Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooohhhh!!! Ooooh!
-add elevators
-an eagle mount
-a setting that lets you add a border line for the cursor in game (better than going to the config)
-and maybe add more enemies like a grim reaper and a mantis in a jungle)

Oh and maybe if you can

-add an option where you can make your character an npc
so you can make them guard your npcs while your out adventuring

light sensors: activates with daylight (not torches) right click with black lens to make it active only during the night

And it would be great if more gloves (like the bone glove) for throwing weapons were added on hardmode so throwing weapons could be useful on hardmode.

Last edited:
  • I would LOVE to see light beans / beacons like these in the game, as another user has said. This would be a wonderful addition. Also I think the wrench should be a single item which would allow the user to cycle through the colours, and maybe even combine it with the wire cutter (LMB to place, RMB to remove?).
  • I think there should be a way to have visible black wires in the game which transfer power, and are placed at each end with a block resembling the rings you see on telegraph poles... and feature a black wire rendered in the same way as the fishing line, maybe with the player having some control over the tightness/droopiness of the wire. This idea comes from my desire to build a city and have visible power lines connecting it to a 'power station'.
  • A door lock mechanism (and maybe even chest lock) would be very awesome. I'm thinking an item that is placed on a door much in the same way an actuator is placed over a block, and when activated by a wire would lock the door or chest.
  • Lasers! Enough said.
  • Wireless power transmission of some kind would be a blessing, as traipsing a wire from one end of a large world to another just to link 2 teleporters together is just unbearable.
  • The ability to toggle the steampunk ceiling lamp and heart lantern with wires, like with torches and most other lamps.
Just a few of my ideas. Much love for this amazing game though, I hope to see much more content added in the future!

Oh and also, could the lava waders and lightning boots be combinable at a tinkerer's table? It's a bit problematic having 2 sets of boots in the accessories when slots are so limited.

they have run out of layers, didn't you hear? they can only have 4 colors, red, blue, green, and the new color, yellow. the layers are, moon lord layer (he goes behind walls), walls, most bosses and some enemies, blocks, some bosses and most monsters, and the 4 wire layers.

they have run out of layers, didn't you hear? they can only have 4 colors, red, blue, green, and the new color, yellow. the layers are, moon lord layer (he goes behind walls), walls, most bosses and some enemies, blocks, some bosses and most monsters, and the 4 wire layers.
It could still work since what he is suggesting are wires that are on the block or maybe furniture layer. Effectively they would be blocks that transmit "power" and graphically look like wires, rather than being typical Terrarian wires.

I didn't take the time to look and read through every post but I do have an idea of something. Since we have all see the conveyors, well how about something to automatically put things into chests from the conveyors. Something like how Minecraft uses Hoppers to take things from chests and other blocks and puts them elsewhere. If not then I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in a mod maybe.

You do realize they wrote the game themselves, right? If they want to add another layer it would not be difficult for them.

You do realize they wrote the game themselves, right? If they want to add another layer it would not be difficult for them.

Yes, it would be. Making changes to the engine of a game that has been getting consistent large content updates for almost five years now is not a matter of just turning that 4 into a 5.

EDIT: Or 3 to a 4 if it's an array, IDK.

Last edited:
From my understanding is that it would be rather difficult for them to rework the engine to add more layers. There is certainly a lot of logic that needs to go into those type of things. Plus, since Red is no longer working on this project and it is near it's end of life, i highly doubt that they would be willing to undertake such a large rework of the engine. Hell, they said it themselves that they can only add one more wire color because of limitations. I dont think they would bother to say that is adding more layers was as easy as you think it is.

Hey, new to the PC side of this forum, saw the post about 1.3.1 getting full controller support!
Is there an ETA for when 1.3.1 arrives?

Not really. But they will let the public know when the update is in a good enough state that they feel confident in giving a release date.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been a console only player forever, but have basically run out of things to do until we get part 2 of 1.2.4.

Can't wait for pc controller support! Finally a chance to murder the moon lord!

Dual Wielding. Dualwielding some weapons (Shortswords and flintlocks/ handguns ect.) would make them more viable for fighting. Some weapons (Min/Megashark/gatligator ect.) would not be able to dual wield.
Without complicating UI more, this could be done with crafting. Say you have 2 of same kind of shortswords, you could go tinkering table and combine them. It would have different attack animation made then.

-Well i think there should be at least 6 wrenches (red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple)
-The wire cutter should be gray or something so its less easily confused with the red wrench. Either that or the wire should be changed to neutral colors to help avoid confusion if not both. too much red lol
-The statues should display whether they are functional or not, and if so, what they do. Certain engineering items such as statues and traps should display how often they can be activated
**MUST HAVE** an item called a wire reel or something along those lines. You make two of them and place them anywhere you could normally place a wire. Then you activate one and then the other one it connects a string of wire between the two. you can make it out of ~5 copper/tin and then the color gem that would correspond to the color wire you would want placed (or they could be sold by the mechanic for 1 or 2 gold each). It would still take the same amount of wires but it would just take them out of your inventory/piggy bank/safe.
-I don't know if the wire stack size is 999 but it should be. There's so many other items in the game to worry about lol
-make or buy silver wires. When used instead of regular wires (copper wires rename?) statues, traps, and other things that have a certain time limit before they can be activated again can activate 10-20% quicker. (silver is a better conductor than copper in real life lol)
-add the ability to make 10-50 wires out of a copper bar (if not already possible to make)
-also just overall any simplification or anything that can make the engineering as least confusing and quick and easy to use as possible. There's so much stuff to worry about in this game as it is lol so anything would help
Thanks so much for taking your time to read this i didnt look at any other post before writing this so if i put the same exact thing forgive me this is just some of the stuff i brainstormed up. i hope this brings some new ideas your way!

Oh okay.
-Well I'm thinking one wrench, when you already have it equipped/selected and you mouse click on the wrench icon in your hotbar (or right click on your character when its equipped maybe?) it brings up a small four button panel, one for each wrench color. If you just scroll to the wrench on your hotbar or left click the icon once, if you are starting a new wire it will use the last used color, and if you are adding to a prexisting wire it would just use that wire color by default
-Also you could combine the wrench and wire cutter at the tinkers workshop, which would save one inventory slot, and then it would be a small 5 button panel instead.
-Silver wires wouldnt be available til hardmode. Maybe even after a mechanical boss or two is defeated?
-Just for fun, the mechanic could sell a wrench (weapon) that looks strangely familiar to the one from bioshock (and maybe even a Wrench Stalker Tonic accessory that sometimes drops from a rare, giant, metal-clad beast who only appears at the lowest depths of the ocean on blood moons in hardmode......) that would greatly increase the wrenches damage and knockback and size or something lol)

-More permanent auxiliary equipment slots for alternate pieces of gear like you did for wings, but namely for High Test Fishing Line, Angler Earring, Tackle Box and other sorts of equipment that doesn't give any sort of combat stat (bait will go in the tackle box). Hell, maybe even the fishing clothing set and the Architect Gizmo Pack and such (maybe Master Ninja Gear?). It will make your character feel more like it's advancing with those items you find which would otherwise likely just sit in your inventory never used or thrown out entirely.

-Merging all the crafting stations into one through a chain of crafting. Sawmills, Ice Machines and the like.

-The ability to shape background walls.

-Allowing glass to work on a separate layer than everything else, so you can have things behind and in front of the glass. Also allowing things to keep their shape when behind glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom