Items First aid box

Flint🪓

The Axe
Had this idea not long ago so why not + more shimmer ugrades the better. And whats the idea?

First aid box

A permanent ugrade item that when used gives +0.5 health regen and makes the player respawn with full hp. How do you get it?
  • The Nurse now has a 33% chance of dropping the Nurse hat when killed.
  • The Nurse hat when shimmered turns into the First aid box.
Sprite:
pixil-frame-0 79.png

Last edited:
I think respawning at full health is too much, maybe 1/4 or 1/5 of health instead of half and this could maybe decrease the price of nurse heals
Reducing the price of nurse is a bit too much.
+0.5 health regen is a lot for a permanent upgrade. We already have the Vital Crystal, which grants a health regen bonus and is a permanent upgrade gotten through Shimmer. Just making the player respawn with full HP is enough, I think.
Vital crystal only buffs the health regen ramp by 20% (aka how quickly it takes to get at max hp regen rate).

Last edited:
0.25 regen is not possible to implement (can only increase regen by multiples of 0.5) and respawning at full HP is already very good

I think vital crystal should be reworked into this, its effect is practically meaningless right now and this would be far more useful without powercreeping anything.

0.25 regen is not possible to implement (can only increase regen by multiples of 0.5) and respawning at full HP is already very good

I think vital crystal should be reworked into this, its effect is practically meaningless right now and this would be far more useful without powercreeping anything.
Anything to make vital crystal more useful :)

…why? There’s like no reason it ever inhibits the player, as you can literally just sit in a chair to restore your health over the course of like 10 seconds for free.
It just feels too OP and would need this item too be a late game thing that would take lots of balancing, but that's just my opinion

Interesting concept. However, I feel like it would be slightly redundant that two permanent accessories that affect natural regeneration are made via Shimmer.

The health regen is already covered by a permanent upgrade. Permanent upgrades are supposed to be small bonuses that could make a difference but not a mandatory thing. I like the full health aspect I always through it was strange not to spawn with more health.

I feel like this could also be a placeable buff item like the ammo box.

Its already really good as it is like every other permanent upgrade.
This is not good. It does not improve regeneration by 20%, it improves base regeneration acceleration by 20%. What you would heal through base regeneration (which is an embarrassingly small amount, let's make that clear) is now gained 20% faster. This "upgrade" is miserable. The only time it will ever make a difference at all is on long treks through caves, and even then it'll only save a couple of seconds. It being essentially free means nothing if it doesn't do anything.
Why and how?
You can only program regeneration as whole numbers (that's just how Terraria works), and each number half that amount of health per second. If you type "1" for the regen number, you get 0.5hp per second. You can't go below that, or regen would be zero, and would do nothing at all. 0.5 is the minimum.

This is not good. It does not improve regeneration by 20%, it improves base regeneration acceleration by 20%. What you would heal through base regeneration (which is an embarrassingly small amount, let's make that clear) is now gained 20% faster. This "upgrade" is miserable. The only time it will ever make a difference at all is on long treks through caves, and even then it'll only save a couple of seconds. It being essentially free means nothing if it doesn't do anything.
Lol, it doesnt matter. This is still a permanent upgrade with no downsides to have. The boost is maybe extremely minor, but look at Gummy worm for example, it only gives you 3+ fishing power,a really low amount, but is it Worth it? Yes.
You can only program regeneration as whole numbers (that's just how Terraria works), and each number half that amount of health per second. If you type "1" for the regen number, you get 0.5hp per second. You can't go below that, or regen would be zero, and would do nothing at all. 0.5 is the minimum.
Then dont get mad about Vital crystal's upgrade to be extremely minor, lol.

Lol, it doesnt matter. This is still a permanent upgrade with no downsides to have. The boost is maybe extremely minor, but look at Gummy worm for example, it only gives you 3+ fishing power,a really low amount, but is it Worth it? Yes.
That doesn't make it valuable, or impactful, or special. You're right, the regen from it doesn't matter. You may as well have it, but whether you have it or not doesn't make a difference. It's about the equivalent of me giving you three pennies; there's nothing you can do with that. It's free money, but you're never going to notice it, nor care.
Then dont get mad about Vital crystal's upgrade to be extremely minor, lol.
I'm not mad at all, I'm giving you the facts that you asked for. I wasn't even talking about Vital Crystal there, and no, Vital Crystal's increase is nowhere near 0.5hp per second. It's not even coded the same way since it's not a flat rate. @J Bame explaining how Flat Regeneration is coded has nothing to do with current Vital Crystal.

Last edited:
It's boost is so small that in earlygame it would be much better to consume the life crystal than shimmering it. Same goes for arcane crystal btw. Even if you have max hp why even bother.

Last edited:
That doesn't make it valuable, or impactful, or special. You're right, the regen from it doesn't matter. You may as well have it, but whether you have it or not doesn't make a difference. It's about the equivalent of me giving you three pennies; there's nothing you can do with that. It's free money, but you're never going to notice it, nor care
Your example is horrible. I can use those 3 pennies to mix my money and buy a burger on anything like that and it will be gone. Vital crystal is a permanent upgrade. It doesnt have any downsides to have and it will stay on my character.
It's boost is so small that in earlygame it would be much better to consume the life crystal than shimmering it. Same goes for arcane crystal btw. Even if you have max hp why even bother.
Life crystals are so common that you wouldnt lose anything if you shimmered to vital crystal. If I am trying to maximize my character (which I would) I will consume vital crystal. I am okay with ANY type of permanent upgrade even if it is so minor.

Back
Top Bottom