Frost Moon Expert help

Beezwax&Nectar

The Destroyer
Hi! I'm playing a mage and I'm farming the frost moon for a razorpine at the moment, but this invasion is just destroying me. I have full spectre gear.
A couple questions I have
-Arena preparations (Used up all my fire traps)
-Which headpiece should I use?
-What weapon should I use?
-What buffs should I use? (Crimson World, no wrath potions)
-Any general tips you have for this invasion would be greatly appreciated

Isn't the easiest way to farm it pre ML just to spam Razorblade Typhoon while dodging everything with the UFO and healing with hood?

Personally, using the Lunar-tier items could make it much easier.
Like Phantasam/SDMG+Vortex Armor(with luminite ammo), Last Prism/Arcanum Arcurm+Nebula Armor or Stardust Dragon+Stardust Armor.
For melee, the Beetle Armor with Scarlemail may be better, and Meowmere, Star Wrath or Terrarian are all OK as a weapon.
Also, a combine of Fetid Baghnakhs and Terra Blade can barely reach the Final Wave.(be sure to have about 100% melee speed boost, and a cross neclace, as you may need to run into a boss to perform high DPS of Fetid Baghnakhs)
For buffs, using as much as you can(lifeforce, warmth, enduance, heartreach, ironskin and so on, but don't add too much unneccessory ones, as you can only have 22).
For accessories, rhe cross necklace would be very helpful if you are not good at dodge.
Other the Cute Fishron mount is very helpful if you build a good arena with water or honey.
Finally, for arena, make sure there is no hole below surface, or build it mid-air and use lava to prevent spawn below you.(You can see my profile post for an example, I recently using a Chlorophyte Shotbow for a Frost Moon).

Last edited:
Stand on a platform and use the vampire knives or something similar and shoot downwards and make sure your platform is quite high up just as high so you can just see the enemies. But this won't work very well with Mage. hope that I helped somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom