tModLoader Erebus Mod [Spriters Needed!] [WIP]

DimentioJester

Terrarian
Hello Terraria Community, I apologize for the lack of updates, and unfortunately, I do not have as much progress done as I would have like by this point. I have more ideas and I Need the help of the community to assist me in making this mod reach fruition, In order to spark interest in some, I have decided to host a little "Content contest"

And because I know you are all used to hearing rules for such a contest lets start with the fun part: The Prize.

Prize (The fun part):

1. A set of custom Developer Armor (Craftable or Expert Drop, your choice)
2. A Boss of your idea and design
3. A Pet or Mount of Your Design

Note: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th can choose 1 of these, while 1st Place receives all.

The Contest:

In order to allow the current concept list to be completed, I am seeking help from the community in you guys. The contest will be scored by points. I am seeking anything off of the 11/6 Concept list, or any of your own content. Whoever earns the most points will earn the prize. This contest will run until January 1st. Point values are as follows:

• Concept List Item Sprite = 5 Points
  • Concept List Item Code = 10 Points
  • Concept List Boss Sprite = 12 Points
  • Concept List Boss Code = 15 Points

Custom Content will be scored as follows
  • Custom Item Sprite = 7 Points
  • Custom Item Code = 11 Points
  • Custom Boss Sprite = 12 Points
  • Custom Boss Code = 17 Points

Bosses:

I understand that there are not any publicly released ideas from the concept list for bosses. I plan to solve this problem right now.

There will be 7 Post-Golem bosses, Each one representing the Seven Deadly Sins.
There will also be a Bone Serpent-Based Boss in the Hardmode Underworld.
Other than these, all bosses will be assumed as custom.

Rules for Submission
  1. All submissions containing ALL of the work you want evaluated will be sent to me in a personal message (DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST WITH YOUR WORK)
  2. I will only accept one submission per account, but there is no limit to how much you can submit within that one message from that one account.
  3. Please Clarify within your message which items are custom, and which are from the concept list (Failure to comply with this Honesty Policy will result in immediate disqualification)
  4. Please ensure that any and all code Works in game prior to submitting, Defective code will not be scored.
  5. If I see that you are not taking your submission seriously, I have the power to make it null and void.
  6. Have fun and be creative! :happy:

Greetings modding community I have ideas and prospects for a mod which I have named the Erebus mod! I am capable of coding, but I like the artistic capabilities to make these ideas reach one-hundred percent fruition, I am looking for a group of people who are willing to help me.

1-2 Concept providers
1-3 Spriters [REQUIRED, HIGH DEMAND]
0-1 Assisting Coders

Right now every idea that I have is simply that, a concept but I can provide just that: a concept list.

Accessories:

Spectre Glove:
Crafted at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
Fire Gauntlet + Warrior Emblem + 5 Spectre Bars
Effects:
+ 110% knockback
+ 20% Melee Damage
+ 15% Melee Attack Speed
+ Upon Hitting an enemy, 3 Homing spirit projectiles spawn and attack the nearest enemy with 75% of full damage

Honor Emblem
Drops from the Wall of Flesh
Effects:
Reduces damage taken by 15 %

Mercenary Emblem
Crafted at a Tinker's Workshop
Ranger Emblem + Warrior Emblem + 1 Soul of Might + 1 Soul of Sight + 1 Soul of Fright
Effects:
+20% Melee Damage
+20% Ranged Damage
+10% Movement Speed

Attuned Emblem
Summoner Emblem + Sorcerer Emblem + 1 Soul of Might + 1 Soul of Sight + 1 Soul of Fright
Effects:
+20% Magic Damage
+20% Minion Damage
+ Permanent Mana Regeneration Buff

Weapons:

-Spears for Each Ore Pre-Hardmode

- A bow and spear equivalent to the Nights edge

[Concept Providers Wanted]

There are no Bosses, Enemies, or NPCs implimented as of yet, as this is all merely a concept list, if you are interested in spriting, please show me some of your work via message, I will begin coding what concepts I have previously mentioned, thank you all so much terraria community.

Last edited:
Hey man, I'd really love to help you out with your sprites! I've made a spectre glove sprite to get your opinion... P.S. Sorry if it's not a good quality sprite, i did it in like 2 mins lol
Spectre_Glove.png

i could be a concept provider. i suck at spriting and coding, but i have lots of ideas.
also, the mercenary, honor, and attuned emblems seem kinda OP. they're much more powerful than the avenger emblem, which is harder to get.

I plan to release a download once I have finished all the concept that I currently have in plan which currently includes

Everything on the original post
7 New Bosses
7 Armor Tiers
7 Toolsets

I know people are expecting a release, but please respect that this is my first mod, and that I am the only coder, and my life outside of the terraria community

Edited @DoomBringer's sprite to look less like a recolor:
Spectre_Glove.png

Did the Night's Edge bow variant as well:
Night'sBow.png

And this Emblem, I guess it could work for either of the combinations:
Soul Emblem.png

I've got high hopes for this mod! The way you've presented your information is very well done, and lets people know exactly what to expect. I appreciate that, and hope these pieces of eye candy allow this mod to go far. I may or may not do more sprites if I feel like it :p

I have already done the sprites and have sent them but he hasn't put them on the thread yet.

Edited @DoomBringer's sprite to look less like a recolor:
View attachment 147774

Did the Night's Edge bow variant as well:
View attachment 147775

And this Emblem, I guess it could work for either of the combinations:
View attachment 147776

I've got high hopes for this mod! The way you've presented your information is very well done, and lets people know exactly what to expect. I appreciate that, and hope these pieces of eye candy allow this mod to go far. I may or may not do more sprites if I feel like it :p
Awesome work, bro!

Oh my gosh, Guys, I am falling in love with the way these sprites are turning out, I may release an alpha as a Christmas present to you all! :passionate:;(
(once again please respect that I am the only coder)

I'll consider making sprites, havent sprited in awhile and i love weapon designing.

(if no one does the pre hm ore spears while i do some work on those i would appreciate it)

Also, do you have any code yet, dimentio?

I'll consider making sprites, havent sprited in awhile and i love weapon designing.

(if no one does the pre hm ore spears while i do some work on those i would appreciate it)

Also, do you have any code yet, dimentio?
I am counting points based upon the total amount submitted, I have some of the code, but if you are looking for points, write it yourself.

I am counting points based upon the total amount submitted, I have some of the code, but if you are looking for points, write it yourself.
Nah, points are just for narcissistic self/idea inserts. I just want an excuse to make some sprites n :red:.
[doublepost=1481498060,1481498007][/doublepost]
Hey man, I'd really love to help you out with your sprites! I've made a spectre glove sprite to get your opinion... P.S. Sorry if it's not a good quality sprite, i did it in like 2 mins lol
View attachment 147112
It's literally just a recolor....

Reactions: 000
Back
Top Bottom