the reason for the emblem to transform, mainly the fact that its tied to your helmet.

I propose adding a counter to the emblem, that will count the amount of damage you deal with each damage type. (4 counters)
Once one of the counters reaches a specific number, lets say 1k, the trainee emblem will transform into the emblem representing the damage type you dealt 1k with.
Now THIS is a superior solution, much better than helmet slots. I'll be making edits shortly. Thank you, zimber!

I think it'd be better if we could just craft it into whatever Emblem we want.
No having to wait around for it to go "Ding! It's done, you stupid!" no having to avoid weapons that aren't whichever class you want the emblem to be, and no general (milky) bull:red:.
6000 damage at that point in the game with 1 damage type isn't that bad, sounds like 5 minutes at most. It sounds less grindy than finding materials to use in crafting to me at least.

6000 damage at that point in the game with 1 damage type isn't that bad, sounds like 5 minutes at most. It sounds less grindy than finding materials to use in crafting to me at least.
It wouldn't be finding materials, it'd just be more "Get Emblem, open up inventory, craft Emblem of your choice using the Trainee Emblem or whatever it is called, bam"
Now whenever something like "Restrict player to do X but he can still do Y" things pop up (like doing the 6k damage thing) it tends to make me go full on "I CANT DO Y BECAUSE Y = BAD" in the brain.
Which is why I freak out so much during the Mech fights.
...I hate time limits.

It wouldn't be finding materials, it'd just be more "Get Emblem, open up inventory, craft Emblem of your choice using the Trainee Emblem or whatever it is called, bam"
v8ccqht.jpg

Why not? Because why not let the WoF just drop the avenger emblem after 3 kills? It would be exactly the same...

The thing I like about the Trainee Emblem is that you get a feeling that you're training with it together. Like it's a Pokémon, sort of.

On the other hand, crafting is a bit impersonal. In fact, I feel like I should propose a sort of... hold on, brb.

i tend to be quite unlucky when it comes to emblems, but usually i get the one i need for my class, and then i use that. i dont oftenly get the avenger emblem at all.
but when i do, i get really happy!:p

Now whenever something like "Restrict player to do X but he can still do Y" things pop up (like doing the 6k damage thing) it tends to make me go full on "I CANT DO Y BECAUSE Y = BAD" in the brain.
Which is why I freak out so much during the Mech fights.
...I hate time limits.
...BUT IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG TO DEAL 6K AT THAT POINT IN THE GAME o_O you are literally just took down a boss with 8K, and if you can't beat wall of flesh in like 8 minutes, you're :red:ed.

These two small suggestions are amazing. Everything you proposed is perfect. Well done
PSTLE

The end to the grinding is here.

Can't get the avenger emblem on class specific playthroughs, though.

I do like this as a solution, but something needs to be done about that.

Can't get the avenger emblem on class specific playthroughs, though.

I do like this as a solution, but something needs to be done about that.
The goofballs who forbid themselves from using weapons from specific classes for no real reason?

I'm not doing anything to help those guys. What they're doing is kind of like taking only math courses in college and seeing how far they get in life. In real life, people benefit from having an open mind. Same thing here. A "class-specific playthrough" is an arbitrary restriction that people place on themselves. Much like creating a hardcore character, and I never aim to please hardcore players.

The goofballs who forbid themselves from using weapons from specific classes for no real reason?

I'm not doing anything to help those guys. What they're doing is kind of like taking only math courses in college and seeing how far they get in life. In real life, people benefit from having an open mind. Same thing here. A "class-specific playthrough" is an arbitrary restriction that people place on themselves. Much like creating a hardcore character, and I never aim to please hardcore players.

Fair enough. I could always just use a second character on another restricted playthrough and share items, I suppose.

r equip an Extendo Grip, mine an ore pocket that they can't otherwise reach, and then unequip it.
isn't that what you're supposed to do with extendo grip? :p are there people who wear them all the time
[DOUBLEPOST=1421380586][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dislike the reason for the emblem to transform, mainly the fact that its tied to your helmet.

I propose adding a counter to the emblem, that will count the amount of damage you deal with each damage type. (4 counters)
Once one of the counters reaches a specific number, lets say 1k, the trainee emblem will transform into the emblem representing the damage type you dealt 1k with.
-OR-
After a random period of time it will transform into the emblem representing the damage type you dealt the most damage with in that period.
definitely better than hats

EDIT- bacon edited the op... i take back my like. emblem should stay dropped by wall of flesh not mimics

Last edited:
@SzGamer227, you should stop going into defense mode every time I oppose an idea of either you or @Baconfry. This isn't the first time that this has happened.

Alright, so grinding is more fun. Got it...

No idea how the hell you turned my comment 180 degrees, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't in a logically valid way. Either way, I can't defend this because I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to get across.

Wait, you think that grinding for the Avenger Emblem is fun? o_O Because if you don't think that grinding for the Avenger Emblem is fun, then reducing the amount of grinding can only be making the game more fun. Why the hate?
Logical fallacy.

Grinding for the Avenger Emblem isn't fun. Having the Avenger Emblem and all the options that that opens is. Those two things balance each other, you have to go through some hardship for a reward. What this suggestion would do is simply reduce the hardship yet leave the reward unchanged, which I don't agree with.

I oppose suggestions that are short-term solutions that disrupt balance in the long term because the suggestors don't think them through enough. I support suggestions that are thought through properly and out-of-the-box. This suggestion is the former, as well as others that I have opposed. Take that as you will.

This is rapidly turning into an argument where "Rarity =/= Balance" comes to play. -_-

The term "balance" goes a lot farther than just equipment stats, if that's what you think I'm referring to. Spending a lot of time mining Chlorophyte in a dangerous biome balances powerful weapons, spawning solely in a hard to accidentally reach biome balances a powerful miniboss that allow for Wings to be crafted and killing a difficult to spawn boss numerous times balances a powerful accessory.

Also, "Rarity != balance" is one of my foremost criteria for a good suggestion, if I thought this suggestion would be breaking that rule I would have pointed it out.

Back
Top Bottom