Ever feel cheated?

Goblin_Tinkerer.png

Every now and then, when you detach a Life Fruit from the ground it just :red:ing disappears.

Gathering Life Fruits is a tiresome chore to begin with, and in some playthroughs this has occurred multiple times.

Having to spend so much time finding items. I wouldn't mind actually searching for them (Life Fruit, and Ankh Charm items) if I didn't get tons of that one item after I got what I wanted after searching for an hour. It's just a slap in the face.

Last edited:
Explosive Traps ever since 1.3 when they made them insta-kill until you get Beetle/Solar Armor.

I can understand making them do 500+ damage when they have a big detonator that's impossible to miss, but yet the nigh-invisible ones still exist and they too insta-kill you which is just cheap and frustrating, especially when they put them in areas you're likely to go to near the beginning of the game when you don't have lots of tools to deal with these (or, rather, see them) in the first place.

Every time I happen to run into one, I'm like "ugh...... really?" because they're just lame.

At least the ones with the detonators make sense.

Explosive Traps ever since 1.3 when they made them insta-kill until you get Beetle/Solar Armor.

I can understand making them do 500+ damage when they have a big detonator that's impossible to miss, but yet the nigh-invisible ones still exist and they too insta-kill you which is just cheap and frustrating, especially when they put them in areas you're likely to go to near the beginning of the game when you don't have lots of tools to deal with these (or, rather, see them) in the first place.

Every time I happen to run into one, I'm like "ugh...... really?" because they're just lame.

At least the ones with the detonators make sense.
I thought they always did 500+ damage.

I thought they always did 500+ damage.

Nope, in ~1.2.4 they were counted as PvP damage, which cut it significantly (in half?). It was easily survivable with just 400 health and Molten Armor.

Now, it does 500+ even if you're wearing Titanium or Turtle Armor. You can't even hope to survive it until you get something that reduces damage done by a % like Beetle or Solar Armor. And even then it takes pretty much all you got off of you. Apparently they removed the PvP Flag from explosives for some dumb reason.

Nope, in ~1.2.4 they were counted as PvP damage, which cut it significantly (in half?). It was easily survivable with just 400 health and Molten Armor.

Now, it does 500+ even if you're wearing Titanium or Turtle Armor. You can't even hope to survive it until you get something that reduces damage done by a % like Beetle or Solar Armor. And even then it takes pretty much all you got off of you. Apparently they removed the PvP Flag from explosives for some dumb reason.
Oh. I guess I just didn't notice since I was usually lucky enough to not run into them very often. That does suck though...

RNG.

This explains everything.
Pretty much so. I just now went to the jungle to look for Plantera bulbs, because I thought, hey, you never had a Seedler. Would be nice to try one.

I found 15 bulbs. Loot:
1 Plantera Trophy
1 Plantera Mask
1 The Axe
1 Seedling
2 Pygmy Staffs
6 Wasp Guns
1 Thorn Hook
2 Grenade Launchers plus Rocket I's
3 Venus Magnums
1 Nettle Burst
1 Flower Pow
2 Leaf Blowers

Yes, that's pretty much everything on the Plantera drop list, with one noteable exception: the Seedler. Sigh.

Maybe, next time.

Last edited:
Pretty much so. I just now went to the jungle to look for Plantera bulbs, because I thought, hey, you never had a Seedler. Would be nice to try one.

I found 15 bulbs. Loot:
1 Plantera Trophy
1 Plantera Mask
1 The Axe
1 Seedling
2 Pygmy Staffs
6 Wasp Guns
1 Thorn Hook
3 Venus Magnums
1 Nettle Burst
1 Power Pow
2 Leaf Blowers

Yes, that's pretty much everything on the Plantera drop list, with one noteable exception: the Seedler. Sigh.

Maybe, next time.
Uhh... you aren't playing on expert mode, are you?

Uhh... you aren't playing on expert mode, are you?
No, just normal mode, so it has a chance to drop. I'd also assume it would be much harder to look for bulbs and kill Plantera 15 times in less than one hour in expert mode with my current gear (not meant as bragging, as there's an easy way to cheese Plantera with level-appropriate gear).

Last edited:
No, just normal mode, so it has a chance to drop. I'd also assume it would be much harder to look for bulbs and kill Plantera 15 times in less than one hour in expert mode with my current gear.
Okay. I was just wondering, since the Seedler is still glitched not to drop in expert mode.

Every time when I find a wooden boomerang while searching for a freaking magic mirror.
I was using a flamerang!

Eh, Wooden Boomerangs drop from Wood Chests, while Magic Mirrors are found in Golden Chests (you can also find them in Mahogany IIRC).

Also, you could go and try to find an Ice Mirror from the Ice Chests. The Ice Chests have a slightly smaller loot list so you're more likely to get one?

I found 15 bulbs. Loot:
1 Plantera Trophy
1 Plantera Mask
1 The Axe
1 Seedling
2 Pygmy Staffs
6 Wasp Guns
1 Thorn Hook
3 Venus Magnums
1 Nettle Burst
1 Flower Pow
2 Leaf Blowers

Maybe, next time.

Something similar happened to me.

1st example - wooden crates:

- tons of ores and bars
- tons of potions
- a bunch of Sailfish Boots
- some aglets
- some umbrellas
- three Extractinators
- a Guide To Plant Fiber Cordage
- some Tsunami In a Bottle's
- tons of coins
- two Climbing Claws

But still... NO radar! It is one of the only things I need for a Cell Phone in a MP server. People say it's easy to get, but sometimes it's NOT.

Fishing quests (but many people have similar problems to this):

- lots of Crate Potions
- tons of Fishing Potions
- some Sonar Potions
- Fin Wings
- Fish Hook
- Tons of money
- Tons of bait
- Four Tackle Boxes
- Three Angler Earrings
- Some decorative items
- 2 Fisherman's Pocket Guides

And other things, but no Sextant.

Eh, Wooden Boomerangs drop from Wood Chests, while Magic Mirrors are found in Golden Chests (you can also find them in Mahogany IIRC).

Also, you could go and try to find an Ice Mirror from the Ice Chests. The Ice Chests have a slightly smaller loot list so you're more likely to get one?
This was before ice mirrors were introduced (1.3 right?)
Maybe they were enchanted boomerangs, I can't remember. Looooong time ago.

But still... NO radar! It is one of the only things I need for a Cell Phone in a MP server. People say it's easy to get, but sometimes it's NOT.
Fishing quests (but many people have similar problems to this)....
And other things, but no Sextant.
Yeah, that's the thing with the RNG. Given how many things you need for that Cell Phone, it's already statistically quite likely that one item will lag. I had to wait for the Fisherman's Pocket Guide till fishing quest number 115, if I remember correctly.

My Plantera example isn't that bad regarding the numbers. 15 unsuccessful attempts for an item with a drop chance of 14.5% isn't really anything to talk home about. I just found it funny that I was actually only looking for one specific item, but got everything else but this one. The Axe, with a drop chance of 2%, was already my second (I had three Plantera battles before that). I can't really complain though, as I got 7 items I didn't already have.

Back
Top Bottom