Game Mechanics Have the Toxic Flask weapon apply debuffs from imbuement flasks

the suggestion GREAT idea tho it will be hard to code it can make flasks viable for mage too. Maybe this can work with other weapons simllar to its function Ex nimbus rod, rainbow gun, the corruption mimic WALL staff, betsy wraith. all it needs is that and a increase to lingering

I believe the Toxic Flask should get buffed as it should have a wider radius of effect to give a reason to use it over the Inferno Fork in only a handful of cases, but the problem with this weapon also is... Most dungeon enemies are also immune and well. ._. So the more appropriate debuff to add would be acid venom... Maybe it can do both FX, but randomly so in some contexts it's advantageous to use on enemies immune to flames, while enemies that take damage to Acid Venom or poison are better off finished off by.
I would want this weapon to be more offensive than defensive. As there is too much overlap over the Inferno Fork and Toxic Flask. One can pierce through walls, the other can centralize damage in one area.

I feel like the inferno fork and flask should be like the sanguine staff and blade staff. great weapons which are interchangeably viable.
Sanguine staff is sort of a worse blade staff DPS wise. One has high damage, but the AI is dreadful which hurts the staff for the amount of effort you work for it. There should be a better use of niches for both... Sanguine staff I would say, is a worse blade staff. One is just objectively easier to obtain and much better. By making the Flask more offensive, while the Inferno Fork more defensive. It gives a role for both of these weapons without getting forgotten or trashed.

Sanguine staff is sort of a worse blade staff DPS wise. One has high damage, but the AI is dreadful which hurts the staff for the amount of effort you work for it. There should be a better use of niches for both... Sanguine staff I would say, is a worse blade staff. One is just objectively easier to obtain and much better. By making the Flask more offensive, while the Inferno Fork more defensive. It gives a role for both of these weapons without getting forgotten or trashed.

well I don't think so. sanguine staff has a descent minion ai*(not s good as blade but descent) to it. the only down side is that u need to be closer to your targets to gain more dps. since the bats "hit and run". These minions will do great with cracker stacking. And imo the dread naught is easier to fight. Just use a blood tear(a high likely hood u obtianed in pre hard mode) and start fishing. yes its still more tedious than the Queen slime but from all I see i think both staff are amazing. they both can carry u up to cultist or golem.

I fully agree with this suggestion. It would give this weapon a great use. As for making it a better support weapon and comparable to the inferno fork, just make the toxic cloud last longer. It currently lasts for one second while to IF fireball last for ~3. Have the toxic cloud last for 5 then.

Back
Top Bottom