Items Have the Dryad drop a “Life Seed” on death

Plant it on jungle grass to grow into a unique Life Tree. Once per in-game day, this tree can be shaken for a guaranteed fruit drop. Options:
  • A random tree fruit that can be found by shaking trees across the world (90% chance)
  • A life fruit (only after a mechanical boss has been defeated, drop chance starts at 10% and decreases by 0.5% per life fruit already consumed)
  • An “ancient fruit” (working name) which grants the Exquisitely Stuffed buff for 5 minutes (only after a mechanical boss has been defeated, drop chance starts at 0% and increases by 0.5% per life fruit already consumed)
This would probably need to have some restrictions placed on it to keep it balanced, such as limiting the number that can be in a world, but I’m not sure of the best way to go about that.

Thoughts?

I like the tree idea and it being a consistent source of tree fruits and Life Fruit, but I feel like it should be obtained in a different way. I don't know what that different way would be, but I don't think killing NPCs is a good way to facilitate content.

I like the tree idea and it being a consistent source of tree fruits and Life Fruit, but I feel like it should be obtained in a different way. I don't know what that different way would be, but I don't think killing NPCs is a good way to facilitate content.
Fair point. I must admit the idea started as me just trying to come up with interesting things that could drop from the NPCs who still don’t drop anything, and the one for Dryad started as just a little seed but then grew into something more complex.

Fair point. I must admit the idea started as me just trying to come up with interesting things that could drop from the NPCs who still don’t drop anything, and the one for Dryad started as just a little seed but then grew into something more complex.
I love the idea actually! ...but, this may promote farming the dryad. The rest only drop a weapon or something that you dont usually need more than once.

So maybe shimmer somehow? We still want to make this not renewable

Shimmering the basic source for trees (an Acorn) would make it too easy to obtain. Maybe Shimmer something else the Dryad sells so that you atleast have to have her in your world?
maybe a reward for cleansing the world? But that may make it too hard to get, and often post ML (unless you did it preemptively in PreHM (idk if that still counts)

So maybe not shimmer? Not sure what the best way to do this would be if it needs to be available around mech tier

Back
Top Bottom