Game Mechanics Enemies picking up coins

Paige

Pixel Pirate
An enemy picked up 1 plat that I dropped and then despawned. I think it's a cool idea for enemies to pick up coins, but it really doesn't add anything to the game, and in this case it :red:ed me over. Enemy AI and mechanics could certainly be improved, as the devs seemed to have acknowledged when working on 1.3, but this mechanic doesn't really make much sense. My suggestion is to either take away this mechanic, or at least make it useful somehow.

Enemies only pick up coins if your world is in expert mode. I find it a pain but expert mode is meant to be hard. Its like losing coins in the underworld and they drop into lava.

Yes, bring a piggy bank
I have a Money Trough but it's just stupid that the enemies who hold your money can despawn. If you're gonna make expert mode like this, at least make it so the coin-holding enemies don't despawn.

Sorry, but I don't see any problem here that could be considered the game's fault. Enemies never run away from me with any significant sum of money, because having the Money Through and using it often fixes the issue of me having any money for them to steal.

Expert Mode needs no nerfs. Players playing it need "buffs."

Reactions: Qw2
Sorry, but I don't see any problem here that could be considered the game's fault. Enemies never run away from me with any significant sum of money, because having the Money Through and using it often fixes the issue of me having any money for them to steal.

Expert Mode needs no nerfs. Players playing it need "buffs."
Did you not read any of this? You can't use it 24/7, sometimes you die. What I'm saying here is just that the enemy shouldn't despawn. It's bull:red: that an enemy can take all my money and then just despawn with it. I don't see how anyone could disagree with that. If enemies stole items I'm sure you wouldn't be as pleased when you accidentally drop something out of your inventory, or maybe you would just say "Well don't drop things out of your inventory. Duh." Like dude, I'm not doing it on purpose.

Enemies that steal your money shouldn't despawn. Enemies also shouldn't pick up money dropped by other mobs, to prevent a large number of money holding enemies building up and lagging the game.

Did you not read any of this? You can't use it 24/7, sometimes you die. What I'm saying here is just that the enemy shouldn't despawn. It's bull:red: that an enemy can take all my money and then just despawn with it. I don't see how anyone could disagree with that. If enemies stole items I'm sure you wouldn't be as pleased when you accidentally drop something out of your inventory, or maybe you would just say "Well don't drop things out of your inventory. Duh." Like dude, I'm not doing it on purpose.

While I agree that they shouldn't despawn, "you can't use it 24/7" doesn't really apply when you have accumulated a platinum piece without using it. That, or you are earning enough money that a platinum piece doesn't matter anymore.

Welcome to expert mode :dryadwink:

If it helps, I was having the same problem before learning that I should be saving my money on the piggy bank. You don't need to walk around carrying money to buy items from merchants anymore, as your piggy bank savings can be used automatically on a shop. So the best thing you can do is always store any money you have as soon as you get to your base.

It might seem like a frustrating mechanic, but as the "expert" name suggests, you have to be a bit more strategical with your actions. After all, what purpose deaths would serve on a survival game without a penalty?

And remember, enemies picking money is expert mode only. They don't do that on normal mode.

Welcome to expert mode :dryadwink:

If it helps, I was having the same problem before learning that I should be saving my money on the piggy bank. You don't need to walk around carrying money to buy items from merchants anymore, as your piggy bank savings can be used automatically on a shop. So the best thing you can do is always store any money you have as soon as you get to your base.

It might seem like a frustrating mechanic, but as the "expert" name suggests, you have to be a bit more strategical with your actions. After all, what purpose deaths would serve on a survival game without a penalty?

And remember, enemies picking money is expert mode only. They don't do that on normal mode.
Yeah thanks man, but uh, kinda already uh...got that...Now we're just talking about how they shouldn't despawn. It's not really a huge complaint but it's just one of those little things that can frustrate you, when the enemies pick up your coins and then despawn.

Back
Top Bottom