Votes: 2 18.2%
  • This isn't too god

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Red, plz don't add, i'm begging you

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Pie

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Ok, so, ya know when in the real world, if someone shoots a gun, they get knocked back a little bit from the force... there's a reason where the term "You'll shoot your eye Out" comes from. I thought it would be a pretty unique idea if "HEY! Why not add Gun Knock back to Terraria?"

kdcROYP.png

So, here is how the "Gun Knock back" Works. Basically, whatever knock back a enemy receives upon upon being hit with the gun, divided by 2, will the knock back the player gets when shooting the gun. Don't worry though, the player takes no damage when being knocked back by the gun. Here's a example of what I was talking about:
Lets say you have a Musket with no knock back reforges. By default, it does 4.5 knock back on enemies when the bullet meets the enemy. Divide that by two and you get 2.25. That 2.25 knock back will be applied to the player upon the gun being fired. Different guns will do different amounts of knock back. A Chain Gun can do 0.875 knock back to the player, very little, if not, none at all, while a Mega Shark, using the same mechanics of a Chain Gun basically, can do 0.5 knock back to the player. There IS however, a way to prevent gun knock back, witch is explained below

kdcROYP.png

The way to prevent the Gun Knock back is through a crafting recipe, show right here:
Spiked Shoes
Crafted with: 1 Hermes Boots, 1 Shoe Spikes, 5 Iron Ingots
Crafted at: Tinkerers Workshop
Tool Tip: Ouch! These things are really heavy!
Function: Despite not having the super speed like the Hermes Boots, when equip, it will prevent any and all Gun Knock back. You could even say the Shoe Spikes are keeping your feet in place and the Iron weighing you down :dryadgrin: Don't worry, there's only a %5 movement reduction for balancing purposes

kdcROYP.png

Welp, thats all I have for now. Leave suggestions, support, criticism... anything that can help me improve on this. I hope you like this and I hope you have a nice day :dryadsmile:
The one sprite I need will be appreciated if someone can make it

This mechanic would quickly annoy me. Imagine standing on a small piece of land while being swarmed by enemies. Knockback tossing you into a deep pit, off a cliff, into water, into lava, into other enemies... Nope, a very
badidea.gif

in my opinion. Terraria's not the game for it.

I don't really like the idea of this changing existing weapons, but I think there should be a weapon that knocks you back, maybe a giant laser?
tooltip "ima firin my lazor!"

Specific weapons perhaps, but not the current ones. Maybe you can introduce a couple of weapons that do this? And I don't think the 0 Gun knockback is that useful. We have several shields for the purpose of nullifying knockback already. Most of the time knockback can be detrimental rather than helpful, as you need to watch out where you are being knockbacked to, to actually warrant
%5 movement reduction for balancing purposes
that. If anything, guns that send you flying backwards with use + reduced movement range is a double loss, not a gain and a loss, especially considering there's no real problem with how they work now.

Unless this is restricted to specific weapons, I won't be supporting this.

You know what, I wouldn't mind the if the ranged weapons had some sort of knockback, It would make playing as a ranger more challenging in my view. Right now, you can just aim, shoot and forget, while with the addition of a mechanic like this, the player would need to be careful to not end up being thrown in a lava pit or something.

But if this were ever added, and all the guns got some sort of knockback, it would be a huge change to the whole game, and I'm sure there's lots of players that will disagree with it.
For making the suggestion better, I think that most guns should have a very tiny knockback, if not none at all ( say around 0.5 or 0.1 ), and weapons with either high damage or heavy ammunition ( like the sniper or the rocket launcher) should have something around 0.8 or 0.7 knockback.
And instead of having to craft a whole new item to negate this knockback, just have it cancelled by the cobalt/obsidian/ankh shield.

(like the sniper or the rocket launcher)
Two weapons that are already not that powerful compared to other guns. I don't want to see them nerfed.

Like other people said, maybe a nice idea for some spectacular new weapon, but I don't want to see my ranger experience ruined with a change like this.

This is essentially a nerf of the entire ranger damagetype. People who play with ranger weapons and armor are going to need to sacrifice a slot for pair of shoes that don't even give them the speed boost of hermes/flurry/spectre/lightning/frostspark.

Okay, you could MAYBE get away with this with some Rocket firing weapons... otherwise, no.

Also, why do we need any new shoes? Like the guy above me said, Shoe spikes should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom